PDA

View Full Version : Chernobyl Legacy

NaitoSan
06-13-07, 05:18 PM
When S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was announced and it'll be at Chernobyl area. It has got me interested in its history and recently, my brother send me this URL, an essay on Chernobyl. It's rather despressing and disturbing. I didn't realize how bad this disaster could cause.

Photographs are powerful and emotional. I recommand you to check this out if you're interested in the history of Chernobyl.

On April 26th, 1986, Chernobyl's Reactor No. 4 unleashed a throughly modern plague that emptied cities, condemned entire regions, and seeped invisibly into the bodies of those exposed to its destructive presence.

Photographer Paul Fusco faces the dark legacy of Chernobyl, focusing on the horrifying human consequences of the event that is now 20 years in the past. Fucsco's work forces us to remember an important nightmare that we would forget at the peril of our morality and our future.
http://inmotion.magnumphotos.com/essays/chernobyl.aspx

NOTE: If this is in wrong forum, feel free to move it to proper one. Thanks!

8800gtsfan
06-13-07, 07:07 PM
Yeah, its sad really. I went digging before Stalker came out, never really understood the impact till you visit a few sites and see stuff like this.