PDA

View Full Version : just cause

mynakedrat
06-06-07, 09:42 PM
IS such a nice game to play. there are all kind of fun stuff to do , looks super sweet, and really takes all the AA and SS and eats it up. levels are massive(far cry) and there are multiple islands to look at. there is a parachute and a grappling hook which is really fun for nighttime kiting/skydiving/paragliding.

i grapple a car and ride all over the island thousands of feet in the air, pulled along by the car or whatever.
loaded it again the other day, with the 8800 now, LOOKS EVEN BETTER!!!!
holy 5h1t!
anyone else play/ know whats up with this game??
no one ever talks about it, but it is a good vid card tester, more so than far cry now.

breathemetal
06-06-07, 10:25 PM
May have to download this, er..buy this...

Looks nice.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/734/734074/just-cause-20060921030437923.jpg

crainger
06-06-07, 11:01 PM
It's great fun aslong as you don't take it too seriously. I've been meaning to reload this under Vista to see how it runs.

nekrosoft13
06-06-07, 11:31 PM
a big stinker

8800gtsfan
06-07-07, 12:23 AM
I just finished it about a week ago. Great, fun game - runs superb with all options maxed out. GoGamer.com has had it recently for about $14.

U can explore the world forever...

adv1
06-07-07, 07:32 AM
The PC demo was very badly done, throwing you in at the deep end like that, and I bet most people wrote off this game after just playing a couple of minutes of the demo.

However, the full game was definitely better. I loved the freedom of the game and the gorgeous setting, plus all the things you could do.

Unfortunately in the end I gave up playing Just Cause because I got tired of how unpolished and awkward it was to play. It just had a few too many irritating problems and a general roughness that spoiled it for me.

So I think I appreciate it more for what it tried to do, rather than how it actually turned out. It'll be interesting to see whether Just Cause 2 can get it right.

christos
06-07-07, 08:09 AM
Aside from using software which maps keyboard commands to the joystick, was a mod or patch ever released for this game to support a gamepad natively?

raystorm
06-07-07, 08:17 AM
The game doesn't even look as good as the 360 version. Its a port of the xbox version and it doesn't even have proper widescreen (thanks to widescreenforum for a fix). Its a decent game on the 360 if you can get it on the cheap. I wouldn't tough the inferior pc version.

mynakedrat
06-07-07, 03:38 PM
^^^ what res are you running at??? my card and monitor ALWAYS looks better than 360
the aa evels and aF alone make it look waaaay cleaner than the xbx,
not too mention ss can be turned on also

SLINROB
06-07-07, 09:20 PM
^^^ what res are you running at??? my card and monitor ALWAYS looks better than 360

I agree with this. Even though they blessed the 360 version with HDR and purposely left it out for the PC:rolleyes: I still have to say it looks better on the PC due to AA and AF.

I have played it for both the 360 and the PC and while each has its own strenghts I have to give it to the PC for having the over all better looking version.

mynakedrat
06-07-07, 10:16 PM
slirob's ideas FTW!

Nitz Walsh
06-07-07, 10:25 PM
I'd have to disagree, I've played in on the 360 and the PC, the 360 definitely looks better. The motion blur in the 360 version is outstanding.

SLINROB
06-08-07, 06:17 AM
I'd have to disagree, I've played in on the 360 and the PC, the 360 definitely looks better. The motion blur in the 360 version is outstanding.

Motion blur:rolleyes:

I will take Just Cause on my PC over the 360 any day. My reasons have already been listed.

raystorm
06-08-07, 07:48 AM
Not just motion blur but better textures, shadows and that hdr stuff. You can dump all the AA and AF you want but it won't make the inferior textures better and it won't add the better shadows. Of course if you enjoy the pc version then more power to you and I'm happy you dig it but I'll stick with the 360 version.

mynakedrat
06-08-07, 03:16 PM
i think there is a mistake. on the 8800, the image quality is supreme. i looked at my friends. the shadows that we compared were way worse and blocky on the xbx, mine has bloom that looks way better than the xbx, the xbx laggy at times, the load times sucked, the resolution was grainy, the rain and atmosphere wasnt there, the motion blur on the xbx was trying to make up for the graininess and lack of textures. your computer must have been set wrong because af x16 was three times as sharp of textures than what i was seeing.
o,
and
The controller sux. now i am just being mean
those are my reasons

stncttr908
06-08-07, 03:19 PM
I just remember playing the demo and the controls were almost unbearably loose. Has that been fixed?

mynakedrat
06-08-07, 03:24 PM
the pc is tight, the xbx was very loosy and uncontrollable i thought, and that made the motion blur look like a messy bowl of soup, not anywhere near the lost planet version of motion blur on the xbx. looks fake on the xbx