http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4784/witcher05kj0.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/879/witcher06ck9.jpg

CaptNKILL
06-06-07, 04:57 PM
Looking good.

I have high hopes for this one. :)

breathemetal
06-06-07, 05:34 PM
Reminds me of Fable. But, a much better version of Fable.

Ambrose
06-06-07, 07:38 PM
Wow, they certainly gave the graphics a facelift since I last saw this game. Might have to get it now. Is it an mmorpg or single player rpg?

nekrosoft13
06-06-07, 07:40 PM
single

breathemetal
06-06-07, 08:08 PM
Single FTW! :captnkill: I hate MMO's :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 09:11 PM
So can't wait for this game... its on my top 10 most wanted!

Redeemed
06-07-07, 06:04 AM
Meh- the graphics look comparable to Oblivion... maybe ever so slightly better in some areas. I'm not too impressed, personally. I don't quite get why so many are so hyped about this game.

Who knows though- Oblivion has really sparked my interest in the RPG genre, so maybe I'll end up giving this game a go.

Mr. Hunt
06-07-07, 06:14 AM
Meh- the graphics look comparable to Oblivion... maybe ever so slightly better in some areas. I'm not too impressed, personally. I don't quite get why so many are so hyped about this game.

Who knows though- Oblivion has really sparked my interest in the RPG genre, so maybe I'll end up giving this game a go.

Have you been smoking 8 tons of crack? Look at the characters... they are about 20000000 BILLION times better looking than the fugly ones found in Oblivion... I enjoyed Oblivion but the characters look like crap. And this game doesn't have the freaking AWFUL animations that Oblivion (and morrowind) suffered from.

Redeemed
06-07-07, 06:17 AM
Have you been smoking 8 tons of crack? Look at the characters... they are about 20000000 BILLION times better looking than the fugly ones found in Oblivion... I enjoyed Oblivion but the characters look like crap. And this game doesn't have the freaking AWFUL animations that Oblivion (and morrowind) suffered from.

The characters, to me, only look marginally better than the one's in Oblivion. As for the animation, I don't know so I can't comment. Graphically this game is un-impressive none the less (for me anyways).

stefan9
06-07-07, 06:21 AM

Some of us are hyped about this game because along with Dragon Age it seems to be the only genuine crpg on the horizon.

While Oblivion was fun to play it was never a true rpg to me. None of the decisions you made ever influenced the game. You could be head of all the factions in the game and by the end I was. In a true rpg that never happens.

SLINROB
06-07-07, 07:14 AM

Its not all about the graphics. This is going to be a very dark game compared to Oblivion, there are lots of reasons to be excited about witcher and I for one cannot wait to get my hands on it.

nekrosoft13
06-07-07, 08:03 AM

one - oblivion is not an rpg, its a boring ****ty action-adventure game with rpg elements

two - witcher is a real rpg

three - graphics are not the most important part

four - story matters in RPG, which oblivion really lacks in

five - witcher will be the first rpg in very long time to be mainly focused towards mature audience, in USA and some other parts of the world will be sensorded on more then one occasion.

DRen72
06-07-07, 11:54 AM
Is this a DirectX10 title?

Shots look fabulous to me and I play a lot of RPG's and the "sort-of" RPG games.

nekrosoft13
06-07-07, 12:17 PM
no, its DX9 (last time i heard)

its heavy modded Aurora Engine from Bioware

methimpikehoses
06-07-07, 12:29 PM
I got hooked on teh Oblivion... I'm looking forward to this one as well.

stefan9
06-07-07, 01:12 PM
no, its DX9 (last time i heard)

its heavy modded Aurora Engine from Bioware

Yeah thats right they changed the Aurora engine by some 90% or thats what is claimed.

breathemetal
06-07-07, 01:33 PM
This makes me want to reinstall Oblivion and see if I can get it working right on Vista...

I have 5 dvd's full of mods (mainly texture mods) that would make the game look 8800 worthy :D

Really off topic I know, but download Qarl's tex. packs. They are freaking monstrous! ;)

DRen72
06-07-07, 02:41 PM
This makes me want to reinstall Oblivion and see if I can get it working right on Vista...

I have 5 dvd's full of mods (mainly texture mods) that would make the game look 8800 worthy :D

Really off topic I know, but download Qarl's tex. packs. They are freaking monstrous! ;)

I played the Oblivion expansion pack entirely using Vista with the 15x.xx series drivers. No problems at all. HDR+AA even works fine.

