PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry I left you PC gaming. Never again!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

brady
06-16-07, 11:50 AM
So my second (refurbed) 360 pooped out on me today. It's 2 months past the extended year warrenty. Actually I'm kindof glad. The thing had been giving me trouble for the past month. It was taking 20-30minutes just to get a game to run on it. This is the nail in the coffin for console gaming for me.

I'm gunna save up some monies and piece together and nice gaming rig. I've never had a major hardware failure in any of the PC's I've built. I know they happen, but at least in those cases I know what I'm in for. With the PC I don't have the idea in my head that I get to just plug it all in and go. I know there will be tinkering and I won't be so limited by a warrenty to not tinker. So yeah. I'm a little pissed but a little relieved. I've learned my lesson: Never turn your back on PC gaming. You'll get burned baby! Burned real bad!

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 11:52 AM
welcome back dude

Stoneyguy
06-16-07, 12:23 PM
I know what you mean. I recently purchased an Xbox 360 Elite, and it's already become almost exclusively for my daughters. I'm sure when the new Madden drops I'll be back into it, but for now I'm all into my PC games. C&C 3, Shadowrun, SupCom, NWN 2 (why has there been no expansions?), and BF 2142 take all my time. In fact Shadowrun may be the only reason I continue my gold level membership to live.

I never left PC gaming, but I thought a good console would make a nice mistress. I was wrong.

SwedX
06-16-07, 12:40 PM
Smart man who have seen the light, I have owned most of the consoles but in the end nothing comes close to the good ole Pc and it never will.

The feeling gaming gives you on a nice rig blows every sh.itty console together right out of the water :D

Welcome back to the real gaming land.

Blackcat
06-16-07, 12:50 PM
I like pc gaming and will always be into it as long as I can afford the hardware needed to keep up with the games...falling behind now...However, I seem to play more games now that I bought a 360. Nothing like leaning back in my recliner playing a game on my 92" projector screen. Yes, the hardware sucks and Microsoft should fixed this problem a while ago. Thats why I have two 360s, one spare in case the other needs to go out to the shop.:)

breathemetal
06-16-07, 12:57 PM
Welcome back. I hate consoles. Its just...bland for me.
And I hate controllers. Give me my Saitek and Razr and i'll be fine!
:D

The last console I owned last was...I think the ps2, and i only got that because i wanted Grand Turismo haha. Good game. It was fun while it lasted. But I gave the blasted thing to my sister. I didnt want it anymore.

Money isnt an object, so just get what you want? So who cares if i gave it away? That was my take on it. anyways...

I did own a PSX too, i loved that thing. Lunar Star was amazing, and the Legend of Legaia was a good game. There were a few RPGs that came out on the PSX that i fell in love with.

|MaguS|
06-16-07, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck... tell MS to **** off with their BS below 5% failure rate announcement. The X360 is one of the worse built consoles in history...

I say get yourself a decent PC and then go back to console gaming when they start only selling the newest revisions of the X360 or get yourself a PS3...

jAkUp
06-16-07, 01:11 PM
Good move :D

SLINROB
06-16-07, 01:13 PM
So my second (refurbed) 360 pooped out on me today. It's 2 months past the extended year warrenty. Actually I'm kindof glad. The thing had been giving me trouble for the past month. It was taking 20-30minutes just to get a game to run on it. This is the nail in the coffin for console gaming for me.

I'm gunna save up some monies and piece together and nice gaming rig. I've never had a major hardware failure in any of the PC's I've purchased. I know they happen, but at least in those cases I know what I'm in for. With the PC I don't have the idea in my head that I get to just plug it all in and go. I know there will be tinkering and I won't be so limited by a warrenty to not tinker. So yeah. I'm a little pissed but a little relieved. I've learned my lesson: Never turn your back on PC gaming. You'll get burned baby! Burned real bad!

