PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking of X360 purchase.

Pages : [1] 2 3

HiCZoK4
06-20-07, 03:59 PM
I am pc gamer almost over 10 years but I am starting to boring. Recently I upgraded my pc(RIG btw) ,but It is not much use becouse of lack of good NEW games(there is a lot of games anyway). I am considering X360 Premium buy but I can't decide. I am going to work In summertime so I will have money. I never had console before and I am hardcore (:D ) pc gamer that started with Duke and Quake and before that played another world ,Golden axe and other classic at atari and amiga.

Anyway I am considering Pal Samsung Xtreme5.3 flash.

My questions :
Is 360 worth of buying if I have that good pc right now?
Is that drive and flash good or could I choose better? (I am not going XBL I think)
I have 17' Crt and 30' Standard new LG tv.
I am hyped about all those x36 games like GoW CoD3, Dead Rising, Fight Night 3 ,Full Auto etc...etc..Not Lost Planet anymore becouse played demo on my pc ;)

Post your pros and cons and any problems what you encounter using a console.
Thx in advance !

I known it is a pc section but the console section is full of fanboys and pc gamers have both pc+console somnetime:D

TiKi1
06-20-07, 04:04 PM
I really love my 360 it is a ton of fun. Forza 2 with racing wheel....GEARS OF WAR!!....GRAW & GRAW 2...Viva Pinata. Tons of fun. I'm just glad I got my Elite when I did since they are so hard to find.:D

If I had to pick between the 360 and the Wii I would choose the Wii however.

HiCZoK4
06-20-07, 04:10 PM
Wii !!!!:headexplode: no :D
first you sound like 360fanboy but when you spoken about wii...hmmm

Saintster
06-20-07, 04:17 PM
Mine just died after 1 year bought last Jan. Instead of getting another I just saved up and will upgrade my rig to a c2d. I might get another around the end of the year,I just need the core model I just wish they would last a little longer. Had great fun with it played the hell out of it so i got my moneys worth.

HiCZoK4
06-20-07, 04:19 PM
Mine just died after 1 year bought last Jan. Instead of getting another I just saved up and will upgrade my rig to a c2d. I might get another around the end of the year,I just need the core model I just wish they would last a little longer. Had great fun with it played the hell out of it so i got my moneys worth.
isnt hdd almos necessary if you really playing ?

Saintster
06-20-07, 04:21 PM
isnt hdd almos necessary if you really playing ?

I'll take the hdd off the dead xbox 360 I have sitting in the closet.

Saintster
06-20-07, 04:22 PM
has microsoft fixed the lifespan of these or is it just luck of the draw here.

Labyrinth
06-20-07, 04:38 PM
I am pc gamer almost over 10 years but I am starting to boring. Recently I upgraded my pc(RIG btw) ,but It is not much use becouse of lack of good NEW games(there is a lot of games anyway). I am considering X360 Premium buy but I can't decide. I am going to work In summertime so I will have money. I never had console before and I am hardcore (:D ) pc gamer that started with Duke and Quake and before that played another world ,Golden axe and other classic at atari and amiga.

Anyway I am considering Pal Samsung Xtreme5.3 flash.

My questions :
Is 360 worth of buying if I have that good pc right now?
Is that drive and flash good or could I choose better? (I am not going XBL I think)
I have 17' Crt and 30' Standard new LG tv.
I am hyped about all those x36 games like GoW CoD3, Dead Rising, Fight Night 3 ,Full Auto etc...etc..Not Lost Planet anymore becouse played demo on my pc ;)

Post your pros and cons and any problems what you encounter using a console.
Thx in advance !

I known it is a pc section but the console section is full of fanboys and pc gamers have both pc+console somnetime:D

Just wait until Sept/Oct. of this year and you won't be bored of PC games anymore.

six_storm
06-20-07, 04:58 PM
The 360 is awesome, don't doubt it. Take my rule of thumb: Choose your console on the games. Find five games that are must haves. Once you have those five (when they are out on the shelf), then go buy the console. The X360 has been one of the best and most enjoyable consoles I've ever owned.

NarcissistZero
06-21-07, 12:54 AM
When the 360 has 5 or more games I want that I know will never come to PC I will get one... Last I checked it was sitting at one, Dead Rising.

MUYA
06-21-07, 01:34 AM
If you have the moolah ...go for it. Have a PC and console(s).

