PDA

View Full Version : New CoD4 Screens

SH64
06-13-07, 09:31 AM
The graphics might not be top notch (some lowQ textures , low poly count ..) , but still its good to see a well-known franchaise to get into the Iraqi-war style modern warfare.
anybody else is as excited about CoD4 as i am ??
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=43593&mode=thread&order=0

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1/callofduty405gi0.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/967/callofduty410rr9.jpg

Dragunov
06-13-07, 09:59 AM
Looks very nice

Just finished COD2 yesterday, also a very sweet game, nice effects, textures, maxed out here

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 10:04 AM
some of those textures are really low res.

zoomy942
06-13-07, 10:17 AM
pass. not interested in modern warfare.

why didnt they do a WWI game? that would be the bee's knees

Destroy
06-13-07, 10:19 AM
some of those textures are really low res.

In the future, every thing is low res.. :thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 10:25 AM
pass. not interested in modern warfare.

why didnt they do a WWI game? that would be the bee's knees

yeah, WWI, Vietnam, Gulf War or Revolutionary War would be more interesting

zoomy942
06-13-07, 10:41 AM
yeah, WWI, Vietnam, Gulf War or Revolutionary War would be more interesting

agreed. i dont have any interest in m-16's.

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 10:45 AM
there is some new game in production that contains the Revolutionary War and few other times in history.

flukester
06-13-07, 10:58 AM
The gfx are decent however I agree, the low res textures are a real turn off. Don't care too much for COD4 especially for the fact it's Iraqi war style...I'd have preferred just WWII again..

jAkUp
06-13-07, 11:12 AM
Well you can't please everyone.

Do WW2, people hate it, do modern people hate it.

Overall it looks ok, but not great.

Mr_LoL
06-13-07, 11:54 AM
I just hope these are early shots. I am going to bet though that the game will run like crap even though it doesn't look that good.

flukester
06-13-07, 12:00 PM
I just hope these are early shots. I am going to bet though that the game will run like crap even though it doesn't look that good.

Don't forget the cheats too. COD2 still and always had an aimbot and wallhack. Whats funny is when you are on a server with spectator mode enabled and you sit there watching them do it.. Duh!

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 12:44 PM
Yeah thanks to the wonderful consoles... :(

so true

NaitoSan
06-13-07, 04:19 PM
poorly picked screenshots... it's like they're taken from trailer. i'm gonna wait until "real" screenshots. i'm really excited for this one. low res textures? i don't care... i care about how fun it might be. i'm sure all other effects like animations, smoking, etc. will be more impressive and make up for low res textures beside this game is still in early stage. we probably will be given "ultra" mode in graphic option.

SH64
06-13-07, 05:42 PM
Yeah probably these are console shots & in early stages , the PC could handle very high res textures in CoD2 (required 512MB cards) so i dont see why it wont be the same for CoD4.

Dragunov
06-13-07, 05:46 PM
yes the Ultra settings in CoD2

In the preview of CoD4, they said some textures are low-res

m3dude
06-13-07, 05:47 PM
its a multiplatform game, dont expect much in the way of graphics

Amuro
06-13-07, 09:04 PM
Please tell me there're drivable vehicles in this game, if not I'm not buying. I really hope there will be a PC version of Battlefield Bad Company.

Edit
Just found this in the ign preview article:
There is, however, a tradeoff for all of this. In order to make what it felt was a balanced and fun multiplayer experience, Infinity Ward decided to do away with vehicles in the multiplayer.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/796/796076p3.html

Looks like I'll be skipping this game.

Mr_LoL
06-14-07, 01:05 AM
Not having vehicles doesn't really bother me. Didn't bother me in the previous 2 game so I can't see anything here being different. What bothers me though is that this game will pander to consoles and the pc version will suffer as a result. *sigh*

rudedog
06-14-07, 06:53 AM
I'm heading out to LA, on June 27th for a site visit with IW to cover this game (community summit).

Hopefully I will have more in dept info upon my return.

some other MP info to ponder over:
Eurogamer has just posted an article which has the following information directly from Grant Collier himself.

"We're really focusing on getting novice players into Call of Duty - a lot of people think that it's just for the hardcore," says Collier. "There's a lot of new people that want to get in but they're overwhelmed with all the options and we're trying to take care of that." The main method of welcoming new players is keeping things simple, until lessons are learned. "When someone starts off, they'll have just a few guns and, as they get kills, they'll unlock the rest of the weapons," Collier explains, before admitting that there's plenty for the trigger-happy veterans, gasping to get to grips with the new world of Call of Duty.

And on PC vs Xbox360 MP

When asked whether Call of Duty 4 will bring together the warring factions of bespectacled PC clans and trash-talking Xbox Live users, Collier says no. "We've explored the option of Xbox Live players playing with PC players and we're not really interested in doing it," he says. "We really like the fact that on Xbox 360, you've got a stable platform, so you don't have to have a Quad Core PC with 5GB of RAM to compete." Questioned about the differences between platforms in terms of online play, Collier says the PC will have more online options. "There will be small differences between each of the platforms - on PC you can have dedicated servers that are on a fast pipe where you'll get more players. With player counts, there's 32 on PC and between 12 and 16 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

delas52
06-14-07, 11:09 AM
One reason graphics are not the cream of the crop is because they have cut anything out that would put the frame rate under 60 (for 360/ps3). Read this in the GI preview. I would much rather have absolutely solid 60 frames and a little less eye candy.

Quick420
06-14-07, 03:29 PM
Put this series to rest already.COD#3 was console bs.I dont understand the thinking behind taking a series away from pc players(cod3),which originated on the pc.COD3 should have been made on pc's then ported out.If COD4 makes it to pc I can think of a few m8's that'll be passing on it.Perhaps they should have called it COD360?

delas52
06-14-07, 09:33 PM
Put this series to rest already.COD#3 was console bs.I dont understand the thinking behind taking a series away from pc players(cod3),which originated on the pc.COD3 should have been made on pc's then ported out.If COD4 makes it to pc I can think of a few m8's that'll be passing on it.Perhaps they should have called it COD360?

If you knew the series you'd know the 3rd one wasn't on PC because Infinity Ward didn't make it. They did a great job on #1 and #2 and I see no reason why #4 (which Infinity Ward is developing) shouldn't be a great game too.