PDA

View Full Version : Tilted Mill to develop and _______ New SimCity Game

nekrosoft13
06-07-07, 10:11 PM
Not much doubt ever existed that there would be a next SimCity game. The only question was when, and now we have our answer. SimCity Societies holds its coming out party in the July issue of Games for Windows magazine that's just hitting subscribers' mailboxes now. But what's the deal with the "Societies" bit? Is this or is it not the fifth installment of the series?
The answer is a confounding "yes." It definitely continues the SimCity line, but this absolutely is not the same old SimCity...for better or worse. For one thing, EA turned its eye outside of its own campus and tabbed Tilted Mill Entertainment for the development duties. While that name may not immediately ring any bells, this studio packs plenty of folks experienced with city builders, and comes fresh off of creating Caesar IV. That game fared only passing well in our review, but the focus on managing your citizenry almost surely gives a glimpse into where the designers intend to go with the "societies" angle.

It's a bold move on EA's part. By stepping outside the established mold this new game holds the potential to attract a whole new generation of gamers in addition to the existing legions of fans for the franchise. Whether this new vision can pull that off will be the big question. We'll get a first idea of that from the GFW crew later this week. And, the way it sounds, the game should arrive this coming winter to deliver the final word.

We'll keep you posted as more info becomes available. Until then, we snuck a screen from the GFW folders for you.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160086

well fill in the blank yourself.

Titled Mill last gmae was Cesar IV, which was a huge disapoitment across the board.

So far i'm not happy about the choice of the developer.

nekrosoft13
06-07-07, 10:13 PM
and it seems I'm not the only one that doesn't like the developer

Titled Mill president is on the offense.

All,
Given the somewhat heated nature of this thread, and the hazards of misinformation, I thought it would be a good idea for me to drop in and say a few things. First let me say, as always, thank you so much for the attention and diligence so many of you show toward TMill and our projects.

When the new SC comes out we'll obviously leave it to you to decide whether you love it, hate it... or fall somewhere in between, or whether you even choose to play it at all. I hope you do try it, and I really hope that you do not pass judgment based on the title or some preliminary speculation on some web site.

However, I do not want to mislead anyone: This SC is not a realistic urban simulation, which I understand, to many, represents the heart of what SC is. No one is blind to that. And if you're just completely turned off, even angered by the mere notion of any game called "SimCity" that is not a detailed, realistic urban simulator, I absolutely understand that viewpoint, and absolutely respect it. Passionate fans like you are the lifeblood of the gaming industry, and that is one reason why TMill provides what I think is a great outlet for this type of discussion and even complaint. But please keep in mind the irony in that - we are just a lowly developer after all.

I do want to say, though (with no insult intended to die hard SC fans) that we are absolutely thrilled to be a part of this venerable series, are extremely proud of what we have put together, and make no apologies about what we have managed to create. And while our past experiences (including contributions from many of you) certainly inform all our ongoing efforts, this SC is its own unique creation.

Lastly, for CotN and Caesar fans, rest assured that we have NOT abandoned either the CotN series nor the Caesar series.

-Chris

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showpost.php?p=157643&postcount=22

DRen72
06-08-07, 10:33 AM
I've always bought and played the SimCity titles since the first one. Granted, I play a few months and then get bored, but they are cool games. This news is a little sketchy on what they are going to do with the gameplay. I still hope it offers the sandbox modes the others had.

stncttr908
06-08-07, 12:11 PM
What the ****.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160151

So basically what they've decided to do is copy City Life. Way to go, EA.

They point out Caesar IV as a title this studio has developed. I wouldn't be proud of that. Caesar IV sucks, hard.

nekrosoft13
06-10-07, 01:45 PM
What the ****.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160151

So basically what they've decided to do is copy City Life. Way to go, EA.

They point out Caesar IV as a title this studio has developed. I wouldn't be proud of that. Caesar IV sucks, hard.

yes, this could be the end of SimCity, because this game will totally fail.

Bman212121
06-10-07, 01:48 PM
Ooops, I was going to call this a dupe cause you posted half an hour later in the day, but you were a few days earlier, carry on.

JasonPC
06-10-07, 01:51 PM
Is there any real difference between this and City Life? City Life really sucked.

nekrosoft13
06-11-07, 06:56 AM
no, this will be like City Life 2