PDA

View Full Version : Slowdown... In WoW?!

d00mskull
06-07-07, 09:03 PM
Yep.

Any ideas what could be wrong? 56FPS is bad.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8308/untitledun5.jpg

Buckeye
06-07-07, 09:47 PM
After the last few patches my FPS has gotten pretty bad. I would be sailing along at 50+ FPS then bam ! 8 FPS for a few seconds, lag city, then it will rise back up again and do it all over. Happens pretty much all over the place.

Many in my guild are complaining about it also, with totally different systems. Check the boards out and you will see lots complaining about it there.

While out hunting it has become very common to see mobs half in the ground bobbing up and down, or even floating just above the ground doing the same.

mynakedrat
06-07-07, 10:11 PM
i dont know too much, but sounds like bad instances, or high server pings, or too high a server load. the only time i ever played it was two years ago. 60 fps most of the time, then 2 fps for a minute, then back up. i was told to change servers to remedy it, but i was done with that (stupid) game by then. after one week.
just a thought. it is a horrbily popular game with new users every second eating up precious bandwidth with their modems :)

zeejay
06-08-07, 02:37 PM
Yep.

Any ideas what could be wrong? 56FPS is bad.

ROFL! 56 FPS is bad now? Just look at all the players in that shot, thats your problem, the game has always been a little slow when you get all those models on the screen. I don't think you need to worry about it there anyway it's the middle of town you don't need 60 fps. Theres absolutely no reason the game won't be perfectly playable untill it gets below say 25 or so.

Basically what im saying is that is perfectly normal, as a matter of fact that actually pretty good FPS for that scene. I doubt there is a computer out there that won't slow down to at least that FPS is certain parts, it's the nature of MMO's. My bro's c2d @ 3ghz + 8800gtx was getting ~40 fps in certain areas at BC release.

The engine doesn't play nice with SLI and dual core doesn't help it any either.

Tr1cK
06-08-07, 03:06 PM
The problem is that you are alliance. Horde always get over 100fps.

mynakedrat
06-08-07, 04:28 PM
^^ he's right! science is never wrong!

zeejay
06-08-07, 05:31 PM
The problem is that you are alliance. Horde always get over 100fps.

LoL he's right, disregard what i said this man is a genius.

In all seriousness though i laughed when i read 56fps is "Bad" maybe im just getting older now but i have the urge to say "kids these days are spoiled" :D

Chu-Dog
06-08-07, 06:19 PM
I think what he means is 56fps is bad for an 8800gtx. Im running two 8800ultras and i still get 40-60fps in certain areas, especially shattrath city. but when im out in nagrand or even just ironforge i get 120fps plus. could also chalk this up to internet lag.

Buckeye
06-11-07, 05:16 PM
Chu-Dog have you run into the screen flicker problem with 8800's in SLI ?

I have tried all the usual stuff that I have seen posted, fixed -aspect ratio for scaling etc. Nothing seems to hold up for long before it starts flickering again. Right now I am just running one card and getting 60+ FPS just about every were so no real biggie I guess. Just woundering if you were able to solve this probelm, and how you did it.

Thanks

Currently using the 158.42 drivers.

GTVAPSAMTIK
06-12-07, 01:12 AM
Chu-Dog have you run into the screen flicker problem with 8800's in SLI ?

I have tried all the usual stuff that I have seen posted, fixed -aspect ratio for scaling etc. Nothing seems to hold up for long before it starts flickering again. Right now I am just running one card and getting 60+ FPS just about every were so no real biggie I guess. Just woundering if you were able to solve this probelm, and how you did it.

Thanks

Currently using the 158.42 drivers.

I have exactly same issue with 2x EVGA GEFORCE 8800 GTX in SLI. When SLI is enabled, I get poor fps but as soon as i Disable SLI and use single card, BOOM my FPS are 60+ in most games.

Buckeye
06-12-07, 09:55 AM
Yeah everywhere I have looked everyone is havening that problem, with no fix's that I can find. I run great with 1 card... but 120 fps with 2 ???

I would like to see a screen of that... not sure if I believe that.