PDA

View Full Version : TV-out: Any solutions to the black and white issue?

perbilet
06-09-07, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I have browesed througth many sites trying to find anything about the topic that could help me get back the color on my tv-out. I have recently purchased a new computer, with vista, and after i switched i have not got the tv-out to work propebly, it shows just black and white. I remember i had the same problem with my old computer, but since the nVidia controlpanel was better i got the colors back. So i think the problem is the signal type. Maybe the old computer manage to send out an other type of signal along my S-video cable, or something.
I'm using a S-video cable from my computer into a scart on my tv. I know the scart is working as it did on my last computer.

My system:
Windows Vista 32 bit
Amd athlon x2 4600+ 2,41Ghz
2gb ram
geforce 8500 GT
Drivers version: 160,03
(I have practicly tried every driver to get this to work)

Any suggestions?

einstein_314
06-09-07, 05:53 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...but I think the vista drivers have problems with TV-Out at the moment. I know for a fact that component video out results in black and white. There's no work around for it yet...as for svideo...I've never tried it, but it may be related to the same problem.

My HTPC is now running Vista but I'm using HDMI to connect to my HDTV...so I don't have this problem. I couldn't go to Vista until I got my new LCD because my old tv only had component in...which didn't work with vista.

WeReWoLf
06-09-07, 10:07 PM
I use Component with my HDTV, and the only problem i have is the displayed screen size is too big for the TV. It crops the edges off all sides, no matter what resolution.

chiklit
06-10-07, 08:13 AM
Both component output and s-video output work fine for me. Especially with the overscan correction in 160.03. But they still work in all the previous driver's I've tried them with. Though the first time I tried s-video all I got was a blank screen and thought it might've been part of Vista's DRM. Turned out it was a bad s-video cable.

perbilet
06-10-07, 08:14 AM
I have tried with a different s-video cable aswell, but get the same problem. It is probebly the Tv that does not support the s-video feed. So i hope the next driver will have a function for converting singnal types

simonporter007
06-12-07, 09:48 AM
I used to have this problem way back when I was trying to plug my old laptop into my TV. It could well be a vista issue, that, i know nothing about.

I had the exact same problem before and finally found out that it was my scart adapter. Not all scart adapters were wired up properly for my TV (PAL-UK) and i had to take it apart and attach a wire from one of the connectors to somewhere else. I'm sorry im being so vague but i can't remember now! Anyway, have a look for a scart wiring diagram, i remember it being pretty easy, just needed a bit of wire to go from one connector to another one.

Then again, this might just be a vista issue and i'm way off base :p

Simon.

perbilet
06-12-07, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I saw a site on that. Connecting a wire from pin 15 to 21. This is what i needed, since this will do the same as converting the signal from s-video to composite.

My tv has a composite output aswell. So i have bougth a converter cable. Now everything is fine. Thanks everyone for the response. :)