PDA

View Full Version : Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 Launch Date, Valve Confirms!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaXThReAT
06-15-07, 01:24 PM
So all announced platforms on October 9, 2007. So scratch out Dec. I just want to play Portal and TF2.

The upcoming trio of Source-powered games will ship for all announced platforms on October 9, 2007. The suite, sold at retail and through Valve's Steam download service, will consist of the shooter sequel Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the team-based multiplayer game Team Fortress 2, and the action/puzzle game Portal. Valve is handling development of the games on PC and Xbox 360, with EA UK's Chertsey, Surrey office bringing the titles to PlayStation 3.
Electronic Arts is distributing the games at retail as a package entitled Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, which also includes the original Half-Life 2 and last year's Half-Life 2: Episode One. It will sell for $49.99 on PC and $59.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Previously, the company intended to sell a slimmer package, The Black Box, which would not include Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One, but those plans were cancelled last month. It is expected that Steam customers will retain the option to purchase only the newly-released games.

nekrosoft13
06-15-07, 01:26 PM
it better be on steam

The Black Box, which would not include Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One, but those plans were cancelled last month. It is expected that Steam customers will retain the option to purchase only the newly-released games.

i'm not buying an orange box

|MaguS|
06-15-07, 01:30 PM
I don't care which version I have to buy... I just hope they stick to the release date...

SeriTonin
06-15-07, 01:30 PM
I'll wait for them to actually hold true to a release date and get something on the shelf before I worry about what color I buy. :thumbdwn:

stncttr908
06-15-07, 01:32 PM
Why wouldn't they be available of Steam? I predict it'll be $49.99 on Steam too, but that's fine with me given the hundreds of hours of gameplay I'll get out of TF2.

six_storm
06-15-07, 01:33 PM
Wow, there are a lot of big blockbusting games coming out in Sept/Oct timeframe. Hopefully, my bday and small amt of money will cover it lol. I'd like to get JUST Portal and maybe TF2, dunno about HL2:Ep 2.

breathemetal
06-15-07, 01:36 PM
I just want Portal
I didnt like HL
CS is the crappiest game ever made, and HL just reminds me of it for some reason. I dont like Steam, HL, or CS...its gay.

But Portal looks like a good move that they have made.
Ill definitely get ((lee63)) that

SlamDunk
06-15-07, 01:45 PM
Valve games > Valve dates

I'll believe it when I see it :)

MowTin
06-15-07, 01:47 PM
I'm not looking forward to Episode Two. I'm having a hard time getting myself to finish Episode One. I'm tired of Gordon Freeman. Blasphemy? I doubt I'm the only one. Enough is enough already.

Team Fortress is also old. It started as a Quake I mod, that's how old it is. It was once great because it was one of the first objective based multi player games with classes. But that's old now. Today the Battlefield series took that concept many steps further by adding large battlefields, all kinds of vehicles, VoIP, and squads/squad leaders/commanders. Does TF2 have any of that? I'm sure I'll play it for a few days then get bored and return to playing Quake Wars.

Valve is a great company but they can't keep living off the past.

Burner_Tbird2
06-15-07, 02:05 PM
How can you have a hard time finishing Ep1? Its like 45 minutes- with credits! Seriously, Tuesday night I played it thru start to finish on hard mode with commentary cause I was bored, and it was over b/f I knew it. I highly recommend taking it to completion just for the visual payoff of watching the Citidel go up in a Dark Energy Flare.

Oct. can't come fast enough, Portal was the first game in MANY years that actually got me hyped over gameplay and not immersion (grfx+sound). Though with the monotone voice over and comical instructional diagrams it looks like immersion in Portal should also be stellar.

nekrosoft13
06-15-07, 02:10 PM
But Portal looks like a good move that they have made.
Ill definitely get ((lee63)) that

are you really that desperate for attention?

you don't have to announce on every page that you are a ****ing pirate.

Burner_Tbird2
06-15-07, 02:12 PM

I think he just loves using Lee's smiley(lee63)

|JuiceZ|
06-15-07, 02:42 PM
I'll believe it when it goes GOLD but its good to hear they've at least put a release date out there. Whether they make it is another story.

breathemetal
06-15-07, 02:56 PM

i believe you need to calm down a bit
whats your problem?
did i do anything to offend you? no i didnt
and i dont intend to

but just to make you feel better...

(lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63)
IM A PIRATE FTW!
(lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63)

;)

flukester
06-15-07, 02:57 PM
October!!??!??! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Portal = Maybe 10 hours of play

TF2 = no where near the original and the cartoony characters don't turn me on whatsoever.

Episode 2 = I can't even remember what happened in EP1, much less have the interest for 2 and considering I finished the first one in mere hours, no thanks. EP1 I classify as my worst ever purchase from Valve.

breathemetal
06-15-07, 02:58 PM
I finished the first one in mere hours

Exactly why i wont get EP 2
EP 1 was way to easy, and short
Sucked :thumbdwn:

MowTin
06-15-07, 09:52 PM
How can you have a hard time finishing Ep1? Its like 45 minutes- with credits!

Trying to play it with FakeFactory's cinematic mod but it's all in German.

As I was playing I just realized that Gorden Freeman is not a very interesting character. Now, "The Darkness" has an interesting character and "Bioshock" has an interesting story.

I'm just tired of crushing head crabs with a crowbar.

jAkUp
06-15-07, 10:07 PM
Looking forward to it :) HL2 EP1 was better than all of HL2 IMO. HL2 was great but EP1 was better. Quality over quantity :)

jAkUp
06-15-07, 10:21 PM
does portal have a different storyline/plot than HL?
I believe they mentioned it is set in the HL universe.

Madpistol
06-15-07, 11:53 PM
I hope this date holds true. If it does, I'll be one very poor individual during the month of October.

Badboy_12345
06-16-07, 08:16 AM
retail orange box price = 49.99
steam black box price = 49.99

:lol:

Morrow
06-16-07, 10:32 AM
Why wouldn't they be available of Steam? I predict it'll be $49.99 on Steam too, but that's fine with me given the hundreds of hours of gameplay I'll get out of TF2.

50$? Are you crazy? I'm so not going to pay 50$ for one small episode and a MOD. I thought games available on Steam and episodes ought to be cheaper than full retail games and not carry the same price tag for less than 1/3 of the gameplay.

I really hope they will offer all three games in stand-alone packages because I'm definitely not interested in Episode 2.

MaXThReAT
06-16-07, 06:09 PM
50$? Are you crazy? I'm so not going to pay 50$ for one small episode and a MOD. I thought games available on Steam and episodes ought to be cheaper than full retail games and not carry the same price tag for less than 1/3 of the gameplay.

I really hope they will offer all three games in stand-alone packages because I'm definitely not interested in Episode 2.

I think we'll be able to.

The suite, sold at retail and through Valve's Steam download service, will consist of the shooter sequel Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the team-based multiplayer game Team Fortress 2, and the action/puzzle game Portal.

It is expected that Steam customers will retain the option to purchase only the newly-released games.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/47435/

stncttr908
06-16-07, 06:11 PM

I'm sure they will, but I'd reckon that TF2 standalone would probably be $24.99-$29.99 and Portal at around $9.99-$14.99. Episode 1 was $19.99 when it was released, so...

CDE_1246
06-16-07, 10:45 PM
Dude Breathemetal. How the hell do u not like Half life 2 its like the best FPS ever made next to Quake and Doom. Good luck pirating those games. Its impossible to pirate games on steam. I dont get why Valve took so long for all these games but w.e i just want all 3 of them.