PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it buying a PS2 for these 3 games

saguy
07-02-07, 05:39 AM
I am seriously considering buying a PS2 to just for these games and was wondering if it would be worth it.

Final Fantasy XII
Metal Gear Solid 2, Substance
Shadow of the Colossus

The only issue is that I am used to HD graphics as a already own a 360 and a top end PC so I am hoping that the graphics downgrade won't be too much of an issue. Hopefully the art direction and gameplay should make up for it. Also would you recommend using a component cable for the best image quality?

I did buy a Gamecube just to play Resident Evil 4 and a Zelda game- when finished I sold it.

Namrok
07-02-07, 07:00 AM
Yeah sure it'd be worth it. I still play my PlayStation 2 (Legacy of Kain Defiance these days) alongside my 360. The graphics on the PS2 really don't bother me at all. But then again, lots of people are bothered by the older graphics now that they've gotten used to the HD, so really its about personal preference. Worst that can happen is you sell it and end up losing the difference, about $50-100, unless you can sell it for exactly what you bought it for, maybe if you buy from a friend or something.

Mr. Hunt
07-02-07, 07:55 AM
It would be worth it for those games (+ Metal Gear Solid 3, - Final Fantasy XII which sucks donkey balls).

NaitoSan
07-02-07, 08:29 AM
Mr. Hunt likes to suck donkey balls it seems. :P kidding, kidding.

Final Fantasy XII is one of best FF games, IMO. So go and get it. Three titles' great also get God of Wars and the sequel.

saguy
07-02-07, 08:48 AM
I have been checking the reviews of FF XII and it gets very high scores. God of war I know very little about so I will read up.

Mr. Hunt
07-02-07, 09:11 AM
Mr. Hunt likes to suck donkey balls it seems. :P kidding, kidding.

Final Fantasy XII is one of best FF games, IMO. So go and get it. Three titles' great also get God of Wars and the sequel.

One of the best if you like
A.) Penis
B.) FFIX
C.) Both

|MaguS|
07-02-07, 09:24 AM
One of the best if you like
A.) Penis

Suprised you didn't like it then...

Mr. Hunt
07-02-07, 09:53 AM
Suprised you didn't like it then...

Surprised you can't spell correctly OMG LAWL U FINAL FANTAZY SHILL!

|MaguS|
07-02-07, 09:59 AM
Surprised you can't spell correctly OMG LAWL U FINAL FANTAZY SHILL!

evilchris, that you?

ENU291
07-02-07, 10:26 AM
Shadow of the Colossus is an awesome titile. Definitely pick that up! :thumbsup:

NaitoSan
07-02-07, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah, get ICO too if you can.