I aimt o geta xbox360 or ps3 next year when prices do down (hopefully) and more decent games are available

nVidi0t
06-21-07, 01:36 AM
360 is the best console I've owned. I bought mine last month and at first was on the wall about spending the money on it. Now I dont regret spending a CENT.

I plugged in the console, attached the wireless adapter, and within 5 minutes I was playing Castlevania on XBLA. Now THATS a system.

3DBrad
06-21-07, 02:02 AM
I'm about to send in my Xbox 360 AGAIN. This will be my FOURTH Xbox needing repairs!

I'd just get a Nintendo Wii and play on your PC.

The 360 is nice, but certainly doesn't replace the PC. I also had a PS3 too, sold it before losing too much money.

Subtestube
06-21-07, 02:21 AM
Just got a 360, and I'm incredibly happy with it. Moreso than I expected. I'll admit, I'm still a little circumspect regarding the high failure rate - I'm kind of hoping mine fails within the 1 yr warranty, but after the die shrink occurs.

Irrespective, I've not had this much fun gaming in aaaages. XBLA is awesome, as are Gears, Dead Rising and DOA 4 (the games I have so far). It's just fantastic.

Highly recommended.

MUYA
06-21-07, 02:33 AM
I have gamed on the Xbox360 and PS3...and love em...but for me finances I would have got them already. Instead I bought a c2d e4400, gigabute p35 mobo and 2 gb memory..along with a 8800 GTX :)

Stilll there is next year, I will get both :)

MowTin
06-21-07, 02:34 AM
The only reason I don't get an x360 is time. I barely have enough time to play my pc games. If I bought a x360 I'm sure my wife would kill me. :D

So, one consideration is time.

Another reason I'm reluctant is that I don't have a hi def tv. I couldn't stand playing a game knowing it would look so much better on hdtv.

The only think I miss about consoles is sports games.

3DBrad
06-21-07, 02:42 AM
The only reason I don't get an x360 is time. I barely have enough time to play my pc games. If I bought a x360 I'm sure my wife would kill me. :D

So, one consideration is time.

Another reason I'm reluctant is that I don't have a hi def tv. I couldn't stand playing a game knowing it would look so much better on hdtv.

The only think I miss about consoles is sports games.

Funny thing is, I have two HDTVs, yet I often hook up my 360 up to an extra LCD monitor I have with VGA cables ($40 from Microsoft, but good quality). :)

NarcissistZero
06-21-07, 02:47 AM
Time is indeed a factor... I love games and would love to play every great game there is, which means owning all the consoles for the exclusives, but honestly I don't even have the time to play all the PC games I want to.

HiCZoK4
06-21-07, 09:49 AM
Thx for interest. I have time-yes .The 5games is good idea. Let me think...
=Gears-As for now x36exlusive. I dont think it will come to pc soon and it will not work any faster than x360 on my 8800gts and e6300
=Call of Duty3-not for pc but there is cod4 for pc
=Dead rising-36 only
=Saints row=36 only
=crackdown=36 only
=burnout and fullauto=36 only

offcourse gears and cod3 are most important .AND gears come to pc in year or so....damn I don't known those other games are great but i can live without them :rolleyes:
also there is fight night3 ,dead or alive4 ,....I dont feel so convindced. Paying so much cash just to play games faster than on pc....hmmmm .Keep posting!!!

Tr1cK
06-21-07, 09:52 AM
Plus, don't forget any games you may have wanted to play on the original Xbox that are compatible with the 360.

HiCZoK4
06-21-07, 10:01 AM
The best argument is in past half year I am considering this and one of better games i played lately was halo2 :D

oh and btw. Will i be god with 30 standard tv and 17'crt ???
And do i need to purchase vga(or something to connec to crt) and gamepad wireless->wierd cables or are they added in premium box ?

Tr1cK
06-21-07, 10:07 AM
I would HIGHLY recommend widescreen.

HiCZoK4
06-21-07, 10:15 AM
I would HIGHLY recommend widescreen.
but if i get standard 4x3 then i will get cutted borders ?! or will the screen will be normal .post some pics or videos of games on standard crt or tv becouse i cannot find any on youtube.

Tr1cK
06-21-07, 10:31 AM
I don't know, but I've heard people say that 360 on SDTV looks a little better than Xbox 1.

Destroy
06-21-07, 10:43 AM
Got a good friend that is on his 6th 360!!! And just this morning another friend says his just died on him yesterday and they want $175 for a refurbished. He's 6 months past warranty period.