PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the Infernal game?

Pages : [1] 2

flukester
06-18-07, 09:57 AM
I picked it up this weekend, my Fathers Day gift :cool: . Outside of having to install a Ageia PhysX driver for no reason the game is not bad at all. Ok, the voice acting is questionable/poor but the gfx and gameplay are actually quite good. It reminds me of the Painkiller story especially after reading the Intro in the manual.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/infernal/screenshots.html

Amuro
06-18-07, 10:20 AM
I was going to, but the ign review scared me away.

Destroy
06-18-07, 10:23 AM
I'll prolly pick it up when it's $20 or less. Great gfx for sure but gameplay is only so so.

nekrosoft13
06-18-07, 10:28 AM

try the demo, its a fun good looking game.

flukester
06-18-07, 10:32 AM

Actually I had read the review but I thought it was a little too critical of the game and I read other reviews as well. The game to me, is a 7/10(mostly what the majority of reviews that I read said). It's not excellent but it's not piss poor either. The gfx are very nice but not out of this world, it performs really well. To me the worst part of the game is the voice acting. It sounds more like they are reading off a cue card. I needed something new so I picked it up. I am enjoying it so far. Maybe the voice acting will improve.

nopp0x00
06-18-07, 11:09 AM
It's a fun game (based on the demo), but it's not 40 USD fun, more like 15 to 20 USD fun.

stncttr908
06-18-07, 02:13 PM
I heard that the enemy spawning is even more frustrating than Doom 3's monster closets.

delas52
06-18-07, 02:45 PM
The cover system is broken beyond repair (or just plain bad). Doesn't work 95% of the time.

Demo scared me away.

8800gtsfan
06-18-07, 02:47 PM
Great Graphics, decent voice acting...the dude you play is badass. The first level was too flashy - give it time, some of the levels look incredible!!

Enjoyable game for sure, unlock new moves and tasks later on like telekinesys and teleporting. Also the R6 Las Vegas-esque shooting while taking cover on a wall...

I know some people might hate it, it's the kind of game I really enjoy... its like max payne meets r6 vegas...

Saintster
06-18-07, 03:27 PM
Great game. i'm in the cathedral level towards the end.

radekhulan
06-18-07, 03:32 PM
I played the demo at Steam, looks nice and playable, but would not buy it for $40. Would pay $20 max..

Elvin Presler
06-18-07, 09:32 PM
A fun timekiller, with WAY too much bloom, but good performance and graphics overall.

Worth $19.99 (US)

crainger
06-18-07, 11:22 PM
It's not a bad game. I had a ball with it. It got some really bad press over this way though. :(

3DBrad
06-18-07, 11:23 PM
I'll play it when they pay me $15/hour of gameplay, and remove all character voices (the horror!) and re-write the story. :afro: The demo stayed on my computer about 40 minutes.

crainger
06-18-07, 11:39 PM
LOL. Yeah the english version voices were really awful.

flukester
06-19-07, 08:55 AM
Well even if it was $40, still more woth the $40 spent on STALKER. At least with this game I'm 'entertained' and not bored out of my skull with uninspiring dialogs and constant reading. Physics are well done and general graphics are pretty sweet and 'optimized'. Environments are great looking and AI is pretty darn good if you don't play EASY.

I know some people might hate it, it's the kind of game I really enjoy... its like max payne meets r6 vegas...

Yep, that's how I sum it up as well. Everyone has different tastes I like these kinds of games.

nekrosoft13
06-19-07, 09:11 AM
i like both Infernal and Stalker

8800gtsfan
06-19-07, 09:27 AM
i like both Infernal and Stalker

Yea, what the hell is the matter with people here. A bunch of idiots that have never played the retail version of Infernal come flaming away... shut up already. Infernal is a cool game, it's fun the graphics are better than some of the crap Im sure you flamers play.

Infernal is worth the play through to anyone still interested. Don't listen to these other ass-hats.

I hate MMOs but you dont see me slamming every SWG, WOW, EQ or LOTRO threads -

JerseySeven
06-19-07, 01:05 PM
Agree with 8800gtsfan,

Finished the game and am playing through again, its that much fun.

Lots of variety in the levels: 1)restaurant-bar; 2)monastery; 3)refinery; 4)dockyard; 5)steel plant; 5)cargo plane in flight; 7)aircraft carrier; 8)satellite control center in jungle

Once you got the hang of it, the teleportation trick was slick: Pop behind some doofus - nail him in the back a few times then pop back and nail him again after he turns around to see wtf was behind him... doesn't get old imo

flukester
06-19-07, 01:36 PM
Agree with 8800gtsfan,

Finished the game and am playing through again, its that much fun.

Lots of variety in the levels: 1)restaurant-bar; 2)monastery; 3)refinery; 4)dockyard; 5)steel plant; 5)cargo plane in flight; 7)aircraft carrier; 8)satellite control center in jungle

Once you got the hang of it, the teleportation trick was slick: Pop behind some doofus - nail him in the back a few times then pop back and nail him again after he turns around to see wtf was behind him... doesn't get old imo

Holy crap you already finished it? How many hours of play is there(without cheats)? :p

stncttr908
06-19-07, 02:22 PM
Yea, what the hell is the matter with people here. A bunch of idiots that have never played the retail version of Infernal come flaming away... shut up already. Infernal is a cool game, it's fun the graphics are better than some of the crap Im sure you flamers play.

Infernal is worth the play through to anyone still interested. Don't listen to these other ass-hats.

I hate MMOs but you dont see me slamming every SWG, WOW, EQ or LOTRO threads -
Wow dude, the way you've taken this thread personally I'd swear you designed the game. :wtf: The OP asked if anyone tried it. We tried it and didn't like it. If it was called "Who else likes Infernal?" or "Stuck in Infernal, help!" and we came around with these responses, maybe you'd have a gripe. Relax. Not everyone has to like what you like. In fact, given the general response to the game here and in most reviews, you're in the minority my friend.

flukester
06-19-07, 02:30 PM
In fact, given the general response to the game here and in most reviews, you're in the minority my friend.

Really? 7/10 is a bad review? Pretty good in my book. Sure there are low reviews but like in my original post, I found some to be unfair and very critical. As 8800gtsfan said too, lots based it off a demo.

stncttr908
06-19-07, 02:52 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/926226.asp

Not terrible, but there are certainly better games for me to play right now. Then again, I'm still behind and catching up.

flukester
06-19-07, 04:01 PM
Ok, that's one site out of a million...Until today didn't even know that site existed. lol.

When I got the game, I had just read a review on it @ http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=8314&page=1 and I trust their reviews.

8800gtsfan
06-19-07, 04:11 PM
Wow dude, the way you've taken this thread personally I'd swear you designed the game. :wtf: The OP asked if anyone tried it. We tried it and didn't like it. If it was called "Who else likes Infernal?" or "Stuck in Infernal, help!" and we came around with these responses, maybe you'd have a gripe. Relax. Not everyone has to like what you like. In fact, given the general response to the game here and in most reviews, you're in the minority my friend.

I'm really tired of the flaming ass-hats here, they ruin the Nvnews experience. If you have nothing to offer, shove off already.

Some people like this type of game....there is no minority when you have your own opinion of things and don't give a **** about the rest of the world. :D