PDA

View Full Version : Crysis First Impressions (Playable Demo @ WSVG)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Monolyth
06-23-07, 09:58 AM
This game once everything is polished is going to RULE! I turned on strength and began leaping over enemies. I hopped in a jeep and started driving, and it's the little things you never notice until someone puts them into a game...As I drove under a tree the shadows morphed just as you thought it might through the windshield.

I then proceeded to ram the truck through a weak barn and destroyed it hehe. I then got out and got onto the MG on top the jeep and laid waste to the enemy units. A jeep came into the little village I was at, and I tried shooting at the tires one immediately popped off and the car came to a screeching halt. After dealing with the remaining numbers, a chopper spawned in and began to strafe me. So I pwned it with my MG.

BTW this is not a joke post, the demo is playable @ WSVG. I played it the first day I was here, we were one of the first groups in there. Crysis is will be setting a new bar in terms of features, and realism, this game is no longer vapour.

CaptNKILL
06-23-07, 10:10 AM
Lucky SOB. :D

I can't wait to play this game. :)

OWA
06-23-07, 10:11 AM
Yeah, lucky man! Thanks for the info. Sounds really impressive.

PaiN
06-23-07, 10:12 AM
....just a question?

How come there is nothing about this "playable Crysis demo" (a minor big deal ;) ) on the WSVG site in the forums?
http://www.thewsvg.com/

CaptNKILL
06-23-07, 10:23 AM
JuiceZ was there too. He posted about playing Crysis as well.

nutcrackr
06-23-07, 10:34 AM
this game was never vapour :D

esir
06-23-07, 10:56 AM
Thanks,it must be realy cool experience.

Monolyth
06-23-07, 10:57 AM
....just a question?

How come there is nothing about this "playable Crysis demo" (a minor big deal ;) ) on the WSVG site in the forums?
http://www.thewsvg.com/

Yeah we were surprised we went over to the Intel booth (that was still setting up when we got there) and saw Crysis.exe process is not responding...Hehe so we went into Task Manager ended the process and re-ran the exe, the demo wasn't huge, just the one mission, anyways one of my buddies will be fighting in Fight Night 3 here soon, so...I'll be back l8z. :)

Xion X2
06-23-07, 11:13 AM
What was it running on, and how was it running on it?

delas52
06-23-07, 12:09 PM
And was it dx10?

RAY16
06-23-07, 12:17 PM
I wish I could play it... :(

WeReWoLf
06-23-07, 12:54 PM
Take an 8Gb flashdrive, copy all of the game files onto it, then Zip them up nicely and PM me with a torrent link pls.

Madpistol
06-23-07, 01:50 PM
Take an 8Gb flashdrive, copy all of the game files onto it, then Zip them up nicely and PM me with a torrent link pls.

Haha! that would be the worst lawsuit of your life. :p

mcbacker
06-23-07, 02:06 PM
Could u check the machine's configuration??? Running under Vista? 32? 64?

Tell us!

MC

MowTin
06-23-07, 03:13 PM
Dude, your experience requires more than a couple of paragraphs. You have to write a full extensive first impressions commentary with subcategories like hardware, performance, resolution, directx mode, etc. :D

jAkUp
06-23-07, 03:14 PM
How was the performance and on what hardware? When I saw it at CES it ran pretty good on a single GTX.

Richteralan
06-23-07, 05:58 PM
hm......wonder why your description is very similar as one released Crysis HD gameplay video.:cool:

Riplayne
06-23-07, 06:03 PM
:rolleyes: Maybe because its the same demo??? :rolleyes: Someone sounds jelous

SlamDunk
06-23-07, 06:07 PM
How was the performance and on what hardware? When I saw it at CES it ran pretty good on a single GTX.
Seems like this is the exact same CES demo build.

nutcrackr
06-23-07, 07:02 PM
yeah does sound the same with the jeep and chopper coming out, too bad it wasn't something like from the new sandbox vids with tanks ;)

Richteralan
06-23-07, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes: Maybe because its the same demo??? :rolleyes: Someone sounds jelous
Why you get so tense?:D
I'm not getting jealous:D Maybe it's you;)

Even the same demo, there are MANY ways to PLAY it. ;)

SH64
06-23-07, 09:48 PM
Lucky dog!! just wait till i get my hands on it :D

centurie
06-23-07, 10:05 PM
sounds just another boring old FPS to me , the only thing that was diffrent was blowing a wheel of a car, well you can do that in faces of war, so nothing new there..................crises will be one big let down to all you fans of FP shooters........plus with a shelf life of just 10 hours it will be over before its realy began............can't you tell im a sporty sim/RTS player.......all FP shooters are the same ............boring

JasonPC
06-23-07, 10:12 PM
Someone sounds pessimistic.

FarCry was a really cool game and no doubt Crysis will keep to that style of play while adding more. To me there's nothing more satisfying than the stealth kills in FarCry with the silenced gun. From what I've seen Crysis will even make it a bit easier to do stealth kills. It is a shooter, it can only be so innovative. Not to mention that the suit the player wears can change the gameplay tremendously.

vert305
06-23-07, 10:15 PM
sounds just another boring old FPS to me , the only thing that was diffrent was blowing a wheel of a car, well you can do that in faces of war, so nothing new there..................crises will be one big let down to all you fans of FP shooters........plus with a shelf life of just 10 hours it will be over before its realy began............can't you tell im a sporty sim/RTS player.......all FP shooters are the same ............boring

Will someone please kick this guy out!!!! :headexplode: