PDA

View Full Version : Games Like Fable: TLC

breathemetal
06-16-07, 08:44 PM
This is probably going to be a short-lived thread. But i dont mind, i just want some answers. (That is, if anyone can give me a good one ;) )

The question:

Are there any games out that are similar to Fable: TLC (The Lost Chapters) ((not to be confused with the original Fable game))

And no, dont recommend Oblivion. Thankyou. Haha.

Any ideas?

If you cant think of any like Fable, what are some of your favorite RPGS?

SH64
06-16-07, 11:22 PM
Oblivion :D

seriously i cant think of any other games that has the same gameplay style as Fable , for now.
graphics-wise you might need to try Overlord but thats not a RPG.
as for fav. RPGs .. well Oblivion.

there is Gothic3 too but its not in my fav list.

K007
06-17-07, 02:23 AM
sif oblivion...that game was good to look at..not @ characters, but just the sky -.-. The game was so boring after awhile.

I think that overlord game is something similar to fable..hard to say. Its still a demo so give that a shot.

Fable kinda reminds me of the story/adventure style of monkey island with action in it of course.

I say give The longest journey a shot, (the first one is pretty old, but i still fire this game up to play through it again, its alot of fun). The other is Dreamfall which is the second part of the game...i am not a big fan of its new combat system, but the story/adventure still holds in the game and is still a good game to give it a shot, the original still was the best.

You know...STALKER is pretty good too. Runs great, looks great..the story is..confusing as hell..i am still confused..but i still play it for some reason...most of the time i just go..wow..that looks amazing..the shadows from trees and birds flying over me...just simply amazing. Runs great on my gx2 great too on 1280x960 with .3 aa setting ><. Good game to just build your character find better guns/etc..the game is probably one of the best games where the environment really feels so..dam real...and the AI is pretty smart too...the story..is the only down side..its hard to make out wtf ure doing all this for..

crainger
06-17-07, 04:05 AM
Have you tried the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series? Or even Jade Empire? They are some great easy to get into RPGs. You could also try Demonstone if you're after mostly action. :) It's a lot of fun, but very short. I finished it in one day (It's also light on the character customising).

Maybe even give Vampire: Bloodlines a go. It's had a rough life, but it's one of my favourites.

K007
06-17-07, 04:45 AM
Have you tried the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series? Or even Jade Empire? They are some great easy to get into RPGs. You could also try Demonstone if you're after mostly action. :) It's a lot of fun, but very short. I finished it in one day (It's also light on the character customising).

Maybe even give Vampire: Bloodlines a go. It's had a rough life, but it's one of my favourites.

Yep, those are some really great games, all of which has alot of replay value..and i did alot of replay ><

breathemetal
06-17-07, 10:41 AM
Thanks, I'll give a few of those a chance

CaptNKILL
06-17-07, 11:49 AM
I can definitely vouch for Star Wars: KOTOR and Vampire: Bloodlines. Both are excellent RPGs.

KOTOR easily ranks in the top 5 of the most fun, addicting and immersive games I've ever played. I can't wait till the KOTOR 2 fan-made patch is finished so I can finally jump into that game without having it get bogged down by bugs.

K007
06-17-07, 12:13 PM
i was really looking forward to that force unleashed one of star wars...then notice its only console version...really felt the *stab* in my stomach :'(

ST:DS9
06-17-07, 12:30 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned the Gothic series. Also there is Arx Fatalis.

CaptNKILL
06-17-07, 12:46 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned the Gothic series. Also there is Arx Fatalis.
Yeah, Arx is awesome too.

nekrosoft13
06-17-07, 01:51 PM

stay away from Demonstone :headexplode:

crainger
06-17-07, 06:19 PM
Demonstone wasn't THAT bad...

and yeah, I've been holding off the urge to play KOTR2 again until the fan patch comes out. :D

nekrosoft13
06-17-07, 06:23 PM
how is the is progress on that patch?

crainger
06-17-07, 06:27 PM
http://team-gizka.org/

Getting close, maybe another year or so?

nekrosoft13
06-17-07, 06:47 PM
another year

WOW

crainger
06-17-07, 09:39 PM
I dunno. I'm just guessing, but they are doing it in their spare time I gather and for free.

nekrosoft13
06-17-07, 09:42 PM
if it comes out good, i would pay them

kotor2 is good, but unfinished

Eliminator
06-17-07, 09:51 PM
theres not many like fable... jade empire is a great game... also zelda ocarina of time for n64 is simply the best if you havent played it... you may also like heretic 2 and soul reaver 2