PDA

View Full Version : Application profiles in control panel

jpro
06-14-07, 05:27 AM
ok, this is starting to get a bit annyoing. I dont understand the whole system for the application profiles managing in the (classic) control panel. There are 2 different things to choose from: "Application" and "Active profile". So lets assume i want to make a profile for older games, that has vsync on and all the details on max, while making another profile for new games that has antialiasing off etc. I click the add profile button and it gives me a list of applications, i browse and select the applications i want to use for the new profile i am creating. When i click OK the whole profile suddenly appear on the "application" list, not on "active profile" list?

And what do the "using global driver settings" and "global driver settings" have to do with each other? I simply dont understand the whole thing, and cant make profiles like i described above. Is it meant to be possible to do profiles like that (1 profile for many selected applications), or simply make different profiles for a single application?

On final note its rather annoying you have to remake all the profiles after installing new drivers, is there a way to save the profiles?

rewt
06-14-07, 05:05 PM
Just use nhancer (http://www.nhancer.com) and save yourself some headaches.

Nefilim
06-14-07, 05:23 PM
On final note its rather annoying you have to remake all the profiles after installing new drivers, is there a way to save the profiles?
I've never had to remake my profiles - but then, I go against all advice and just install new drivers over old, rather than uninstalling them first. This may well be why I don't have to redo profiles.

Greg
06-17-07, 04:23 AM
I've never had to remake my profiles - but then, I go against all advice and just install new drivers over old, rather than uninstalling them first. This may well be why I don't have to redo profiles.
I rarely make profiles, but I too have noticed that for a while, the profiles have stuck after a driver update. I also have never uninstalled a video driver.