PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts at bios

yuriz43
06-29-07, 04:03 AM
So I am setting up a new board.

MSI p35 Platinum.. I just put a Geforce 7600GT in the PCIe x16 slot.. There are two PCIe slots on this board btw, 1 x4 and 1 x16.

Anyways, when the card is in the X16 slot i get weird vertical line artifacts in the bios... If I use the x4 slot everything is fine... is this normal, or does my mboard have a bad PCIe slot? Or is my Evga Geforce 7600GT broken?

beardstroke
06-29-07, 04:06 AM
So I am setting up a new board.

MSI p35 Platinum.. I just put a Geforce 7600GT in the PCIe x16 slot.. There are two PCIe slots on this board btw, 1 x4 and 1 x16.

Anyways, when the card is in the X16 slot i get weird vertical line artifacts in the bios... If I use the x4 slot everything is fine... is this normal, or does my mboard have a bad PCIe slot? Or is my Evga Geforce 7600GT broken?

do the vertical lines go all the way through the screen?

There are two possibilities.. a problem with the video card's memory, or the motherboard's north bridge chip. Try another PCIX card if you can.

yuriz43
06-29-07, 05:33 AM
I'll get another one tomorow... I just tried to update the bios and it gave me an error when trying to do so.. I think it might be a bad motherboard...

I bought it from mwave and it seemed like it had been used =( there were signs of thermal grease and finger prints.... lol I did some CSI style investigating when i first opened it.

yuriz43
06-29-07, 08:56 AM
I don't have another PCIe card, however I put it in another system and got the same weird artifacts!!! This totally sucks.. I actually had it working for a while and was able to play some games, however since it was messed up in my other comp it must be messed up....

beardstroke
06-29-07, 02:41 PM
hmm, must be a bad card.. return it : )

you sure you flashed the correct model for your bios? what error did it return?

Libertysyclone
06-29-07, 02:57 PM
Its a bad card, although sometimes they work in other systems just fine. I have had a few loaner cards have this complaint.