PDA

View Full Version : Overlord - Great fun!

Peoples-Agent
07-05-07, 09:15 AM
Not sure if we already got a thread going for Overlord, but thought it deserved a mention.

Excellent fun , I didn't expect much from it but it's suprisingly great so far. Has that comedic Dungeon Keeper feel to it but the randomness is what makes it.

Walking through a village I had supposedly saved from the midgets and I heard "Im going to name a pumpkin after you" in a strong cornish accent. (lee63)

Probably the first cartoonesque type game i've enjoyed in years.

Q
07-05-07, 09:28 AM
So far, its a ton of fun! I'm not sure how much longevity its going to have, but its pretty fun from the get-go. Tons of character.

Namrok
07-05-07, 09:35 AM
I get my paycheck on Monday and I've been debating whether to get this or Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.

Leaning towards RE4 to be honest, it's half the price and by most measures a must play (since I never got around to the PS2 or Cube versions). Maybe I'll get this next month.

It's times like this I really wish I didn't promise myself I'd only buy one game a month :(

tornadog
07-05-07, 10:06 AM
really? Its good? I looked at some of the screenshots a while back and felt the game was 2 years too late. Didnt think abt it much after that. Now I looked up the reviews and most say its average. Is it really worth spending 60 bucks or 50 for the PC version?

Peoples-Agent
07-05-07, 10:06 AM
I get my paycheck on Monday and I've been debating whether to get this or Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.

Leaning towards RE4 to be honest, it's half the price and by most measures a must play (since I never got around to the PS2 or Cube versions). Maybe I'll get this next month.

It's times like this I really wish I didn't promise myself I'd only buy one game a month :(

Res Evil 4 is a cracking game so it's a tough one.

If you can found out whether Overlord is a reasonably sized game, as Qlitchford mentioned, then it's defo worth a purchase.

I'd flip a coin on it.

|MaguS|
07-05-07, 10:11 AM
Im liking the game alot... don't know how long it is but it feels like a pretty decent length. I just wish the minions were smarter at times...

GamerGuyX
07-05-07, 10:42 AM
Is it really worth spending 60 bucks or 50 for the PC version?

The PC version is 40 bucks and yes it's worth it.

Sectus
07-05-07, 01:21 PM

That choice is an easy one. RE4 is an overall great game with good replay value.

Overlord is fun... for a while. Overlord is much much too repetitive, and boss fights become pure frustration as you can't control the minions as precisely as you want.

crainger
07-05-07, 08:31 PM
I've been playing the PC version and it's a ton of fun. The minions are great. I ROFL the first time they came back with Pumpkin helmets. :D

|MaguS|
07-05-07, 08:38 PM
Wait till you see them wear rats as helmets...

Badboy_12345
07-06-07, 02:28 AM
Wait till you see them wear rats as helmets...

yeah I thought when I first saw it WTF is that? is that a rat on my minions head? nah.. yeah it is a rat! LOL! :lol:

Hambone
07-06-07, 07:54 PM
I tried the PC version and ended up buying the 360 version.

The only way this is worth it on the PC is if you use a 360 controller. Otherwise it does look better on the PC, but I'll take the bigger picture and Lazy-Boy my 360 offers :)