PDA

View Full Version : Wiimote stopped working

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 12:35 AM
BOTH of my Wiimotes stopped detecting. They both have fresh batteries. When I press a button on them, they just flash that blue light constantly.

I've completely unplugged the Wii and plugged it back in, turned it on. Still nothing. I don't even get a hand on my screen.

This is the exact reason why i HATE wireless ANYTHING. Wired Keyboard. Wired Mouse. Wired internet. Give me a wired Wiimote any day.

Can someone help me out. This Wii is already annoying me and I haven't even had it two weeks.

Ninja Prime
06-17-07, 12:40 AM
Hmm, not sure. Have you tried that manual reset thing from the setup guide?

Posting on a wii with 7 month old wiimote... ;)

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 12:40 AM
Hmm, not sure. Have you tried that manual reset thing from the setup guide?

Posting on a wii with 7 month old wiimote... ;)
where is that? never heard of a manual reset.

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 12:48 AM
nm, i looked up the manual reset. Yea i did that. Pressed and held the resync buttons on the Wiimote and on the console itself.

Ninja Prime
06-17-07, 12:50 AM
where is that? never heard of a manual reset.

Its in the wii manual/guide that came with the system. Can't seem to find mine atm, but it seems like it was early in the manual, like page 20 something. 23 maybe?

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 01:52 AM
Both of my Wiimotes still do not work. I have tried every resync idea known to man from looking at tons of websites on the problem. Still does not work. I'm almost thinking the sensor at the top of my TV just gave out. Anyway to test that?

nrdstrm
06-17-07, 02:30 AM
Man...That sucks Tygerwoody...It's still under warranty right? Or are the controllers only 60 days or some crap like that?

The only other Wiimote I know of that is dead is the one my friend threw at the wall and detonated it while playing Raving Rabbits...LOL...

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 10:32 AM
Man...That sucks Tygerwoody...It's still under warranty right? Or are the controllers only 60 days or some crap like that?

The only other Wiimote I know of that is dead is the one my friend threw at the wall and detonated it while playing Raving Rabbits...LOL...
I don't think the Wiimotes are dead. Its both of them. They just stopped responding all of a sudden. One of them only has MAYBE an hour of playtime. The other one probably has 7 hours total.

I think its the sensor on top of the TV to be honest.

christos
06-17-07, 10:36 AM
The sensor on top of the tv has nothing to do with the wiimotes and their connection to the system. You could use candles instead of the sensor if you wanted.

I've lost the connection twice in the past. I took the batteries out for a couple of minutes, put them back in, did a sync and all was well.

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 10:53 AM
I took out the batteries out of the Wiimotes AND unplugged the Wii throughout the whole night. They STILL do not work.

One thing I DID do different last night was I turned on my wireless router to update the Wii. Would turning on the wireless have anything to do with it(i have since then turned off wireless on my network)? How about updating the Wii? Last night I played on the Wii a good hour after I update it, but then again I never rebooted until later on that night(when it stopped working).

This is why I hate consoles. If my computer doesn't work, eventually I can fix it. This freaking Wii console I can't fix at all.

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 10:56 AM
can I remote the update from my Wii somehow? I think that might have something to do with it.

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 11:48 AM
Called Nintendo and they are fixing me up ATM.

Tygerwoody
06-17-07, 01:33 PM
talked to nintendo. They said it was the update that screwed it up. They got me to do a bunch of combinations and my Wii is now working.

ENU291
06-17-07, 04:43 PM
Isn't this like the second time that an update for the Nintendo Wii hosed the console? I believe the first update for the Wii bricked a few systems.

Marvel_us
06-17-07, 05:21 PM
Isn't this like the second time that an update for the Nintendo Wii hosed the console? I believe the first update for the Wii bricked a few systems.

IIRC, that one messed up the Wii's internet connection.

zoomy942
06-18-07, 09:48 AM
look heres how you fix this in the future.

turn on the wii..
at the first screen, press the RED sync button for 30 seconds.
then let go. press it again, then press A on your Wiimote.

all done.

Tygerwoody
06-18-07, 11:16 AM
look heres how you fix this in the future.

turn on the wii..
at the first screen, press the RED sync button for 30 seconds.
then let go. press it again, then press A on your Wiimote.

all done.
That was one of the things I found online to try. Didn't work for this particular situation. :o

ENU291
06-18-07, 11:40 AM
That was one of the things I found online to try. Didn't work for this particular situation. :o
So what is the current status of your Wii remotes?

Tygerwoody
06-18-07, 12:19 PM
So what is the current status of your Wii remotes?
they work now, but I had to talk to a Nintendo Tech to fix it.