PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R lag, REALLLY bad, need help

easyrider
06-06-07, 10:42 AM
Well I decided to try out Stalker, and am getting severe lag, I mean like 5fps type lag :(.
I'll start with my specs wich are as follows:
P4 3.0ghz prescott
BFG 7800GS OC, 8x agp, 256mb
Corsaire 1 gig (2x512) mem
Nothing is overlcoked at all.

Well I started the game and got about to the outside door up the stairs after accepting a task (whatever they call em)
I haven't played the game very long at all, just ben busy and all, so haven't had much time to do much with the game yet.

My nv cp settings are 4x fsaa, 16x aniso.
In game is the same way, but I have adjusted in game sliders up and down, medium settings, turned things down, 1280x960x32 res, and nothing I do seems to work, I still get lag severely, and I do mean lag, so laggy it's pretty well a chop fest.
I would love to try the game out, but at this rate, it's not even enjoyable and/or playable.
So what I was looking for is some tips and ideas as far as what to do.
I haven't got a clue as to what to do, because everything I do seems to have no affect at all.
Maybe I can't play this game on this video card?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jcrox
06-06-07, 11:57 AM
Do you have it on static lighting or dynamic? dynamic would most definitely kick your computer's rear end. Turning down grass density and/or shadows can help to. Also make sure you have the latest patch and well, I would say Nvidia drivers but I don't know about that card.

Blade
06-06-07, 12:39 PM
Well I decided to try out Stalker, and am getting severe lag, I mean like 5fps type lag :(.
I'll start with my specs wich are as follows:
P4 3.0ghz prescott
BFG 7800GS OC, 8x agp, 256mb
Corsaire 1 gig (2x512) mem
Nothing is overlcoked at all.

Well I started the game and got about to the outside door up the stairs after accepting a task (whatever they call em)
I haven't played the game very long at all, just ben busy and all, so haven't had much time to do much with the game yet.

My nv cp settings are 4x fsaa, 16x aniso.
In game is the same way, but I have adjusted in game sliders up and down, medium settings, turned things down, 1280x960x32 res, and nothing I do seems to work, I still get lag severely, and I do mean lag, so laggy it's pretty well a chop fest.
I would love to try the game out, but at this rate, it's not even enjoyable and/or playable.
So what I was looking for is some tips and ideas as far as what to do.
I haven't got a clue as to what to do, because everything I do seems to have no affect at all.
Maybe I can't play this game on this video card?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud, it's ya rig, it's considered low to mid range these days, turn your user cp settings to app controlled for starters, tone down some settings ingame to.

My best advice would be more Ram, really cheap atm, u need 2 gigs, guaranteed you'll see a fps increase.