PDA

View Full Version : This Is Really Bugging Me

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
06-29-07, 09:50 PM
Ive commented on the control panal not loading in the 100 series drivers in XP.

Ive used Driver Cleaner 1.5 pro to remove the remains in safe mode install the 158's 160's and now the 162's and when i click the cpl, it says normal or advanced and when i do, nothing at all no errors nothing just nothing.

WTF is going on? This isn't going to fare if i want to go above 90 series drivers. Im sure someone else is having this issue, oh yea someone at GURU3d had this and no one could help him either. WTF am i doing wrong installing these drivers?

Zenoth
06-29-07, 11:32 PM
The first time I click on Advanced Settings after installing any drivers I always have to wait around ten two fifteen seconds for some reasons. And then it's always smooth. Other than that, no problems here, it takes that amount of time before opening but it never refuses to do so.

Vasot02
06-30-07, 08:00 AM
No problem with me either
The driver panel works fine

it must be a specific problem with his PC or something corrupted with his OS

Unfortunately Format is the best friend in cases like this

Mr Bigman
06-30-07, 07:43 PM
Formatting is coming soon as i do it once a year. Am i supose to remove another file that driver cleaner isn't seeing before installing these new one?

Yaboze
06-30-07, 10:45 PM
Does the CP have any requirements like MS Framework 1.1 or something? I dunno, it works fine here.

Mr Bigman
07-01-07, 11:48 AM
I run the latest patches for everything on my system from game patches to os patches, and even patches only provided as call only's being Autopatcher, so i am otally updated here so there should be no reason to run CPL.

Elvin Presler
07-01-07, 02:58 PM
.Net is not a requirement. I don't run it at all and my CP works....as good as the new CP's ever work. I can't imagine what would cause it to fail for Bigman like that. Some bizarre system file change or something on his rig that occurred a long time ago or something I guess.

But this is a great time to mention using an imaging tool like Acronis True Image though. When I install Windows on a PC, I always get the basics up and running, then make an image of the drive just before installing games or applications that get updated a lot. If I ever have a problem or just feel my Windows has become "unclean" I use that image to restore it to a clean, fresh install in about 3 minutes flat.

I don't even install Acronis. I installed it once long ago before wiping out my Windows Install and used it to make the boot CD. After that I just use that Bootable CD to backup and restore.

Mr Bigman
07-01-07, 09:57 PM
Its really frustrating. The only way i will get drivers above 100 series to work is start over. Damn that blows.

I do run the stardoc package with all the goodies to enhance desktop envirement, maybe that could be doing it.

weeds
07-02-07, 12:47 PM
Your not alone Mr.Bigman, I have the same problem. CP wont work for me either with any 1xx series of drivers. The only way I can get it to open is to install the 1xx series on top of the 93.81. Not really the proper way to do it.:thumbdwn: Guess I will reformat this week sometime.

Mr Bigman
07-02-07, 01:46 PM
I think there is a file not being deleted from the old package. I could conflict with the new cpl. Im going to look into this more closely.

TierMann
07-02-07, 01:53 PM
I could conflict with the new cpl. Im going to look into this more closely.

Put your shirt back on. Maybe it's hiding from you?

daforce
07-03-07, 11:02 PM
I had this problem initially with the 97.XX drivers when I first bought my 8800GTX.
The only way I could get it to install the control panel was to use a modified INF file.

If you have a search thru the forums im sure you could dig something up and then modify your INF to work.
Actually one sec might be able to find the thread for you...
ok these 2 threads should help you.. primarily the 1st one..

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79968
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84894

See how you go.

Mr Bigman
07-03-07, 11:33 PM
None of those 2 threads really helped. All i want is to right click see nvidia control panal, click it and have it popup., but no i have to suffer with these fricken 90 series drivers until i reformat which is a bitch to do.

Im sure there is a fix to why i can't get the cpl to popup in front of me.

daforce
07-03-07, 11:45 PM
Ahh right so it doesnt pop up at all.
Its not that its empty its that it just doesnt appear??

right with you know.. sorry.. long day :(

SemperFi
07-03-07, 11:47 PM
This has happened to me before. Oddly after I rebooted and went into desktop properties and manually changed the screen resolution the CP worked fine after that.

john19055
07-06-07, 02:40 AM
I thought it needed DotnetFx 2.0 for the control pannel to work right .I have dotnetfx 2.0 installed ,I don't know if I need it or not ,but I have no problems with my contol pannel at all.but I also have Ntune installed too.

Mr Bigman
07-06-07, 08:00 PM
Well still does it with 162.18's. I installed Ntune and it loads when i load the nvidia control panal. But the problem is i don't get all the settings for GPU's liike SLI and game profiles. Just the tabs on the left. I do get the clock frequencey changer and fan settings though.

john19055
07-07-07, 10:04 AM
The game profiles does not have that drop down box ,like it did with the 90's drivers ,but it still works just fine ,you just go to the manage 3D settings,and choose program settings and high light the game you want and set the settings ever how you want them and hit apply and it works ,it just does not have the drop down box at the top of Global Settings like it did in the 90's drivers for a game profile.

Mr Bigman
07-07-07, 12:51 PM
Thats just the point, i don't get none of that settings. I installed the newest betas and still got no cpl. So i installed Ntune and got the cpl but only the stuff from Ntune, none of the other stuff so its like the CPl just has an entry in the menu and nothing with it. I went back to 90 series and use Ntune and see all kinds of stuff in there.

grey_1
07-07-07, 01:25 PM
I haven't had any issues since I began uninstalling from the device manager, then manually cleaning leftover NV bits in the system32 folder before installing new drivers.

FnFGot wrote a neat little version of a driver cleaner also.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91371

Mr Bigman
07-07-07, 02:16 PM
How do these guys know how to re write programs like this or make them? He must be a coder or guy who knows math., I have no clue what to do with coding but i will give it a try and see what it gets rid of.

So driver cleaner latest version doesn't get rid of everything?

grey_1
07-07-07, 05:30 PM
How do these guys know how to re write programs like this or make them? He must be a coder or guy who knows math., I have no clue what to do with coding but i will give it a try and see what it gets rid of.

So driver cleaner latest version doesn't get rid of everything?
I've never noticed a difference using it or not using it (driver cleaner), although I can confirm one of the versions caused me major grief. It removed something it wasn't supposed to. That's the last time I used it.

SLippe
07-08-07, 12:33 PM
Mr Bigman, try this...

- Uninstall current drivers via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > NVIDIA drivers > Display drivers only.
- Reboot
- Run Driver Cleaner Pro using the Cab Cleaner first! Then run the NVIDIA filter next.
- Reboot
- Install new NVIDIA drivers.
- Reboot

See if that helps any. That's the way I've been doing it lately and I haven't had any problems. Good luck.

Mr Bigman
07-08-07, 01:21 PM
I already do that. Still nothing, Another thing that bugs me is im using Ntune know and when i set the oc timings abit higher, that default back when i reboot. I even run the test too before applyhing the overclocks 460 to 485 1300 to 1350. Hell i can't even install quickcam 11 drivers from logitech, they give me runtime error during setup.

I think there is something wrong with the setup but everything runs great though.

Mr Bigman
07-09-07, 03:44 PM
Could using windowblinds from stardock effect an install since it uses hyperpaint enabled? I can turn it off so it doesn't use videocard resources. Maybe that will help fix the problem installing newer drivers.