PDA

View Full Version : HOw to fix this god forsaken nvlddmkm.sys. error

Umx26
07-01-07, 01:27 AM
Please for the love of god someone say they Found a stable method of fixing this.. I have tried about every set of drievrs i can get my hands on im up to 158.45 for vista.. I have done the expand method in cmd nothing. i have download every set of drivers never, i have tried disabling UAc nothing. anyone else got ideas bc im all out..
i have a evga 680i motherboard, and a 8800 gtx , Kingtsne hyper x pc9600 2 gigs,sata 500gig hd,

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4117/wfdsfajk4.jpg

8800gtsfan
07-01-07, 01:50 AM
hey if you know so much about writing drivers, why don't you write your own then

Apparently we are supposed to start writing our own drivers for the 8800s now. :p

Hapatingjaky
07-01-07, 02:03 AM
Honestly, I have never had this issue ever...

But after comparing notes on NZONE, NVNEWS, RAGE3D and OCZ forums I'd suggest under clocking your memory. Try it at DDR2 800MHz speeds with voltage set accordingly and timings.

Alot of people experiencing this issue it comes down to memory issues with timings and voltage problems with certain chipsets. This is what I've gathered, you could give it a shot and see what happens.

SLippe
07-04-07, 12:42 PM
And how 'bout posting this in the Vista Drivers section next time? ;)

Vasot02
07-05-07, 03:15 PM
Drivers install fine

These is a specific problem that has to do with your system only and not with the Forceware drivers

parecon
07-06-07, 11:42 PM
It has to do with the drivers. I just built my system 2 days ago and got this error trying to play Lost Planet. In those 2 days I've read 5 novels of forum posts all over the internet of people with the same problem. It has been happening for 5 months now without a fix. I've read too many posts where people have sent their gfx card in for an rma only to get it back with the same problem...

When the error happens to me, it says something like "nvlddmkm.sys has recovered from an error, the display driver has been recovered".

Numerous drivers and self test I can't fix it. So I guess, like everyone, just play the waiting game until Nvidia finds a fix for it. So bogus though, I built this nice rig for gaming and I can't even play games. Well, I can play the cool Vista games...

Running Vista 32 bit here...

HelpU206
09-02-07, 02:50 AM
Okay after long last I have found a real fix for the NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR. I have spent tons of hours reading articles and forums. This is what will work for everyone. I have 3 computers in my house all with different Nvidia cards and different versions of Vista. Quick run down.

COMP 1
Dual Xeon 2.8
Geforce 6800 Ultra
Vista 32
2 Gigs Ram

COMP 2
AMD 64 FX-2
Dual Geforce 7900 GTX
2 Gigs Ram

COMP 3
Quad Core 2.4
8800 GTX
2 Gigs Ram

They all suffered the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys error. But I HAVE A SOLUTION! It doesnt involve changing ram or altering bios. You need to find a way to disable these features:

-Enable per-user virtual file and registry.
-Automatically trigger an eleveation request for setup
-Switch to the secure desktop to display elevation request for setup programs
-Programs that access other programs' interfaces must be installed to a secure location

If you cant find these settings there is a GREAT company that makes software. Same company that developed Dreamscene. If you need the program and feel like the company should get some credit PM or email me (yunyoungjo@comcast.net) and I will provide the link and name of the software.

INSTRUCTIONS AFTER ACQUIRING THE SOFTWARE

Its called *******. After you get that program goto the [Security] than [Advanced] tab. Uncheck all the security boxes. WARNING THIS WILL REDUCE THE SECURITY OF YOUR SYSTEM. But you have to decide to use my computer or have a useless computer that gets the driver stopped responding error. I promise you this will work. I have ran the program and done this to all three of my computers and they work great !! Now hopefully they fix it so I can put the security back. Its so beautiful computing without NVLD.

roverXE
09-06-07, 10:46 PM
-Automatically trigger an eleveation request for setup
-Switch to the secure desktop to display elevation request for setup programs

Huh?

