PDA

View Full Version : SLI isnt working for me

GTVAPSAMTIK
06-12-07, 12:14 AM
Whenever SLI is enabled across 2x EVGA GEFORCE 8800 GTX , I get really poor fps in most games ( just in world of warcraft I get 40 -/+ fps ) Which is almost the same for most other new games.

But as soon as I disable SLI and use single GTX, BAAAAAAAAAAM my FPS are super HIGH again at any resolution. I have the latest driver from nvidia.com . I play games like COH / Raven shield : Rainbow Six / WoW / EVE Online @ 1600x1200 4x AA .

Ive been struggle with this issue since last two drivers released by nvidia. Ive ran out of options here.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6800
2x EVGA Geforce 8800 GTX
ECS nFORCE 570 SLIT 16x
OCZ 4GB PC-8800 RAMS
2x 400 GB SATA-II HHD
ThermaleTake Armor LCS case
Windows Vista Ultimate

buffbiff21
06-12-07, 01:37 AM
Likely a driver issue..

Use DriverCleaner.

http://www.overclock.net/attachments/downloads/36925-driver-cleaner-pro-1-5-dcprosetup_15.zip?

Follow instructions, then reinstall. Make sure you have "Enable SLI" cilcked under the control panel after you reinstall.

john19055
06-14-07, 04:34 PM
Out of most games you should see a big increase in FPS unless it is CPU dependent and you should be that .some games don't work great with SLI on.I would just do a good uninstall and uninstall the left overs when you get finished with uninstalling the driver from the control pannel.Like the folder that has the driver left in it,plus I make sure that it is cleaned out of my regedit.