PDA

View Full Version : Need help building a new rig...

kam03
07-04-07, 08:28 PM
I'm planning on building a new system but i need to know if i should wait for the new Intel chipset, CPU and price cuts.

I'm going to buy a screen as well but I'm waiting for DELL 2407WFP-HC screen to be released in UK; anyone know the release date?

My aim is to build a new system at the beginning of August. Anything good coming out in August?

Thanks

stncttr908
07-05-07, 09:50 AM
A new system in addition to what you've currently got? Are you looking for something as powerful or just a internet browsing machine? I'd definitely wait for the CPU price cuts, but probably not the X38 chipset, especially if you're looking to build next month.

kam03
07-05-07, 11:15 AM
A new system in addition to what you've currently got? Are you looking for something as powerful or just a internet browsing machine? I'd definitely wait for the CPU price cuts, but probably not the X38 chipset, especially if you're looking to build next month.

Looking to buy the best i can get; money is not an issue.

This system is being sold today. When is the X38 chipset being released and isit worth waiting for or shell i just go for the P35 chipset?

Thanks

kam03
07-08-07, 08:17 PM
anyone?