PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4:Wii

zoomy942
06-19-07, 04:47 PM
It seems to have favorable reviews.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/06/19/metareview-resident-evil-4-wii-edition/

HiCZoK4
06-19-07, 05:23 PM
it have to be sweet targeting with wiimote

sirplayalot
06-20-07, 03:59 AM
Picking this up tomorrow. :) Time to play something on the Wii besides Mario Party and Wii sports!

zoomy942
06-20-07, 10:18 AM
let us know what you think!

nemecb
06-20-07, 10:27 AM
I want this, but I already own the GC version and I'm not buying it twice.:(

True widescreen is very, very tempting though...

sirplayalot
06-21-07, 03:54 AM
Well I picked it up and played it for about 2 hours. Its really fun. The controls take some getting used to but the aiming is really easy and fun once you get into it. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to get used to the control style before you can run around comfortably. As far as the game goes it's still the same RE4 that was released 2 years ago...and I love it. :)

Fun game, all RE4 fans should pick this up if they want to play through it using the Wiimote, its very different.

NaitoSan
06-21-07, 05:34 AM
I want this, but I already own the GC version and I'm not buying it twice.:(

True widescreen is very, very tempting though...
sell gc and buy wii. i sold re4 and going to get re4 when i get wii. :) and zelda too.

muaddib
06-21-07, 11:43 AM
It rocks and it tops the GC and PS2 easily.
This is quite simply the best way to enjoy this classic, and its one hell of a way!
Played this at a friend's... I am so getting this one when I get my Wii!

nemecb
06-21-07, 12:27 PM
sell gc and buy wii. i sold re4 and going to get re4 when i get wii. :) and zelda too.
The problem is that I only paid $20 for it in the first place, so I don't expect to be able to sell it for any worthwhile amount. I guess I could just suck it up and call it a single $50 game (with the $20 for GC and $30 for Wii), but that offends my stingy nature.:)

buffbiff21
06-21-07, 01:05 PM
oooh joy another port

Tygerwoody
06-22-07, 08:56 AM
so what advantages does the Wii RE4 have over the PC version?

Ninjaman09
06-22-07, 09:43 AM
It should be arriving on my doorstep shortly, I'll let you guys know how it is. :D

nemecb
06-22-07, 10:39 AM
so what advantages does the Wii RE4 have over the PC version?
If you don't already have a gamepad for your PC you don't have to buy one to play it with decent controls.:)

As I understand it this has basically all of the extra features from the PS2 version added in with Wii controls. I assume the PC version has the PS2 extras as well, so in the end I think it comes down to how you want to control it, wiimote or gamepad.

Tygerwoody
06-22-07, 11:05 AM
If you don't already have a gamepad for your PC you don't have to buy one to play it with decent controls.:)

As I understand it this has basically all of the extra features from the PS2 version added in with Wii controls. I assume the PC version has the PS2 extras as well, so in the end I think it comes down to how you want to control it, wiimote or gamepad.
I own a PS2 lookalike gamepad from Logitech. :)

Yes, it supposively does have the extra PS2 features.

Mr. Hunt
06-22-07, 11:10 AM
I own a PS2 lookalike gamepad from Logitech. :)

Yes, it supposively does have the extra PS2 features.

Yeah it has the PS2 features with GC graphics and Wii remote controls basically... wish they would have went a step further and let us play as the Mercenaries characters through the main game... I want to play with Krauser and Hunk more :(... I would have definitely bought the game if it had this.

Ninjaman09
06-22-07, 07:07 PM
OK I've been playing it for a couple hours, the controls are perfect and it's just as good if not better than it was on the Gamecube as a result! :D

Ninjaman09
06-22-07, 10:53 PM
No kidding! And MAN is it easier to pick off those headshots now. Can't imagine aiming with the analog stick after playing the Wii version.

Mr. Hunt
06-23-07, 06:35 AM
Ok....

1.) The most satisfying thing in the game isn't shooting their heads off... it is shooting them in the knee cap and then suplexing the **** out of them... THEN their head explodes... THAT OWNS EVERYTHING.

2.) I got awesome at aiming with the laser sight I played the GC version so much... I could hit targets like 100 yards away with the regular pistol... not so sure how I would do with the wii remote.

Ninjaman09
06-23-07, 09:29 AM
You'd probably do fine, I was picking them off (knees or head) no problem, hardly ever miss too - only when I start firing wildly when I'm surrounded.

Mr. Hunt
06-23-07, 10:36 AM
Damn. I have GOT to try that. :naughty:

It owns... I also recently found out a way to suplex when using Ashley... haven't done it as I haven't played the game in quite some time... but it seems like it owns.