PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2707WFP

Pages : [1] 2

pkirby11
06-06-07, 09:18 PM
Well, I order a 2707WFP last weekend and I got it today. (nana2) I just started playing around with it so I don't have a solid opinion yet but m initial reaction is DAMN! This is a nice monitor, I should know I've been through several over the last few weeks.

It's a nice compromise between the 30 IN. and the 24 In. because it's not to big and yet it's not to small. The resolution and dot pitch are nice, I'm quite happy with it. The color gamut whil not incrediably noticable in casual stuff like browsing is quite amazing in movies how ever.

No dead pixels that I can tell and the best back light I've seen so far. I went through several Samsung 226BWs all with crappy panels, an LG 22 IN. with crappy panel, another 24 IN. LG with really grainy video and the last one was a Westinghouse that was pretty good except it had a major problem in the upper right with back light bleed. So to say the least, I'm very happy with this. ALl the monitors I mentioned above had a WOW feeling to them but only after some tweaking. Right out of the back this Dell 2707 just made me think WOW, that's not to say it could use some tweaking but overall I'm very happy. I'll post pics and some more details in a bit, right now I plan to play around with it.

Ask any questions if you'd like, so far I'm using it for my PC to play games and watch movies. Might get me an XBox 360 this weekend thought and I'll let you know how that looks. Man I love this monitor! :D

ENU291
06-06-07, 09:28 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I've owned the 2707 for quite a while and I love it to death! :wonder: If you decide on getting a 360 connect it using the VGA option and set the 360 to 1920X1080 Expanded mode (Component seems to have latency issues).

Amuro
06-06-07, 09:44 PM
Told you you wouldn't regret it! :) I'm using mine with both PC and PS3 gaming and really loving it. PS3 set to output RGB full range look amazing on the 2707.

Greasy
06-06-07, 09:44 PM
I always thought everything would look too big on a 27 since it has the same resolution as the 24. I've yet to see one in person though.

pkirby11
06-06-07, 09:53 PM
Told you you wouldn't regret it! :) I'm using mine with both PC and PS3 gaming and really loving it. PS3 set to output RGB full range look amazing on the 2707.

You were right, I'm glad I asked you. I don't regret this monitor one bit! It looks great and performs great too. Greasy don't worry about the resolution, it looks better than a 24 IN and it's not to hard on the eye either.

ENU291, thanks for the info I was actually going to ask an owner of this monitor if they had an XBox 360 and what was the best way to hook it up. Thanks for answering that. :D

Amuro
06-06-07, 09:56 PM
I heard the recent update of the 360 improves VGA quality to support full range RGB which means the console will look great on a LCD monitor.

Redeemed
06-06-07, 09:59 PM
This is great to hear. I just bought this exact monitor from Stncttr908. It should arrive by Friday. I can't wait! :D

Ambrose
06-06-07, 11:38 PM
I have a total noob question, but with a widescreen monitor (I don't know if this one is widescreen or not but I've seen a lot of them) how does that look with games? Does it just stretch the image? Also, do all games support widescreen monitors?

pkirby11
06-07-07, 12:15 AM
I have a total noob question, but with a widescreen monitor (I don't know if this one is widescreen or not but I've seen a lot of them) how does that look with games? Does it just stretch the image? Also, do all games support widescreen monitors?

I had a 20-In WS and this is also a widescreen, 1920x1200 is a widescreen resolution. More and more games are starting to support WS gaming, how ever there are some that don't. From what I've experienced with ones that don't it will stretch the aspect ratio but I've never had a problem and some games will allow you to tweak configuration files to add support.

One of the nice thing about Games for Windows is widescreen support is one of the requirements to be met. I think widescreen monitors will end up being a standard soon, I know I can't go back. I love the apect ratio it's so nice and it's great for movies.

Redeemed you won't be disapointed, this is one sharp monitor inside and out. I love the silver frame and glass base. I'll post more information and thoughts tommorow, on a good note just got done watching an HD-DVD and it looked great.

