PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Sigma 9.3 @ IGN

Pages : [1] 2

1337_Like_ThaT
07-03-07, 06:04 AM
Who is going to be picking up this title ? Just saw the video review of it and it looks amazing as to what is beyond the demo. It received a 9.3 rating @ IGN, which I believe makes it the current highest rated PS3 game. Good stuff, I played through the demo at least 6 times and couldn't get enough of it. Releases today! (nana2)

Mr. Hunt
07-03-07, 07:08 AM
Was originally going to buy it tomorrow, but probably will end up waiting for the weekend... gotta work all week anyway and don't want to deprive myself of sleep I need :\.

Marvel_us
07-03-07, 09:11 AM
I must have played the demo over 50 times.....I'm not exaggerating either.:o

I have a quiz this week so I'll probably hold out for now. Definitely picking it up sooner or later though.

LurkerLito
07-03-07, 09:13 AM
I am going to pick it up today. I was still playing the demo last night.

DiscipleDOC
07-03-07, 09:43 AM
I will be picking this up next week! ;)

Marvel_us
07-03-07, 10:28 AM
I actually saw a commercial on TV for it last night. Hopefully Sony marketing are getting their acts together.

tornadog
07-03-07, 12:09 PM
I will pick it up when my local CC has it in stock, so I can use my 20 off 20 in Games and accessories coupon...mmmmm

LurkerLito
07-03-07, 02:23 PM
Just picked it up :). If you want BB has a printable 10% off coupon here:
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/external/emailpdf/062607_4th_july_coupons.pdf

There is a misprint on the coupon it is suppose to say excludes new release DVD and Video game software but it says Video game Hardware. So the cashier gave me the 10% :)

Edit: If you choose to install it takes about 10 minutes to do it and eats about 3.3GB of HD space.

muaddib
07-03-07, 04:04 PM
I have played the original Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX, BLACK, and now this. I can wholeheartedly say that Ninja Gaiden Sigma is the best way to experience Ninja Gaiden - one of the best, hardest games ever made and a definitive example to a modern classic.

Dr.Nick
07-04-07, 10:10 AM
This game kicks my ass...

..but I like it!:D

Amuro
07-04-07, 11:30 AM
Would if I have time to play it.

ENU291
07-04-07, 01:06 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox was brutal in the difficulty department. Hopefully the game was tamed down for the PS3. I know alot of people that walked away from Ninja Gaiden because of this.

pakotlar
07-04-07, 02:51 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox was brutal in the difficulty department. Hopefully the game was tamed down for the PS3. I know alot of people that walked away from Ninja Gaiden because of this.

On normal it was perfect. Didn't actually find it all that hard. Never tried the higher difficulty.

LurkerLito
07-04-07, 02:51 PM
I never actually played NG:Black, I did play the normal NG, but the Sigma is about the same difficulty as I remember the regular NG was. I don't think it is impossible (well so far) and I am on chapter 8.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-04-07, 08:41 PM
wasnt gaiden xbox games from the beginning and now no gaiden for 360 weird IMO well good PS3 get some nice titles i was going PS3 since i heard of it but 360 got me first and i canīt afford a PS3 so i am **** out of luck

slick
07-04-07, 08:49 PM

Oh god that's one of the reasons I get the game. I can always rely on this game to kick my ass so much harder than any other. I actually feel like I've accomplished something when I kill a boss. Hell I feel like I've accomplished something when I perfectly tear through 3 enemies.

six_storm
07-05-07, 10:58 AM
Ninja Gaiden was a tough game. Fortunately, I went back to work last night to see that we were having a 50% off sale so I got NG for XBOX for around $4.50. Maybe this time around I can actually beat it.

tornadog
07-05-07, 11:10 AM
so is it as difficult as the xbox version? Thats the main reason, I stopped playing after the tutorial level.

LurkerLito
07-05-07, 11:52 AM
so is it as difficult as the xbox version? Thats the main reason, I stopped playing after the tutorial level.

I am on chapter 14 now and I think the difficulty is about the same, but in some areas I thought the xbox (original NG not Black version) was harder. I might think this way now because when I played the original NG I was using the crappy original Xbox controller (the gigantic one) and I was never really happy with it's button response. I had a hard time doing some of the moves and the counters that I can do now almost at will.

If you can't play the demo version to the end on normal, I'd say you're probably going to stop playing the game since it gets harder than that later. I'd say right now the difficulty is somewhere between hard and very hard on the demo because of the toughness of some of the enemies and their tactics.

Marvel_us
07-05-07, 12:48 PM
For everyone who thinks it's too hard, why don't you try playing on Ninja Dog Difficulty?

six_storm
07-05-07, 01:22 PM
For everyone who thinks it's too hard, why don't you try playing on Ninja Dog Difficulty?

Hehe . . . NG is a challenge for sure. I think you just gotta get warmed up and play for a long period of time in order to achieve anything.

Marvel_us
07-05-07, 01:53 PM
Yea it takes some time to get your feel for the game. I remember when I first started playing the demo...I kept doing the same moves over and over. Eventually I learned how to mix it up but I'm still far from where I want to be. My defense needs to improve.

LurkerLito
07-05-07, 02:54 PM

Ninja dog difficulty? I don't remember seeing anything other difficulty besides normal, hard, very hard, and master ninja.

Marvel_us
07-05-07, 06:22 PM
It's not a selectable option. You have to get your ass handed to you enough and the game will automatically ask you if you would like to try playing on Ninja Dog Difficulty.

Badboy_12345
07-06-07, 03:38 AM
I played it 3 years ago :lol:
didnt finish it but got really far.. I wanted to break every thing in my apartment a couple of times through the game :bleh:

The worst thing was the save points... :banghead: