PDA

View Full Version : PS3 1.82 firmware update is out.

Amuro
06-29-07, 11:22 PM
http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates?ILC-%3Cbr%20/%3EPS3_1304&LINK=PS3SU

Digital_Trans
06-30-07, 02:19 AM
http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates?ILC-%3Cbr%20/%3EPS3_1304&LINK=PS3SU

Got it! Nice update! It just keeps on getting better for my PS3! :captnkill:

nVJoe
07-01-07, 07:43 PM
All it did was upgrade a few things. There is nothing special in this update.

|MaguS|
07-01-07, 08:21 PM
All it did was upgrade a few things. There is nothing special in this update.

Um new codec support for playback is pretty dam nice in my opinion...

Amuro
07-01-07, 09:08 PM
Yeah, it's not a major update. But it fixed the annoying RGB Full range keeps resetting bug, so I'm happy.

nVJoe
07-01-07, 10:17 PM
Um new codec support for playback is pretty dam nice in my opinion...
What does that have to do with playing games or giving it a good online experience. Don't get me wrong, I want a PS3. I just don't get how this just makes the PS3 better.

crainger
07-01-07, 10:26 PM
What does that have to do with playing games or giving it a good online experience. Don't get me wrong, I want a PS3. I just don't get how this just makes the PS3 better.

Well for guys like me it helps as I plan to use my PS3 as the main go to machine for HTPC playback. I'm yet to try this using Nero etc, but I'm assuming the ability to playback a bunch of different codecs will make my life easier. No need to convert or play with messy streaming like on the 360.

Although I'm not sure how the PS3 menu will handle a bunch of videos. Doesn't look like it's as nice as Media Centre or XBMC.

nVJoe
07-01-07, 10:27 PM
I guess ur right. I'm the type that just uses my consoles for games only.

|MaguS|
07-01-07, 10:27 PM

Because the PS3 can do more then just play games, yes its a game console but it has other features that in my opinion are better then any other system can provide for its price.

Other then The Darkness, my PS3 lately has been used for streaming video content.

If you want a system just to play games then get a Wii, X360 and PS3 are aimed for being well rounded (with the PS3 lacking in the game department till August ;) ).

nVJoe
07-01-07, 10:28 PM
Because the PS3 can do more then just play games, yes its a game console but it has other features that in my opinion are better then any other system can provide for its price.

Other then The Darkness, my PS3 lately has been used for streaming video content.

If you want a system just to play games then get a Wii, X360 and PS3 are aimed for being well rounded (with the PS3 lacking in the game department till August ;) ).
Tru Dat! That is why I haven't bought one yet. I'll get one but it is just a matter of when.

|MaguS|
07-01-07, 10:28 PM
crainger , The XMB handles tons of videos just fine. My list is over 2000 strong and it has no issue. :)

crainger
07-01-07, 10:47 PM
crainger , The XMB handles tons of videos just fine. My list is over 2000 strong and it has no issue. :)

That's good news. I'll try setting up some shares once I get my house back. (Currently invaded by a heap of my gf's friends for a week and my PC is now being used as a Facebook/Myspace update station...)