PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 - Help Please

Riptide
06-10-07, 02:24 PM
Sonofabitch! :rant:

I played the game for 2 hours this morning (PC version) and got to the cutscene where Tartarus gets a hold of the index.

At which point the game asks for the disc. Why I have no idea. I had played for hours without it in the drive before that and the game starts OK w/o it. :wtf:

So I put the disc in and click continue only to be dumped back to the main ****ing menu. And if I reload my last checkpoint it sets me back where I started this morning. Grrr....

I don't want to have to play through what I *just* got past all over again because of this stupid BS. Does anyone have a saved game they can send me or help me out here? I can't find any cheats for the PC version and I did a google search.

Thanks

EDIT: This POS game is totally broken. I replayed it up to the point it freaked out at this morning, this time w/the disc in the drive, and it STILL asks for the discs and then resets me further back in the game vs. continuing on. I am stuck and cannot get past the point it freaks out. And it looks like I'm not the only one.

http://halo2pc.org/forum/topic/680

XP_GUN
06-10-07, 11:51 PM
Iíve had the same issue, but all I did was start a new game can continue the story since it had saved it to the next chapter.

nutcrackr
06-11-07, 03:49 AM
quality product to launch the GFW for Vista brand.

and to think we castrated gearbox for halo 1

nekrosoft13
06-11-07, 06:14 AM
i can't believe people actually buy this POS game.

muaddib
06-11-07, 06:57 AM
I just bought the Halo 2 XBOX yesterday and it runs and looks great on the 360. Multiplayer is blast. The overall experience is so much better than the PC version which my friend owns.

I hate ports. Especially bad ones of a three years old game.

Riptide
06-11-07, 07:29 AM
I’ve had the same issue, but all I did was start a new game can continue the story since it had saved it to the next chapter.
So if I do that it won't start at the very beginning and will instead pick up where I left off? That doesn't make any sense.

i can't believe people actually buy this POS game.
I'm beginning to regret it. Should be a $20 game after this trouble.

wysiwyg
06-11-07, 08:45 AM
would a nocd crack fix the issue

nekrosoft13
06-11-07, 08:55 AM
would a nocd crack fix the issue

no, Halo2 has an installation method like NFS HP2, it installs as you go.

XP_GUN
06-12-07, 01:32 AM
Sorry going on a few hours of sleep, basically when it crashed on me I was able to continue where it crashed by clicking on "campaign" and then "select level" that it saved to the next "Chapter" before it crashed trying to open that level from the campaign mode.

So if I do that it won't start at the very beginning and will instead pick up where I left off? That doesn't make any sense.

SwedX
06-12-07, 05:30 AM
****ty game wont even start install even tho I got the new proper version.

Of course I d/l it just to test it out, M$ doesent deserve one penny for an old POS game like this.

Way to go MS a nice push for the Windows gaming iniative, it looks like they will bury Pc Gaming the b.a.stards

Update!
Finaly a working release, can be fun to se how this POS is.

http://www.rlslog.net/halo-2-repack-razor1911/

Riptide
06-12-07, 09:48 AM
Sorry going on a few hours of sleep, basically when it crashed on me I was able to continue where it crashed by clicking on "campaign" and then "select level" that it saved to the next "Chapter" before it crashed trying to open that level from the campaign mode.
Thanks that seemed to fix the problem. :)

Lfctony
06-12-07, 10:11 AM
****ty game wont even start install even tho I got the new proper version.

Of course I d/l it just to test it out, M$ doesent deserve one penny for an old POS game like this.

Way to go MS a nice push for the Windows gaming iniative, it looks like they will bury Pc Gaming the b.a.stards

Update!
Finaly a working release, can be fun to se how this POS is.

http://www.rlslog.net/halo-2-repack-razor1911/

Sure, everybody downloads stuff to test them out. Guess what, you could have tested it out already without a working release, since the non-activated version lets you play for a good 30 minutes...

SwedX
06-12-07, 11:50 AM
crap like this doesent deserve ONE penny matey.