PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking utilities

rwilk
06-15-07, 09:41 AM
Just obtained a new system with a 8800GT 340 MB.Driver version 158.22. I have always used Cool Bits but I understand it does not work this driver.I am looking for suggestions for a tool to unlock temps,clock speeds and refresh rates.

I have serched forums and find many different suggestions.Nhancer requires net 2.0 and have read some negative feedback about this.Some negative comments about Ntune also.

I don't know that much about computers and don't want to fool with the registry.Any help would be appreciated.

MUYA
06-15-07, 09:50 AM
You cannot unlock 8800 GTS. As to monitor temperature, nTune does a god job but, the grandaddy of them all is rivatuner

newfiejudd
06-15-07, 10:04 AM
I have been using Ntune for setting clocks, using ATITool 2.7b for finding my max core and max Memory speeds. And using ExperTool 5.0 for controlling my fan speeds.

But yes RivaTuner is the King of Nvidia tweaks for now. But I do miss alot of the features of Coolbits. OSD Frame rates and temperatures. Those still don't work in Vista no matter what graphics card you are using.

http://www.gainward.com/en/support/support_uk.html

Madpistol
06-15-07, 10:07 AM
Yea. rivatuner is my favorite, but I use ntune to monitor my system temps. It's very good at packaging all the temps up into one neat little package.

and nothing is unlockable on the 8800 GTS. Nvidia finally got smart and made the 8800 GTS physically different from the 8800 GTX, so everything is hardware locked. sorry. :(