PDA

View Full Version : I may have missed this...

Technoholic
06-24-07, 08:01 PM
DX10 is released?

And it's only for Vista, right?

I have 80GB Harddrive waiting to sell, but it's hard to sell with bent power pins which still works, and may be useful for Vista as well. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit. Or is it worth getting Vista 64bit?

I know/heard that Vista 64bit is better for gaming.

Additional question, since I have XP installed..and only recognizes less than 3GB of RAM. Is it still ok to use 4GB of RAM in XP even though it's limited, and will the system be stable?

daforce
06-25-07, 12:44 AM
DX10 is vista only.

32bit vista is better for almost everything ATM, the 64bit version of vista seems to have problems with alot of things.

XP usually only sees 3GB, there is no problem having 4 in there it just wont get used.
But the other question is do you really need 4GB in the first place. Unless you do lots of heavy 3D rendering I would think that 4GB is overkill.

crainger
06-25-07, 12:50 AM
Using 64 bit here. Working great so far. It really depends on your hardware. If you have some rare or older parts, then 64 bit might be an issue. Then again, Vista altogether might be an issue.

daforce
06-25-07, 12:55 AM
Hey crainger, you seem to like same and max :) you played the new 3d version?

crainger
06-25-07, 01:02 AM
Ofcourse! I had the whole Season Preordered. :D Can't wait for Season 2.

methimpikehoses
06-25-07, 01:14 AM
DX10 is released?

And it's only for Vista, right?

I have 80GB Harddrive waiting to sell, but it's hard to sell with bent power pins which still works, and may be useful for Vista as well. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit. Or is it worth getting Vista 64bit?

I know/heard that Vista 64bit is better for gaming.

Additional question, since I have XP installed..and only recognizes less than 3GB of RAM. Is it still ok to use 4GB of RAM in XP even though it's limited, and will the system be stable?

My x64 works well, but I never had XP on this rig so I don't have anything to compare it to. I like teh Vista.

/OT, are you still stuck beneath Yantar? :D

crainger
06-25-07, 01:15 AM
Yeah. I hope you made it out ok. :D

Technoholic
06-25-07, 12:18 PM
Ok, DX10 is for Vista only, but is it released? And I still don't have answer for 32bit or 64bit that which one is better? And I thought that Vista is a RAM hogging, isn't it? That's why I considered 4GB..

LOL, I got out of Yantar by only starting over. It was short to get to Yantar, but I finished the game. Unfortunately, I don't understand the game because there's no subtitle. I'm hard of hearing, and I rely on lip reading for my communication. Oh well...

fivefeet8
06-25-07, 03:34 PM
Ok, DX10 is for Vista only, but is it released?[/size][/i]

Dx10 should be included with Vista. On my fresh install of Vista 32bit dxdiag displays Dx10.

daforce
06-25-07, 09:52 PM
Vista is DX10, DX10 is vista.
You install vista, you get DX10. They are on and the same almost.. hahah (not really)
Without DX10 there is no vista. You cant have DX9 on vista.

So yes its out :)

Vista is ram hogging, but its a feature.. apprently. By putting more stuff in ram its meant to run faster. WHen you use a memory intensive app it gives the ram back.... apparently.

crainger:
I only started playing it the oither day, but its pretty damn cool. Brings back some great old memories. Still got the original sam and max box and discs at home lol

crainger
06-26-07, 02:37 AM
crainger:
I only started playing it the oither day, but its pretty damn cool. Brings back some great old memories. Still got the original sam and max box and discs at home lol

Yeah. I still have my original discs. Both the Floppy version AND CD. :D

daforce
06-26-07, 02:56 AM
Yeah. I still have my original discs. Both the Floppy version AND CD. :D

Hahaha now thats devotion!!

Wonder if toonstruck will ever be re-made in 3D, that would be sweet.