PDA

View Full Version : 360 gets extra cooling

nekrosoft13
06-13-07, 05:29 PM
Just yesterday we reported on how French Xbox 360's were being repaired by Microsoft with extra cooling. And today, Czech reader Ikari mailed us in pictures of his newly repaired Xbox 360 from Microsoft complete with some hardcore turning and of course extra cooling power!

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=17870

NaitoSan
06-13-07, 05:32 PM
hey that's pretty cool. okay i'm gonna break my x360 then send to MS to repair so they do some hardcore turning and extra cooling power on it. :D

Lyme
06-14-07, 12:33 PM
So looking at the console (the front towards you, etc). The heatsink on the right is the cpu heatpipe. The heatsink on the bottom left is the gpu. The heatsink on the top left is the ?scaling chip?. I guess MS finally discovered that it has been a major source of heat, I'm not surprised.

Amuro
06-15-07, 01:05 AM
What's hardcore turning? They put wheels on it or something?

crainger
06-15-07, 01:45 AM
They remapped the ECU. Maybe a high flow filter aswell?

brady
06-16-07, 11:44 AM
I wish they would hardcore turn the dvd drive too. My second 360 just stopped reading discs today. I'm 2 months past the 1 year warrenty which was extended on this current system which is a refurb from when my original box red lighted last year. Ho hum. I'm so tired of the 360. Into the trash it goes.

Stoneyguy
06-16-07, 04:43 PM
Trash!?! You could send me your games and accessories. :)

Arioch
06-16-07, 04:47 PM
With a bigger intercooler and modded computer chip that thing may be able to drop into the 11's!

Knot3D
06-17-07, 01:13 AM
probably a temporary production batch until 65nm Xenon arrives.

Lfctony
06-17-07, 05:17 AM
My 360 is dying as well. It's out of warranty, and I don't want to send it back and pay for a solution that might crap out after a month or two. So I'll buy a new one. But how will we be able to tell? I don't think there will be something on the box that separates the two types...

BioHazZarD
06-17-07, 06:03 AM
Damn right, they should take a look on the PS3s cooling system thats how a next gen console should be, effective but damn quiet compared to 360 crap cooling.

kev13dd
06-17-07, 06:16 AM
My 360 is dying as well. It's out of warranty, and I don't want to send it back and pay for a solution that might crap out after a month or two. So I'll buy a new one. But how will we be able to tell? I don't think there will be something on the box that separates the two types...
If we repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

I was very excited when I heard this. My X360 is a launch console out of warrenty, and it's nice to know that even if I have to pay 150 to get it repaired eventually, at least it will be under warrenty for another year after that

So don't worry about if your repaired one craps out- it will have a warrenty

K

Lfctony
06-17-07, 06:48 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

I was very excited when I heard this. My X360 is a launch console out of warrenty, and it's nice to know that even if I have to pay 150 to get it repaired eventually, at least it will be under warrenty for another year after that

So don't worry about if your repaired one craps out- it will have a warrenty

K

Just gave them a call, they won't support Cyprus. I have to take it back to the retailer. :headexplode: Which I don't trust at all. I'll just wait until it's completely dead before I take it there.