PDA

View Full Version : I went out for Milk...

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
07-01-07, 11:05 PM
and came back with a PS3. :D

Due to the failure of HD-DVD here in AU, I went out a grabbed a PS3. I didn't want to spend $1500AUD on a dedicated player. So I saw EB had a bundle. $1000 for a PS3 plus 2 games. Seemed ok to me. So I thought why not. Had a bunch of birthday cash from family. So on my morning trip to get milk for a house full of women who needed coffee (My gf has a heap of her friends up for uni holidays), I stopped at EB, grabbed the PS3, Resistence and I traded the 2nd game for another controller. My mate James served me so he threw in extended warranty, blu-ray remote and a little HDMI switch (not using it, but it might come in handy).

Got it home, had a few weird issues getting the optical out to work with my switch, but in the end it intergrated just fine into my setup. Played a little Resistence, great looking game BTW, little light on the gameplay, but I've only played an hour or so. Downloaded a few demos, Motorstorm is awesome, my gf loves Lemmings, GTHD looks amazingly good (well the intro atleast). I also watched Enter the Dragon on BD. It looked great. The DVD upscaling is nice, so I pulled out my old Sony 5 DVD changer and I'll stick with the PS3 for now.

I'm really surprised with the overall quality of the hardware and software. It's a little more complex than the 360, but that's no problem for me. I also love the fact it's silent.

Now I have a bunch of PS2 games to buy. God of War and Buzz are at the top of the list.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 360 and most of my gaming will be done on the 360. But I now understand what Sony aimed to do with the PS3. Too me it really seems like the PS3 is more of a Xbox2 than the 360 is. :wtf:

P.S. I never did get the milk...

|MaguS|
07-01-07, 11:13 PM
lol

You gotta get The Darkness, its such a great game... and Tekken DR so I can whoop ya when the Online Patch releases.

crainger
07-01-07, 11:17 PM
Picked up The Darkness yesterday. Got the 360 version. I need the achievement points and it's a rather easy game. :D

As for Tekken. I've never played it more than a couple hours in my life. So your predicted whooping would be correct.

Saintster
07-01-07, 11:27 PM
I'm torn on replacing my 360 or getting a ps3. i don't use the internet capabilities with these new consoles I just want to play games. My thing is stability,I don't trust the xbox 360 and I know the ps3 is library limited but I feel ripped off by MS because my 600.00 plus console died after 1 year. I'm leaning towards the ps3 side of things.Enjoy your ps3

|MaguS|
07-01-07, 11:27 PM
If you want a free copy just PM me, I will give you access to my PSN Account and you can just download it to your PS3. You can play it under your own PSN Account (I got Warhawk from Badboy like that).

Odral
07-01-07, 11:36 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. I'am really enjoying my PS3 for the movies and games. recently picked up the Darkness and what a great game. I'am thinking about getting tekken as well I used to play that so much before.

Bman212121
07-01-07, 11:38 PM
Very cool news. :) You'll have to tell us your PSN name so we can add you to the buddy list.

crainger
07-01-07, 11:57 PM
Very cool news. :) You'll have to tell us your PSN name so we can add you to the buddy list.

Thanks guys, I would be enoying my purchase right now if I wasn't at work...

Posted in the ID sticky thread, but incase you are lazy. My PSN name is... crainger! I know it makes no sense, but I was feeling saucy at the time. :captnkill:

I was actually tempted to use |MagNuS| :p

Bman212121
07-02-07, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys, I would be enoying my purchase right now if I wasn't at work...

Posted in the ID sticky thread, but incase you are lazy. My PSN name is... crainger! I know it makes no sense, but I was feeling saucy at the time. :captnkill:

I was actually tempted to use |MagNuS| :p

Nope, I'm not lazy, I saw it after I posted this, so I already sent you an invite. :D

crainger
07-02-07, 12:03 AM
Nope, I'm not lazy, I saw it after I posted this, so I already sent you an invite. :D

Oh I have buddies!!!

Will add everyone once I'm home from work. :D

Will also have to sort out a wired connection. My routers wireless is less than stable. :( Might just pull the Xbox's connection for the time being.

crainger
07-02-07, 12:39 AM
The answer is clear over this way. BD is outselling HD-DVD 9 to 1. Yup it's that bad. All the local stores who stocked HD-DVD have told me they aren't getting anymore in, Blu-Ray has made it's mark in Australia.

I'm not to upset, the few BD titles I've seen have looked great. Although I do checkout reviews to make sure. I know to stay clear of the BD versions of Fifth Element and Full Metal Jacket for example (Heard they look no better than the DVD versions).

Bad_Boy
07-02-07, 05:16 AM
Congrats. :cool:

If you get a chance, make sure you pick up Superstardust HD and resistance map packs (especially with the new international servers).

Marvel_us
07-02-07, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to add you since I have to study this week but feel free to send me an add.

nekrosoft13
07-02-07, 10:47 AM
Milk would be much better choice

ENU291
07-02-07, 10:55 AM
Milk would be much better choice:eek: :nono:

:D

3DBrad
07-02-07, 11:00 AM
Great site for Blu Ray movie stuff,

http://forum.blu-ray.com/
:)

nekrosoft13
07-02-07, 11:59 AM
:eek: :nono:

WHAT!!, i like my milk :captnkill:

Destroy
07-02-07, 12:09 PM
The PS3 with its firmware updates and finally some games coming out is finally showing its true form.

Only thing I REALLY hate about the PS3 is the horrible lack of FSAA. Most games are really jaggy. Why don't they do at least 2XAA??

Destroy
07-02-07, 12:09 PM
Odd double post. ???

|MaguS|
07-02-07, 12:37 PM
The PS3 with its firmware updates and finally some games coming out is finally showing its true form.

Only thing I REALLY hate about the PS3 is the horrible lack of FSAA. Most games are really jaggy. Why don't they do at least 2XAA??

Most games have atleast 2xAA from what I have noticed, some are 4xAA like Resistance.

DiscipleDOC
07-02-07, 01:18 PM
When you get a chance, craing, add me. Pick up Madden '07 so I can destroy j00! :p

crainger
07-02-07, 06:07 PM
Do they even sell Madden in Australia? Wait I think I heard someone ask for it the day I bought my PS3...

Only Gridiron I've seen is the Superbowl on SBS, even then it's just an excuse to get drunk and wonder at the strange games you guys play. :D

Also I've noticed a little jaggyness, but nothing that ruins the game. I only see it because I'm used to 16AA on my PC. :D

@nekrosoft... :rant: (pb) :wonder:

nekrosoft13
07-02-07, 06:14 PM
Do they even sell Madden in Australia? Wait I think I heard someone ask for it the day I bought my PS3...

Only Gridiron I've seen is the Superbowl on SBS, even then it's just an excuse to get drunk and wonder at the strange games you guys play. :D

Also I've noticed a little jaggyness, but nothing that ruins the game. I only see it because I'm used to 16AA on my PC. :D

@nekrosoft... :rant: (pb) :wonder:

haha :D

yeah that probably what spoiled me, and why i returned the 360 after 3 weeks.

nrdstrm
07-02-07, 08:16 PM
When you get a chance, craing, add me. Pick up Madden '07 so I can destroy j00! :p

Is Madden 08 coming out soon? If it is, then I'd rather wait. I'm doing the same with Tiger Woods (08 comes out in August, so no need to buy 07 now)...If it's not coming out before next year, then I'll pony up for some 07, practice for a month,then DESTROY j00!!!!! :P

Marvel_us
07-02-07, 08:23 PM
I think Madden comes out the end of August or something like that. So yea it's pretty soon.