PDA

View Full Version : Best looking Wii games?

Tygerwoody
06-07-07, 11:28 AM
So what are the best looking Wii games? I'm not expecting anything huge, but thus far I have only bought Rapala Fishing. The graphics in it are equivalent to something you might see on a Playstation 1(in my opinion).

So what are the best looking games on the Wii? I know Zelda is suppose to be good. What else?

Namrok
06-07-07, 11:29 AM
I thought Excite Truck looked pretty good. Damn fun too.

Oh! And Resident Evil 4 comes out on the Wii this month. It'll basically be the GC version, with the PS2 content, and 480p & 16:9 support. The controls are supposed to be spot on too. I never played RE4, so I'll probably be picking it up. Budget price too! $30.

zoomy942
06-07-07, 11:35 AM
paper mario, zelda, cod 3

nemecb
06-07-07, 04:09 PM
Bah, I want real widescreen for RE4. No way I'm buying it again though.:(

NaitoSan
06-08-07, 06:27 AM
although i don't have wii but i'm going to buy re4 wii edition. :)

methimpikehoses
01-05-08, 12:33 PM
OMG the aliasing in Excite Truck is killing me. :headexplode: The game itself is pretty fun by my god. :(

Mr. Hunt
01-05-08, 01:13 PM
Wii Sports... nothing beats 100 polygon characters.

Madpistol
01-05-08, 01:35 PM
lol... nice revive guys. :headexplode:

methimpikehoses
01-05-08, 01:49 PM
lol... nice revive guys. :headexplode:

Just trying not to start new threads about topics we've already covered. :bleh:

jeffmd
01-05-08, 05:44 PM
cod3 looked like ass.

I thought metroid was pretty slick looking.

Xion X2
01-05-08, 06:21 PM
Metroid looks good. So does Mario Galaxy--has several boards that rival top platformers on the market--especially the last boss level with Bowser. Zelda looks really good in places but overall doesn't look as good as Metroid/Mario, IMO. Most likely due to the fact it came out on the Cube. But the amazing art in it still makes it look great, and it has great lighting and water effects.

Rygar will be a good looking game when it hits shelves in the next few months.

christos
01-05-08, 06:35 PM
I think Metroid is by far the best looking Wii game. Super Mario Galaxy looks nice, but in terms of realism, Metroid beats it hands down in my opinion.

Xion X2
01-05-08, 06:45 PM
I think Metroid is by far the best looking Wii game. Super Mario Galaxy looks nice, but in terms of realism, Metroid beats it hands down in my opinion.
Mario's not supposed to look real, though; it's a platformer and has a completely different art style from Metroid. For what it is, it looks great. Very colorful and has some great graphical effects with the water, ice, fire and lava.

christos
01-05-08, 06:56 PM
Mario's not supposed to look real, though; it's a platformer and has a completely different art style from Metroid. For what it is, it looks great. Very colorful and has some great graphical effects with the water, ice, fire and lava.

I completely agree. For what it is, Mario looks just about as good as I could have ever hoped for. I love the game. I got it for xmas and am currently at 67 stars, slowly working my way to 120. I just brought mario up for comparison because otherrs mentioned it when talking about wii's graphics, but in my opinion, in terms of 'best looking' wii game, I'd have to give it to metroid.

Xion X2
01-05-08, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I agree with that as well. Metroid edges it out slightly, I think.

Having a blast w/ Mario.. I got it for Christmas as well, and I'm up to 74 stars now. The game just keeps getting better and better.. still amazing after 45-50 hours of play. I've played a ton of games during my life, but I would definitely rank it among the top 5.

Madpistol
01-06-08, 01:21 AM
Mario Galaxy is my pick for sure... I love metroid, but mario... it looks more like CG and less like "realism". I absolutely love it. :D

Xion X2
01-06-08, 02:38 PM
Some parts in Mario are downright gorgeous. I just finished the Melty Molten Galaxy (:D) and it had lava balls thrown through the air with smoke trails and lava pools bubbling up all around me as I took off through the middle of it all on launch stars.