PDA

View Full Version : Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor and intel plentium

James2424
06-07-07, 01:47 AM
what is the differnce between Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor and a intel plentium 4 with like 3Ghz

and can u tell me if at http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktops_best?c=nz&cs=nzdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn if the High Performance for Extreme Gaming computer is worth (note its nz dollars) well is the specs up to the best on the market?

MUYA
06-07-07, 02:01 AM
Pentium 4 is based on netburst architecture and was pants.

Core2duo is the bee knees giving the best performance per clock.

And stop starting threads in multiple sections of the forums.

James2424
06-07-07, 02:04 AM
sorry i wasnt sure which section it went into... so if im looking to get a gaming performance computer top of the market i should get one with a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor rather then a intel plentium 4 or what ever?

MUYA
06-07-07, 02:07 AM
I answered that in my post dude. Core2duo gives you best bang on the buck for performance per clock. It rocks anything else per clock in the market including AMD's offering..and old Intel Pentium 4s

James2424
06-07-07, 02:08 AM
what does clock mean i dont no much about the processors

supra
06-07-07, 02:10 AM
in short. the speed of the processor

James2424
06-07-07, 02:11 AM
and could u plz look at that site and tell me if the computer i mentioned is top of the market? thAnks

supra
06-07-07, 02:18 AM
and could u plz look at that site and tell me if the computer i mentioned is top of the market? thAnks

personally i wouldnt go with Dell. I found buying the parts individually is waaayyy cheaper.

But if i had to choose and money wasnt an issue i would get the XPS 710
the cpu that comes with that isnt the top of the range but is a very good one. the graphic card that comes with it is top of the range.

hope this helped.

MUYA
06-07-07, 02:27 AM
what does clock mean i dont no much about the processors
Actually per clock could mean a lot. Per clock as pertains to this discussion means per 1 mhz or one cycle. Core2duo process more instructions per that clock (cycle) than anything available for the commerical/desktop market in terms of CPUs.

If I am wrong, I am sure other people will correct me.

Toss3
06-07-07, 04:27 AM
Which one of those comps are you talking about? The XPS 710 is the only one even close to "top specs", but you could always optimize it. If you decide to go for the XPS anyway, then do switch out the 8800Ultra for an 8800 GTX; the performance difference isn't worth the extra $. :) (Instead you could do with an additional 2Gb of DDR2 mem, which would make 4GB in total.)

I'd still recommend building your own, instead of ordering a pre-built one from Dell. I'm pretty sure some comp. stores like NewEgg could put your stuff together for you, for a small fee of course, but it should still come out a lot cheaper than the Dell equivalent, and perform even better.

Just tell me(or anyone else) if you need any tips on what computer parts to get - I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who'd be willing to help ya out! ;)

seastar
06-07-07, 06:07 AM
I would get a mach V from falcon northwest http://www.falcon-nw.com

XDanger
06-08-07, 08:07 PM
What motherboard/chipset does that dell use?