PDA

View Full Version : Tweektown review 8800 Ultra vs 2900xt

Athena
06-26-07, 10:02 AM
Has any one else read this review? I am amazed that sites can put out such poorly written crap and video card companies will keep sending them free items for review.
The guy that put this review together has about a 6th grade education as far as his English skills show, and that is me being nice. His conclusions fly in the face of the very numbers he shows in the graphs. I do not know what else to say, other than I will not be reading any more drivel and prattle from that site. :thumbdwn:

mRYellow
06-26-07, 10:12 AM
Has any one else read this review? I am amazed that sites can put out such poorly written crap and video card companies will keep sending them free items for review.
The guy that put this review together has about a 6th grade education as far as his English skills show, and that is me being nice. His conclusions fly in the face of the very numbers he shows in the graphs. I do not know what else to say, other than I will not be reading any more drivel and prattle from that site. :thumbdwn:

lol. Its TweakTown....

Athena
06-26-07, 02:26 PM
well if its known to be that bad I vote we no longer link to their site on our daily news on the front page. People come to nvnews for good info and then they click that link, it reflects poorly on this site as well.

Amuro
06-26-07, 09:20 PM
LOL, I only go to AnandTech for reviews.

Lfctony
06-26-07, 10:04 PM
Tweaktown sucks. The last time I visited was 4 years ago when they showed a 9600 Pro on par with a 9800 Pro. Consistently. They even "explained" why... Dumb f*cks.

SH64
06-26-07, 10:29 PM
It would've been nice if you included the URL ..

buffbiff21
06-26-07, 10:39 PM
It would've been nice if you included the URL ..
+1

though i think this is it

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1122/1/page_1_introduction/index.html

malachi1313
06-26-07, 10:40 PM
I trust www.techreport.com

SH64
06-26-07, 11:39 PM
Ok i read through the review quickly & it seems alright . i dont know what the OP has againest it :confused:
the numbers seems to be in order (2900XT scores improved with the 7.5 cats , see xbit review) ... my only take on it would be the non-usage of AA/AF generally which is kinda ridiculous when you consider the high-end cards used.

Athena
06-27-07, 08:53 AM
Yes no AA and AF and on all the charts where even the GTS is faster than the 2900XT he never mentions that, just that the 2900XT is close to the Ultra. Then his conclusion is that the 2900 is much faster than both the GTS and GTX reguardless of the numbers showing otherwise in his own graphs.

Sorry when I posted this the Tweaktown link was in the news links on the front page here so I saw no need to repost.

mRYellow
06-27-07, 09:30 AM
Yes no AA and AF and on all the charts where even the GTS is faster than the 2900XT he never mentions that, just that the 2900XT is close to the Ultra. Then his conclusion is that the 2900 is much faster than both the GTS and GTX reguardless of the numbers showing otherwise in his own graphs.

Sorry when I posted this the Tweaktown link was in the news links on the front page here so I saw no need to repost.

I agree with what u saying. 2900XT sucks when it come to AF and AA.