Your eyes will explode when they are re exposed to AF and AA. Its probably too late for you, you shouldn't have turned away man.:thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 01:18 PM
I know there will be tinkering and I won't be so limited by a warrenty to not tinker. So yeah. I'm a little pissed but a little relieved. I've learned my lesson: Never turn your back on PC gaming. You'll get burned baby! Burned real bad!

all components in my PC have minimum of 3 year warranty. most have 5 years or lifetime !!

SLINROB
06-16-07, 01:21 PM
all components in my PC have minimum of 3 year warranty. most have 5 years or lifetime !!

Lawl thats nice and all but if your like me you will never have those same components long enough for the warranty to even matter.:p

nrdstrm
06-16-07, 02:07 PM
I'm doing the opposite lately. I've been playing my Wii and PS3 much more than my PC ATM. I'll never leave PC Gaming though...Just on stand by till some games come out I'm waiting for (Hellgate, Crysis, AW, etc)...

pkirby11
06-16-07, 03:00 PM
I'm the complete oposite, how long have you had your 360? Sound like a year or two, you know how much I've spent keeping my computer up to date? Around $2,000 or better a year or more just to keep up, so you had a 360 for 2 years and it crapped out, so it would cost $400 to buy a new one but in 6 months your new PC will be obsolete.

Just my observation but PC's are money pits, I love them to death, they are my proffesion and love. I just can't pay that money any more, it could go to better things. That not to say I won't keep it around and update it from time to time, I just don't plan to sink that kind of money into it. There are some games that won't be on consoles that I want to play and for that I definetaly want my PC.

P.S.
The whole AA and AF thing is crap, yes it looks nicer but you know most games I play with my current rig won't allow me to max either of those settings. Let alone put them to high without a drop in performance. The best I get usually is 2xAA and 8xAF which is better than a console but a huge cost to performance. Half the time I do without them because when there that low they don't make a huge difference and when there that high they won't run.

muaddib
06-16-07, 03:21 PM
Inane thread.

Getting a XBOX360 or any other console doesn't mean you turn your back on PC gaming, or vice versa.
I own numerous consoles and a decent PC. I play consoles as much as I play my PC, and I love them and gaming on them equally (well, actually, I like consoles a lot more :D, but never mind that).
Consoles have their Pro's and Con's and the PC has its Pro's and Con's. Some games are just better on PC (or console, when it is a multi-platform game) and some games will just remain exclusive to a specific platform, no matter what (games that are so great they'll force to buy a device especially for them).
The PC will always be there for surfing and working, but being an extremely fanatic fanboy at either sides of the scale is equally as bad.
Just because you had bad experience with consoles doesn't mean they are bad in comparison to PC. Many people had horrible experience with PC's, a lot more than consoles, whether software or hardware related, and PC games are usually a lot more buggy than console games. Personally, I had awful exprience lately with PC games, but I still like and play it.
In my opinion, you need to buy each device to enjoy the best of both worlds and together they form the complete gaming experience.

brady
06-16-07, 03:47 PM
I'm the complete oposite, how long have you had your 360? Sound like a year or two, you know how much I've spent keeping my computer up to date? Around $2,000 or better a year or more just to keep up, so you had a 360 for 2 years and it crapped out, so it would cost $400 to buy a new one but in 6 months your new PC will be obsolete.

Just my observation but PC's are money pits, I love them to death, they are my proffesion and love. I just can't pay that money any more, it could go to better things. That not to say I won't keep it around and update it from time to time, I just don't plan to sink that kind of money into it. There are some games that won't be on consoles that I want to play and for that I definetaly want my PC.

P.S.
The whole AA and AF thing is crap, yes it looks nicer but you know most games I play with my current rig won't allow me to max either of those settings. Let alone put them to high without a drop in performance. The best I get usually is 2xAA and 8xAF which is better than a console but a huge cost to performance. Half the time I do without them because when there that low they don't make a huge difference and when there that high they won't run.

