PDA

View Full Version : Wii FTW!

Ninja Prime
06-16-07, 11:35 PM
So, I just figured out wii has a net browser, posting this from it.

How impressed are you? ;)

Zeta
06-17-07, 12:27 AM
http://www.homestarrunner.com has some wii games. Kinda lame but kinda fun at the same time. The games are made to work with the wiimote and the browser.

I think this is the direct URL to them: http://www.videlectrix.com/vii/

marqmajere
06-17-07, 01:00 AM
That was one of the reasons I wanted a Wii. That way I could post from the living room instead of the computer room.

nrdstrm
06-17-07, 01:27 AM
Man, I do luv my Wii...It's defiently getting more use than my PS3 atm. I like my PS3 as well, but I'm just having more fun with the ONE game I own for Wii (Wii Sports) than the other games I have on the PS3. To be fair though I bought them at the same time, so I havn't given the PS3 much of a chance since it looks dismal on my SD set. I get my new 1080p set on the 24th, so maybe it will get a better workout then...

zoomy942
06-18-07, 08:49 AM
i agree. Wii FTW!!!

Mario party 8 is great

Bman212121
06-18-07, 09:15 AM
So, I just figured out wii has a net browser, posting this from it.

How impressed are you? ;)

LOL. A browser is more of a novelty item than anything. If you don't have a keyboard, I can probably walk into another room, turn on my pc, post something, and turn it back off before you can type that. :p

Tygerwoody
06-18-07, 09:55 AM
Mario party 8 is great
Really? i heard it sucked...

zoomy942
06-18-07, 10:03 AM
na. i dont like that is doesnt fully support widescreen; however, my wife and i played it for several hours this weekend. the boards are imaganitive and the gameplay is fun.

the reviews complain because it "isnt anything new to the mario party series".

for me, this is my first mario party game, so i think its a blast.

nemecb
06-18-07, 10:32 AM
Really? i heard it sucked...
People seem to either love it or hate it.

I haven't actually used the Wii browser since I first installed it. As a general rule if I want to surf in my living room I grab my laptop from the next room and bring it with me. And I don't even do that very often, so for me it's definitely a novelty. Nice to know it's there though.:)

Ninja Prime
06-18-07, 08:16 PM
LOL. A browser is more of a novelty item than anything. If you don't have a keyboard, I can probably walk into another room, turn on my pc, post something, and turn it back off before you can type that. :p

Actually I'm becoming pretty quick with it, still no where near a real keyboard, but I can do 10-15 wpm.

Bman212121
06-18-07, 09:20 PM
Actually I'm becoming pretty quick with it, still no where near a real keyboard, but I can do 10-15 wpm.

Damn, that's not too bad then. It's like seeing people texting on a cell phone, it is a horrible way to type, but once you get used to it you'll make the most of it that you can.