PDA

View Full Version : Meh, already bored with my Wii

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
06-27-07, 01:27 PM
I had fun the 4-5 times I sat down to play it, but now I can't even be bothered to game on it. It hasn't been touched in a week, and I've had it for less than a month.

I don't think its the fault of the system(not 100% at least), but merely lack of decent games. I also feel that the system is really Gimmicky. Playing on it makes me feel like I'm trading Pokemon' cards or collecting beanie baby's. Anyone else feel the same way?

/Wii needs Mario Kart
//Wii needs Deep Sea Fishing
///Wii needs Super Smash Brothers
////Wii needs Banjo Kazooi(never happening :( )

evilchris
06-27-07, 01:28 PM
What games do you have. I have Zelda and SMP 8.

buffbiff21
06-27-07, 01:30 PM
I don't think its the fault of the system(not 100% at least), but merely lack of decent games. I also feel that the system is really Gimmicky. Playing on it makes me feel like I'm trading Pokemon' cards. Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes. There are NO games for it.

What games do you have. I have Zelda and SMP 8.
Zelda = Gamecube port
SMP8 = pathetic rehash

Tygerwoody
06-27-07, 01:35 PM
Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, and Rapala Fishing are what I have.

So far, the WORST game(rapala fishing) is the only game I can probably still have fun with.

By WORST game, I mean this game is absolutely a peice of crap. If it wasnt for the Wii controller I would throw it in the garbage.

Super Paper Mario is boring as hell. I don't want to talk to a million ****ing people about who's favorite color will let me cross a bridge. I want to play the ****ing game. I have spent 3 hours on and am already considering selling it on craigslist. They went way too far with the "RPG" aspect of the game. This game is 1% Mario and 99% boring as hell.

Wii Sports is fun.... when you have friends over that have NEVER played the Wii(which.. good luck with that). Other than that its boring.

Wii Play.... see Wii Sports.

buffbiff21
06-27-07, 01:38 PM
:lol:

Good investment eh?

Wii sports is shyte. I would rather just play the real sport, and I would further prefer not even doing that, which is the precise reason I sit down on my ass to play a video game in the first place :lol:

|MaguS|
06-27-07, 01:39 PM
Told you that you should have gotten an X360 or PS3...

I only got a Wii for those key nintendo titles...

Tr1cK
06-27-07, 01:40 PM
I was seriously considering one until I seen the selection. I was thinking about getting Metal Slug for it, but I heard they screwed the controls with the motion sensing crap.

Tygerwoody
06-27-07, 01:43 PM
BTW, I rented Zelda. Wasted $8 bucks. Bored to tears. I hate Zelda. I always have. He looks like a gay emo in tights. If I want to see that, I'll just look at this picture http://a102.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_d152dfa39206e010e035dcc5f01afaa5.jpg

I guess I just don't get the whole Zelda fad. I didn't get it for regular NES, I don't get it now, and probably never will get it.

Acid Rain
06-27-07, 01:46 PM
Yeah, the Wii gave me a good 37 minutes entertainment. Untimately a very shallow experience for me once I got past the novelty of it. My favorite thing about the Wii, it is very well built. Very solid and of good build quality. If it packed a wallop technologically and used a control sceme that had some longevity in it for me, I'd have loved it.

|MaguS|
06-27-07, 01:46 PM
I like Zelda because there are too few action adventures like it. I think the Drakan series is better then Zelda even with their flaws. I just wish there were more games like these...

buffbiff21
06-27-07, 01:48 PM
I like Zelda because there are too few action adventures like it.
You're joking right?

Grab a SNES. There are mountains of LTTP clones.

Tr1cK
06-27-07, 01:49 PM
You're joking right?

Is SNES considered abandonware? If so, EMUs FTW!

|MaguS|
06-27-07, 01:49 PM
You're joking right?

Ok, I ment new 3D ones...

Tygerwoody
06-27-07, 01:50 PM
meh, i miss Banjo Kazooi. :(

Stupid Microsoft.

zoomy942
06-27-07, 01:50 PM
i agree that Zelda sucks, at least to me. it takes to dam long and im not interested in running all over the dam country side. i guess Guild Wars mapping has made me lazy.

anyway, i still play mine regularly. SMP8 is great, and wii sports is always fun. im excited for metroid. Rapala is pretty crappy, but again, its a decent sit on the coach and grab a few fish game. no more no less.

|MaguS|
06-27-07, 01:51 PM
meh, i miss Banjo Kazooi. :(

Stupid Microsoft.

Get a 360 and The Darkness to hold ya for the next Kazooi.

nekrosoft13
06-27-07, 01:53 PM
only reason why i want wii is the wii sport (or what ever its called)

nothing else on the system intrest me

buffbiff21
06-27-07, 01:59 PM
EMUs FTW!

|MaguS|
06-27-07, 02:00 PM
(lee63)

buffbiff21
06-27-07, 02:02 PM
For those of you who don't like Zelda series, you're either childishly impatient of you're not playing them right. The whole idea is to explore the world, find a barrier, find an item that overcomes the barrier, use item(s) to uncover secrets.

It's a foolproof forumla that works in many styles, but medieval sword-magic theme is the best.

For the old school ones, I feel so rewarded and accomplished being able to cruise around and shoot out blasts from my level-5 sword with my blue tunic.

Tr1cK
06-27-07, 02:03 PM
?

Tygerwoody
06-27-07, 02:06 PM
For those of you who don't like Zelda series, you're either childishly impatient or you're not playing them right.
or you just think the entire series sucks and the games don't fit your personality?

zoomy942
06-27-07, 02:07 PM
For those of you who don't like Zelda series, you're either childishly impatient of you're not playing them right. The whole idea is to explore the world, find a barrier, find an item that overcomes the barrier, use item(s) to uncover secrets.

It's a foolproof forumla that works in many styles, but medieval sword-magic theme is the best.

For the old school ones, I feel so rewarded and accomplished being able to cruise around and shoot out blasts from my level-5 sword with my blue tunic.

childishly impatient? thats a childish thing to say.

I just dont enjoy my 4 hours used to ride a horse from one place to another. some people like that, good for them, but i dont.

be respectful of others opinions

vert305
06-27-07, 02:08 PM
I had fun the 4-5 times I sat down to play it, but now I can't even be bothered to game on it. It hasn't been touched in a week, and I've had it for less than a month.

I don't think its the fault of the system(not 100% at least), but merely lack of decent games. I also feel that the system is really Gimmicky. Playing on it makes me feel like I'm trading Pokemon' cards or collecting beanie baby's. Anyone else feel the same way?

/Wii needs Mario Kart
//Wii needs Deep Sea Fishing
///Wii needs Super Smash Brothers
////Wii needs Banjo Kazooi(never happening :( )

I bought my Wii used from gamestop on a monday and had it up for sale on EBAY the following sunday!! ... I got bored fast!

I had Zelda and Wii Sports

I made 20bucks on the sale on ebay! ..
I used the money to add my 8800... so it worked out for the best! :D

nemecb
06-27-07, 02:23 PM
Incidentally, renting Zelda is a really bad idea. That game was painfully slow to get started and if you don't give yourself time to get past the beginning there's no way you'll like it.

That said, having finally finished it myself I'm not going to be in a big hurry to play another one. At least not without cheating and using a walkthrough. I just don't enjoy getting stuck for hours in the same place not even knowing for sure what they want me to do to continue.

As far as other games for Wii go, I personally have plenty that I want to at least try. Maybe I'll hate them all, but that seems unlikely. But then I still enjoy playing Wii Sports and Excite Truck, so as always YMMV.