Mercilesssyrus
09-06-07, 11:08 PM
If you have your GPU clock speeds overclocked to much it will crash the driver, pretty much tells me my limit on what my card can handle.

DarkJedi664
09-06-07, 11:19 PM
There are people who are not overclocking anything and still getting this error.

Mercilesssyrus
09-07-07, 06:35 AM
I uynderstand this I was just letting people know what was causing my driver to give me the error, I also wonder if some people do not have enough case ventilation and their cards are overheating? Just a thought, and also Helpu206 posted a message about an elevation request, and how to trigger it, that is done by running programs as admin, meaning if u have an admin account and have UAC on you have to right clcik and run as admin, if u have admin account and have it turned off then you dont have to worry about it, I also do hope they find a solution to this problem soon, not for me personally, but for all those other avid gamers that are experiencing this issue

sjh220
09-11-07, 07:12 AM
only way i found was to reset cpu and memory to defaults, a patch on vista seems to affect way it deals with memory, now my pc runs all games fine, prior to this bioshock would last less than 10 mins before error

will now try increasing cpu/ ram settings and test to get best overclock, vista cannot at present tolerate same overlock that xp can

hope that helps

ps xfx 8800 ultra running at stock 675/2300 fine so not heat issue or driver issue running latest 163 at present prior to altering timings all drivers from 158 upwards caused error

winton
09-11-07, 10:22 AM
I only got this error when I flashed my mobo to a beta bios. A reflash back to my previous bios fixed the issue.

I've read somewhere that having your memory linked to your fsb helps.

Monolyth
09-11-07, 11:45 AM
I used to get this error when I ran the DreamScene preview for Vista, I no longer d/l that "extra".

dmess
05-19-09, 05:12 AM
Hey there, maybe i've got a solution.
It worked on my machine anyway.

During the installation of Microsoft Windows 7 Beta, i firstly tried to update xp to win 7.
After the setup was loaded the machine restarted and before the login-screen of win 7 my video chrashed (Nvidia G-force 6200).

i did a rollback so i had win xp back.
I rebooted and started the win 7 setup from DVD.
Made a partition and let it go.
When win whould go to the login, same story (BSOD: NVLDDMKM.SYS)
Allso on the screen was a line that says "Physical Memory Dump"

So, here's how to fix it: (nana2)
First of all, go to your bios and select AGP-Memogy.
Set it to the same value as your video adapter has on memory.
Exit and safe setup.

Go to the (Multibooth in my case) or the startup from windows 7.
Now press "F8"
You will get the options menu and select "safemode with networking"
If everything go's well you'ill be at safemode now.

Hit the menu, select "control panel"
Go to "Hardware and Sound" then Device Manager. (on top-right of the screen)

Now select your display adapter (in my case Nvidia G-force 6200) and Disable it.
Now reboot to the normal windows 7.

You will get in it now but the display will not be @ good quality.
Now you download the WMD drivers (xp drivers) from Nvidia.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24_2.html (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24_2.html)

Download an install.
Now select "control panel"
Go to "Hardware and Sound" then Device Manager again and right-click on your display adapter (Nvidia)
Hit update driver and install the driver by selecting it using the browse button.
(most common forder = C:\NVIDIA)
Now restart and you're done.

When this is working, you can do an update by microsoft,
Or install newest drivers by downloading them from the Nvidia-site:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

This is what worked for me.

Greetz D*MESS

Pentium 2.4 GHz
2 GB Kingston ddr-1
Maxtor STM380211A S-ATA
Nvidia G-force 6200 (using Double Display)
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
ESI Keycontrol 49

ragingWS6
05-19-09, 09:59 AM
I used to get this error when I ran the DreamScene preview for Vista, I no longer d/l that "extra".
This happened for me as well. I don't download that anymore either.

Although, I did start getting it very often with my 2 8800GTXs that I RMA'd replaced them both with XFX GTX260 XXX cards and I never had the problem again.