PDA

View Full Version : "Big update" planned for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 03:43 PM
GSC is currently working on what it calls a "big update" for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the developer has informed CVG.

In an interview which we'll be publishing shortly, Anton Bolshakov, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. project lead, explained, "We're preparing a big update with a new game mode - Freeplay, with no story tasks, including only the A-life driven ones, where the goal is to gain ranks, climb up in rankings, so as to become the best S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the Zone."

When we're to expect to update wasn't revealed, but speaking about the future of the game Bolshakov did mention too that, now the multiplayer SDK for the game has been released, the developer's working on getting the single-player SDK out the door. So take note, mod creators.

Advertisement:
GSC of course recently let slip that it's to make some S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-related announcements at this year's E3. But it's keeping lips firmly sealed on what's to be unveiled.

Bolshakov would only say that "We will be happy to share all the interesting details during the E3 in July."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165811

SH64
06-13-07, 04:02 PM
Hmm teh freeplay mode could be fun for sometime.

3DBrad
06-13-07, 04:26 PM
Hmmm. . . .Estimated release date, Q4 2010? (nana2)

stncttr908
06-13-07, 05:26 PM
Hopefully this includes multi-core optimizations.

SH64
06-13-07, 05:45 PM
Hopefully this includes multi-core optimizations.
& DX10 support ..

m3dude
06-13-07, 05:46 PM
yeah so we can play at 1/3rd the speed for marginally better graphics

Dragunov
06-13-07, 05:48 PM
When it has those both things (DX10 and multi-core optimazations) I gonna buy the game

Although the DX9 graphics are very good aswell (played MP-beta with setting-storm)

grey_1
06-13-07, 06:57 PM
Freeplay sounds good to me, looking forward to this!

nutcrackr
06-13-07, 07:17 PM
although freeplay sounds good how interesting could it be. I'd imagine they have just taken the sp maps and made them mp but with no objectives would it not get boring. I could imagine maybe this is a taste of a stalker mmo to come.

methimpikehoses
06-13-07, 07:31 PM
I would reinstall to try freeplay, if they gave me a vehicle to use.

CaptNKILL
06-13-07, 07:56 PM
although freeplay sounds good how interesting could it be. I'd imagine they have just taken the sp maps and made them mp but with no objectives would it not get boring. I could imagine maybe this is a taste of a stalker mmo to come.
I don't think they meant that it'd be a multiplayer game mode. It sounds like its just a way to keep playing the game without any main quest to worry about.

nutcrackr
06-13-07, 08:57 PM
oh yeah you're probably right, gamespot said it was a multiplayer mode in there article but they could be wrong.

mynakedrat
06-13-07, 09:02 PM
i am sure multiplayer will go off without a hitch , no bugs or nothing.

|MaguS|
06-13-07, 11:08 PM
coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop

FastRedPonyCar
06-13-07, 11:16 PM
HDR + AA?

ynnek
06-14-07, 10:26 AM
coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop coop

Yes, that would be awesome.

breathemetal
06-14-07, 10:49 AM
This patch will make the game. Freeplay is much needed. It will give life to the game that it needed. :D

Quick420
06-14-07, 03:32 PM
yeah so we can play at 1/3rd the speed for marginally better graphics

Who **** in your corn flakes?

Sounds like they are supporting the game very well to me:captnkill:

Crow_Nest
06-15-07, 04:39 AM
Sounds good, will be looking forward to it. Ive always wanted to roam about and do my own crap without having to deal with traders for once... :D