Mr_LoL
06-07-07, 12:39 AM
I would love to get this monitor of the Samsung 275T but I can't justify spending an extra 300 for 3 inches more desktop space. This thing should be 600 tops. Also the large dot pitch would do my head in.

methimpikehoses
06-07-07, 01:38 AM
my wife would be happy with anything over 7"

So she's pretty depressed? :p

DCult
06-07-07, 03:19 AM
So she's pretty depressed? :p

Well, at 8inch they tell me "it's the right size". Go figure :rolleyes:

DCult
06-07-07, 05:37 AM
Pictures? :)

Of what? :p My "monitor"? lol

ENU291
06-07-07, 06:43 AM
I heard the recent update of the 360 improves VGA quality to support full range RGB which means the console will look great on a LCD monitor.
You are correct! Expanded mode gives the 360 very deep blacks and great color saturation (similar to the PS3's full RGB mode).

pkirby11
06-07-07, 09:27 AM
Here are some quick pics I took, I'll maybe post some more later when I get off work. I'm not the best photographer either but hey I try. :D I love this monitor! Gone give some games a whirl tonight and see how they look. :)

Alrighty the pictures:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/pkirby11/IMG_1279.jpg

Sorry for the blur and yes those are stuffed animals. Girlfriend and others have given me some wierd gifts over the years. But hey I secure enough to say some of them are funny! :cool:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/pkirby11/IMG_1278.jpg

Back of the stand, I absolutly love the stand!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/pkirby11/IMG_1277.jpg

Base of the stand, again which I love!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/pkirby11/IMG_1276.jpg

And last but not least anoghter pic of the monitor. As you can see I'm missing a shelf on my desk. I have to butcher my desk just to fit this thing on it but I don't care cause this monitor is awesome. And all the people who whine or say the dot pitch is to high need to see and try the monitor first. The dot pitch makes this easy on the eyes but not so big you think your resolution is screwed. Again I want to think Amuro for the comments and in suggesting I buy this monitor, best purchase I've made in a while! :D

hirantha
06-07-07, 09:37 AM
it looks awesome, i feel like selling my 24inch and buy one of those..

Mr_LoL
06-07-07, 09:54 AM
pkirby11. Great pictures. I wasn't that keen on the styling but it's grown on me. It looks like I'll have to plump for a more affordable monitor like the LG L245WP.

pkirby11
06-07-07, 10:15 AM
pkirby11. Great pictures. I wasn't that keen on the styling but it's grown on me. It looks like I'll have to plump for a more affordable monitor like the LG L245WP.

LG makes a nice monitor. I had one before I got this, the reason I got rid of the LG was because of the grainy picture in HD movies but it looked awesome for everything else. I have to say the Dell is my favorite so far but it is damn expensive, so I feel your pain. I think you'll like the LG though if you go with it.

pkirby11
06-07-07, 10:16 AM
it looks awesome, i feel like selling my 24inch and buy one of those..

DO IT! DOOOO ITTTT! Sorry I couldn't resist but in all honesty if you can and have the money I say go for it, the step up from 24IN to 27IN is quite astonishing. You'd really enjoy it! :D

ENU291
06-07-07, 10:37 AM
FYI

For those that are not big fans of the Dell 2707WFP styling or color (:wtf:) it's sister the Samsung 275T is also available for purchase. Take a look at THIS (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001233) link for details from Newegg's site.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/24-001-233-02.jpg

DiscipleDOC
06-07-07, 10:49 AM
Uhhgg....I would get the Dell 27" before I got that ugly Samsung...:thumbdwn:

ENU291
06-07-07, 10:52 AM
Uhhgg....I would get the Dell 27" before I got that ugly Samsung...:thumbdwn:
I'm with ya bra!!! Samsung = teh ugleh!! :retard:

SOAD
06-07-07, 01:27 PM
*looks sadly at his 2407wfp*

:( :D ;) :rolleyes: :o :thumbdwn: :headexplode:

If you cant decipher what im trying to put across, join the club

methimpikehoses
06-07-07, 02:12 PM
DO IT! DOOOO ITTTT! Sorry I couldn't resist but in all honesty if you can and have the money I say go for it, the step up from 24IN to 27IN is quite astonishing. You'd really enjoy it! :D

Nice monitor man... now you've got me wondering if I should buck up for the 27 instead of the 24...

zoomy942
06-07-07, 02:19 PM
i WOULD get a nice LCD for my pc, but i...err... dont even have a home PC.:)