Redeemed
06-07-07, 03:24 PM
I've never realy been a huge RPG fan until I played Oblivion. Now I know that Oblivion isn't really an "RPG" so to speak.

Regardless, for me I don't see much reason to get hyped about this game. I'm not trying to thread crap or crap on your guy's party- but I see no reason to get stoked about this title. I merely hoped that by posting my opinion somebody would share some feature about the game that would seriously pick my interest. So far I've not been impressed with what I hear. This game just isn't for me I guess.

SLINROB
06-07-07, 04:13 PM
This game just isn't for me I guess.

You said the same thing about Oblivion until you actually bought a copy of it.:rolleyes: Why dont you just wait until you try a demo or something of witcher before you write it off as a game you dont think you will enjoy?

I have a good friend just like you and I always laugh when he goes back and plays a game from like 2 yrs ago that he refused to play when it was originally out then talks about it like its the best thing EvAh!

Redeemed
06-07-07, 04:15 PM
You said the same thing about Oblivion until you actually bought a copy of it.:rolleyes: Why dont you just wait until you try a demo or something of witcher before you write it off as a game you dont think you will enjoy?

I have a good friend just like you and I always laugh when he goes back and plays a game from like 2 yrs ago that he refused to play when it was originally out then talks about it like its the best thing EvAh!

:lol:

You're probably right. But it does depend on the plot of the game and other such factors. Being a Christian, I do regulate what I watch, play, etc. ;)

Can you tell me, essentially, what the plot of this game is? Does it have a heavy emphasis on witchcraft, etc?

nekrosoft13
06-07-07, 04:28 PM
yes, it does ;)

The Witcher or the Hexer (Polish: Wiedźmin), a professional monster killer named Geralt, is a character created by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. Geralt and other witchers appear in Sapkowski's three short story collections and "The Witcher Saga" ("Saga o wiedźminie"), series comprising five novels. The stories and novels have been translated into Czech, Slovak, German, Russian, Lithuanian, French and Spanish. An English translation of the Ostatnie życzenie (The Last Wish) short story collection was published by Gollancz in 2007.

Witchers are sterile mutants with supernatural abilities, who receive special training and preparation. During their training they are also taught to suppress their feelings, which leads many people to believe that they have no emotions. Geralt, the central character in Sapkowski's stories, is said in the stories to be one of the best witchers.

Alternatively, the word warlock has been used informally in English translations, while "witcher", being a neologism in English (as wiedźmin is in Polish) arguably describes better the spirit of Geralt's profession. Witcher is used by the makers of a computer game based on the books and it was chosen for the English translation of The Last Wish.

In the Witcher fictional universe, "witcher" was a derogatory term constructed from the word witch (wiedźma) and used by the magicians to describe males with a limited magical ability.

pkirby11
06-08-07, 01:04 AM
You know the game has nudity in it right? Sorry, I just wanted to post that. :D I read an article in a magazine a few months back and the guy from the company siad they've had a hell of a time marketing it in the US because of it's adult theme. Aparently your character is a real ladies man and you can take women to bed and get a reward of a card of that woman doing something seductive, naked!

Okay I'm sorry I just wanted to post that, see if anyone wanted to buy the game just for that. :D It does look awesome, been following this one for a while now. Can't wait for it to release, it looks like the story should be interesting too. If it has good game play on top of boobies it's a win/win! :captnkill:

stefan9
06-08-07, 05:13 AM
You know the game has nudity in it right? Sorry, I just wanted to post that. :D I read an article in a magazine a few months back and the guy from the company siad they've had a hell of a time marketing it in the US because of it's adult theme. Aparently your character is a real ladies man and you can take women to bed and get a reward of a card of that woman doing something seductive, naked!

Okay I'm sorry I just wanted to post that, see if anyone wanted to buy the game just for that. :D It does look awesome, been following this one for a while now. Can't wait for it to release, it looks like the story should be interesting too. If it has good game play on top of boobies it's a win/win! :captnkill:

Yeah the real game has that in. In the uncensored game you even gain experience from visiting a brothel, that was in a preview in one of the pc mags here.

But the US and Germany will get the censored version so I presume nudity will be cut from them. But I will be getting the uk version.