PDA

View Full Version : I am stumped...I hate myself!!!!

tornadog
06-19-07, 08:25 AM
Ok looks this is becoming the story of my life as far as gaming is concerned...

this weekend, I was playing 3 games, Scarface on the wii, Motorstorm on the PS3 and Forza 2 on the 360.

Scarface: First level where you have to escape the mansion from the movie. Run down the stairs, bham, bham, I am dead, 10 tries later, I clear the first room, bham , bham I am dead...f**k this game

Motorstorm: Ticket 4/22. first race, finished 10/12. try again, finish 12/12. After several tries, finally in the lead in the last lap, and bham, I fly off the cliff, finishing in 10th place...f**k this game

Forza 2: Second cup after the North American Challenge. First race, early lead, doing well, first corner in last lap, bham, onto the gravel and I am suddenly last. try again, car from behind clips me and I go spinning, finish last again..I am done now.

pulled out the blu-rays I got from netflix and spent rest of the weekend watching movies on the ps3..

Oh I forgot to mention, Friday night, brand new game, Dirt on the 360, second lowest difficulty, couldnt finish the race in the top 10, no matter what, the car handling absolutely sucks in that game, the sticks are too sensitive and there is no option to change it...f**k that game too!!!!

Tr1cK
06-19-07, 08:28 AM
You really can't do Forza 2 on 360 without a wheel. You are just asking to get pissed with out it.

ENU291
06-19-07, 08:29 AM
Hahahahaha.... I feel your pain man! Keep at it and you'll be fine.

six_storm
06-19-07, 12:09 PM
You have to have some ultra patience with Forza 2, I don't care who you are. You can't just jump in and play it successfully, you have to get warmed up and play for a little while to do so.

Tr1cK
06-19-07, 01:57 PM
You have to have some ultra patience with Forza 2, I don't care who you are. You can't just jump in and play it successfully, you have to get warmed up and play for a little while to do so.

/concur

Some friends came over and tried it, and they could barely drive my RWD cars with the assists on. I do it all day long with them off and win. :)

MustangSVT
06-19-07, 05:16 PM
You have to be good at racing games to play Forza. It's not an easy game.

I myself have no problem with it. I play with pretty much the hardest difficulties, hard AI, all aids off except for ABS, and I will usually put TCS on as well if it's a race car or if it's a 400+ HP car. I can pretty much beat anyone online usually in inferior cars. I was really good at it from when I jumped into it.

I would like to mention however that I was very good at Forza 1, and that I've been good in general at any racing game (be it F1, rally, need for speed, PGR, Gran Turismo, etc.) for the past 10 years including being really good at Live For Speed which is probably the most competitive online racing game out there.

So you can be good at Forza 2 without a wheel (at least I am), but I'm not just your average gamer, racing games are pretty much my favorites, so I assume it's probably much harder for most people and most people probably approach it the PGR way.

I can't comment on Scarface or Motorstorm or DIRT since I haven't played any of these, but what happened to you in Forza was simply bad luck.

I'd also like to mention that the way to approach Forza is not the same as in PGR for example. You need to brake in time and take the turn cautiously. Braking too late and ending up in the gravel can happen to anyone. It even happens to me (on the odd ocassions) when I play online. I push too hard trying to catch up to somebody maybe (just giving an example), and on some rare ocassion, I may end up in the gravel.

Camp0rz
06-20-07, 01:39 AM
I think it's easier playing with the controller..

OP, www.gamefaqs.com

Sazar
06-20-07, 03:08 AM

Try LFS.

PeterJensen
06-20-07, 04:30 AM
LFS is so nice :)