If I were to get another 360 it would be my third. The first one lasted almost 6 months and the current dud lasted about a year.

The last gaming rig I built was an 3500+, 1gig 3200, and a 6800GT (when they were hot of the press). My mom has that PC with the exception of the 6800GT which is in the blue rig in my sig. Right now I have that rig hooked up to my 37" Sharp LCD and I use it to watch my DVD rips and just surf the web from the couch. I can still run a few games on it with decent performance. Obviously newer games are a challange for it but it still performs beautifully at the LCD native res in HL2 with 4xAA and 16xAF; even in episode 1.

The green rig with the 7600GT is a decent performer and could be nice hooked up to the LCD, but it serves all the media to the house and is the "tivo." It's actually been on for about 2 years non-stop without a hitch.

I'm definately going to start from scratch. And by the way I'm not at all saying the consoles don't have very fun games or horrible graphics, yada yada yada. All I'm saying is this 360 venture has been a bit of a headache and it's given me a very bad taste in my mouth.

|MaguS|
06-16-07, 03:51 PM
If I were to get another 360 it would be my third. The first one lasted almost 6 months and the current dud lasted about a year.

Pfft Get a PC and then a PS3 and then a Wii and then an X360... maybe by then they will have a reliable build.

SH64
06-16-07, 05:27 PM
Good to see you learned your lesson :D

SLINROB
06-16-07, 06:03 PM
P.S.

Dude no offense but you dont know WTF you are talking about and statements like these makes me doubt you even own the rig in your sig :rolleyes2

I have about 20 games ranging from a few years old to brand new and there isnt one that I cant at least force AA and AF through the drivers on in the CP :rolleyes2

Also the G80 series takes a very very very small performance hit when AF and AA is enabled so I dont know where you are coming from with this Rubbish talk of having to run them on the lowest settings just to get playable FPS. :rolleyes2

Take Oblivion (one of the heaviest gpu hitting games on the planet) for example, I run that game at maxed out in game settings with the addition of 4XAA and 16XHQAF at 1680X1050 and in the thickest parts of the forest where its the most demanding I average around 45fps which is MORE than playable for that kind of game.

Every other game I own such as FEAR, COD2, Dark Messiah, PREY, Condemned......ETC I run with 8-16XAA and AF and get 60+FPS.

You are either lying or simply dont have a fuking clue as to what you are doing.

And another thing AA and AF is not overrated, I have seen Oblivion and a few other Games on the 360 and the textures in the not so far distance looks like complete and udder muddy sh1t compared to the way it looks on a PC with 8-16XAF. There Is A Huge Difference and only a moron would argue otherwise.

Honestly, People with your kind of mentality have no business owning a high end gaming rig anyway.

agentkay
06-16-07, 08:31 PM
Welcome back! If I would use my 360 more than once every 3 months or so, Im sure it had died by now as well. :lol:

brady
06-16-07, 08:37 PM
Honestly, People with your kind of mentality have no business owning a high end gaming rig anyway.

I think I should get it. :D

esir
06-16-07, 09:26 PM
Congratulations :)

Madpistol
06-16-07, 11:23 PM
Nice rant SLINROB! Totally agree with you. The 8800 GTX eats AA and AF for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then asks for seconds. You just can't beat that. ;)

Welcome back to the light Brady. :cool:

CDE_1246
06-16-07, 11:39 PM
PC's own consoles in every way. All these kid's in my stupid school talk about them playing there 360's and crap and I just think in the back of my head "What a bunch of idiots, with there crappy 360's I have my PC which owns you crappy consoles." XBox 360 stole PC's original ideas like downloading games and online play. Welcome back to the real world of gaming!

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 11:39 PM
Welcome back! If I would use my 360 more than once every 3 months or so, Im sure it had died by now as well. :lol:

haha, its a good thing i returned mine 360. by now it would be occupied by moths

$n][pErMan
06-16-07, 11:58 PM
My last console system was an SNES... PC ever sense :D