PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty dev rejects Live Anywhere, woohoo!!

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 11:17 AM
hell yeah, CoD4 will not be infected with live on PC!!

Infinity Ward's studio head Grant Collier, who we reported yesterday was unhappy with the overuse of sandbox gameplay and destructible environments, told IGN in an interview that there was no interest in using Live Anywhere for PC and Xbox 360 cross-play.

The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare developer put it bluntly: "We said no and they didn't call back." Clarifying, Collier said "[it's cool] if you're playing online poker, but who wants to be playing an RTS on a console and have some guy on a PC clicking and dragging all his troops, attacking your base while you're sitting there with your thumb sticks." The keyboard/mouse vs. gamepad argument is a long-standing battle, and clearly Collier feels that they cannot be equals for fast-paced strategy or first-person shooter titles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/15/call-of-duty-dev-rejects-live-anywhere/

Stoneyguy
06-16-07, 11:28 AM
What's so great about them turning down Live? You don't need a paid gold account if you don't care to play cross platform. I'm curious about your strong stance because I play shadowrun and the only downside I see to playing cross platform is that console gamers never shut up. Other than that, it's great.

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 11:44 AM
because to make it competitive, they would have to **** around PC controls, and decrease accuracy.

|MaguS|
06-16-07, 12:06 PM
because to make it competitive, they would have to **** around PC controls, and decrease accuracy.

Or gasp make it compatible with a keyboard and mouse on the consoles.... which the X360 would be the only one to refuse such a thing...

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 12:16 PM
Or gasp make it compatible with a keyboard and mouse on the consoles.... which the X360 would be the only one to refuse such a thing...

and that would lead to bunch of threads by console gamers,

" not fair to be competitive in COD4 i have to go out and spend 50-100 bucks on keyboard and mouse"

|MaguS|
06-16-07, 12:20 PM
Or use any USB keyboard. Im sure most poeple have one already for their PC...

Stop looking for excuses to hate consoles, they are not for you so good for you but stop acting like they are the worse thing ever.

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 12:23 PM
i don't hate consoles. i want to buy a wii, and will once i find one in local store.