PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Texture Alignment Control

ehathgepiurhe
06-14-07, 05:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an older game that according to the GeForce FAQ, I need to:
"Setting the texture alignment in the NVIDIA control panel to 0 may help the problem"
I currently have a 6600GT using the 93.71 nVidia drivers. The problem is, I cannot locate this setting in the nVidia control panel (using classic version). With a nVidia card I used to have some years ago, I do remember this setting in the control panel, and it did fix the problem I was having. I was wondering if someone could point me to where the setting is in the current drivers? I'm just hoping the nVidia hasn't removed it totally...

Thanks,

CM

SLippe
06-14-07, 07:13 PM
I don't ever recall that setting. They may have removed it in the newer drivers. Some older games simply won't run on newer cards. However, maybe someone else can help you.

t3hl33td4rg0n
06-15-07, 02:21 AM
I remember a setting from when I had a Ti4200... Texel alignment? Is that what you are referring to?

MUYA
06-15-07, 02:26 AM
I remember a setting from when I had a Ti4200... Texel alignment? Is that what you are referring to?
Yes he is but, I do not recall the NV40 series ever having that in the control panel. maybe LOD bias set to clamp should do the trick?

rewt
06-15-07, 03:25 AM
Rivatuner

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5783/texelia2.png

It's greyed out on my setup. However, I don't really know off hand if it's a driver or hardware limitation.

MUYA
06-15-07, 03:47 AM
Ah ha!!!!

ehathgepiurhe
06-16-07, 01:22 AM
Hi guys,

The game (Populous The Beginning - aka Populous 3) works ok, it's just some texture corruption that I was trying to get rid of. I had actually tried a number of other enhancers (DirectX Tweaker, NVTray, nHancer and NVTweak), RivaTuner was the only one I hadn't tried. Now, that option is greyed out on my PC too - as rewt said it could be a hardware limitation, but if anyone knows how to get that option enabled, please let me know.

CM

Edit: Damn, the context help for that field says: "Due to the driver's limitation, the texel alignment cannot be adjusted on GeForce3 and higher". That's a big downer - Populous 3 isn't that old a game, and it would seem that I need to find an older PC with a pre-GeForce3 graphics card in it to play it. Or see how an ATI card works maybe.