PDA

View Full Version : Crysis computer specs?

ChiBChombo
06-16-07, 03:23 PM
Any idea what Crysis specs are going to be? I'm getting a 8800 Ultra soon, wondering if that is going to run it without a problem at max or have to wait for the 8900+?

Dreamingawake
06-16-07, 03:26 PM
I don't know the exact requirements but I do know the 8800 series 640mb+
will run Crysis exceptionally well, provided your system has at least 2Gb of ram
and a dual core processor.

Dreamingawake
06-16-07, 03:38 PM
CryEngine 2 was developed on the 7/8800 series of cards so if we didn't get top notch performance, well, that would suck.

SlamDunk
06-16-07, 04:04 PM
No official specs have been released but, there was a mention of the "ultra detail" specs in the newest PC Gamer UK Crysis preview.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166004
Every sane person is wondering how all this is going to run on their system. We asked Cevat Yerli, Crytek CEO, what gamers with a limited budget should buy to make sure they can play Crysis well, and his first answer was two gigs of RAM. The single gig most of us have is going to struggle with environments of this size, and with this much smashable stuff to keep track of. Next on the shopping list is, predictably, a GeForce 8800 - but the GTS model in that range is fairly affordable, and not a huge step down from the GTX. The surprising part is that Cevat says a Core 2 Duo E6600 processor - the 140 mid-level chip in Intel's dual-core range - is enough to run Crysis on Ultra High settings with that setup. That chip is likely to undergo another price drop before Crysis comes out, too, so don't rush.

nekrosoft13
06-16-07, 04:14 PM
yes, but they didn't mention the resolution

AngelGraves13
06-16-07, 04:57 PM
From what I have heard, Crysis supports even newer features than DirectX10, probably the next DirectX update and they will not be exposed until new(er) hardware arrives this fall from NVIDIA or next spring from ATi.

SlamDunk
06-16-07, 05:30 PM
Yeah. There's a mention about that too in the preview linked above.

Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of. Cevat estimates it'll be 18 months after release before technology catches up with his game. They put these features in partly to keep Crysis current after release - they say it'll be the best-looking game for the next three years - but also, let's face it, because they're enormous graphics geeks.

Dragunov
06-16-07, 05:38 PM
From what I have heard, Crysis supports even newer features than DirectX10, probably the next DirectX update and they will not be exposed until new(er) hardware arrives this fall from NVIDIA or next spring from ATi.

Yeah engine has some hidden features, so the engine is not outdated next year or in two years :)

SLINROB
06-16-07, 05:55 PM
yes, but they didn't mention the resolution

Or the FPS or the amount of AA and AF or a lot of other important details.:rolleyes:

That statement that they made does not mean jack sh1t to me because for all we know playable for them could mean 25fps.

No one will know for sure until the game is released.

breathemetal
06-16-07, 07:02 PM
I like the whole "you cant unlock every feature when u first get the game" idea
It keeps it exciting
And gives you more incintive to upgrade your rig haha

Arioch
06-16-07, 07:20 PM
As long as they get SLI working with the game than I am hopeful I can run it at 1920x1200 on my 2x8800GTX with 8xAF/2xAA with full details.

Riplayne
06-16-07, 07:27 PM
This same discussion comes up with every next gen graphics game on the horizon for PC, no matter what the developers say its always the same when it comes out, top of the line systems usually end up struggling with the game on full settings for at least a few months. It happened with Far Cry, it happened with Oblivion, it happened with the two dx10 demos that are out. Don't expect to get stellar performance even with a top of line system. What will really matter is how well you can scale the game back without noticing alot of difference.

Arioch
06-16-07, 07:57 PM
The DX10 demo of Lost Planet and the DX10 path in Call of Juarez are based on games originally coded in DX9. I am willing to bet that a game built from the ground up on DX10 like Crysis will run better than Call of Juarez and Lost Planet does. I don't expect my system to run this game at unreasonable levels but I like to point out there was no SLI available when Far Cry came out. I am going to stand by my opinion that an SLI rig will be able to run Crysis at 1920x1200 with some AF/AA with high detail an maintain a 30FPS average which is fine by me if the minimum doesn't drop below 20 FPS. This will suit me fine for single player - I do think I will need to drop the resolution down and some other settings for multiplayer to raise the frame rate up to a more acceptable level.

pg_ice
06-16-07, 08:05 PM
"Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of."

make us of= not enough raw power on todays GPUs

without these futures the game will probably only look average.
the thing is we probably have seen these new futures running in the videos but never seen how the game actualy looks like for us customers..lol

you must learn to read between the lines guys :)
what they are saing is "with todays hardware the game will NOT look as good as the videos we have released
we have just shown how the game could look like"...but forgett the same quality as the screenshots with todays hardware"

there you have the truth..now go out and play some ball and come back in 18 months ;)

Digital_Trans
06-16-07, 08:12 PM
"Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of."

without these futures the game will probably only look average.
the thing is we probably have seen these new futures running in the videos but never seen how the game actualy looks like for us customers..lol

you must learn to read between the lines guys :)
what they are saing is "with todays hardware the game will NOT look as good as the videos we have released
we have just shown how the game could look like"...but forgett the same quality as the sceenshots with todays hardware"

there you have the truth..now go out and play some ball and come back in 18 months ;)

I saw a demo of it at CES and it looked amazing. It was runnning in SLI on a Dell Ultrasharp 30" LCD with two EVGA 8800 GTX KO Edition cards. With the new graphics engine it's going to look even better.

nutcrackr
06-16-07, 08:23 PM
does it have software rendering mode :nana:

pg_ice
06-16-07, 08:29 PM
I saw a demo of it at CES and it looked amazing. It was runnning in SLI on a Dell Ultrasharp 30" LCD with two EVGA 8800 GTX KO Edition cards. With the new graphics engine it's going to look even better.

alright :)
there you have the specs then.

for smooth gameplay at 2560x1600? res (Dell Ultrasharp 30" res?) you need
8800GTX SLI(probably overclocked to max) and a fast(3.0Ghz->) C2D CPU.

if the game uses max of the memory bandwidth on the graphics cards then one single 8800GTX should be able to run the game at the same speed but at 1600*1200 res

2560x1600= 4096000 pixels
1600x1200= 1920000 pixels

about 100% less pixels to render

CDE_1246
06-17-07, 12:04 AM
lol, software rendering mode.

K007
06-17-07, 02:28 AM
Yeah engine has some hidden features, so the engine is not outdated next year or in two years :)

Considering what we seen from videos..this engine is not gonna get outdated..for a very long time.

KasuCode
06-17-07, 05:05 AM
Usually the more I look up info or screens of a new game the less I seem to care. Crysis is the complete opposite. The more I see and read, the more I want to play the game, and the more it drives me crazy waiting for it to come out. Crysis seems to look better and better each day.

Dreamingawake
06-17-07, 02:09 PM
Exactly. The more I see/hear about Crysis the more I want to play it.

I think it will more than exceed some peoples, including my expectations.

I really like the sound of unlocked elements in the game engine, this
is going to be one hell of a revolutionary game.

:captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill:

Dragunov
06-17-07, 03:34 PM
I hope we gonna see the true powers now of dx10 and 8800/2900 hardware and not just those dx10 patches on dx9 engines

jcrox
06-17-07, 03:40 PM
hmmm.. everyone seems to be worried about game performance and seem to equate it directly with the GPU only, with all those crazy physics going on we may very well find that our CPU's are more performance limiting than our GPU's.

XDanger
06-17-07, 05:14 PM
Far Cry is still a great game so many years on , Crysis will be the same I hope. I dont mind waiting for hardware to catch up.