PDA

View Full Version : What Version Of Vista Is This?

GunshyGabe
07-06-07, 12:36 AM
Can someone tell me if this is a good copy of Ultimate. What is that yellow sticker all about? Is this a version of Ultimate that I should get? Someone said this might be a academic version of ultimate. How many versions of Ultimate are there and what is Academic all about? Thanks!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Mr_Mestiso/aa2cfce3.jpg

Rakeesh
07-06-07, 01:12 AM
I am assuming you bought this off of ebay or some other internet driven second hand sale. I think that is a full retail copy, but it was probably given away as some kind of promotion or contest/sweepstakes/drawing to whoever had it before you did. Since it was given away, they probably intended that if a government organization was at the receiving end of it, then it is only to be used for evaluation only, but there is no time limit for that evaluation period.

Since you didn't receive on behalf of a government institution, then that particular license stipulation doesn't apply to you.

GunshyGabe
07-11-07, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the reply Alpa. I just picked it up for $200. I'll be installing it later this week. I'll give a report when I can.

ViN86
07-11-07, 11:49 AM
it looks like an academic version. it was probably supplied by MS for free (as a tax write off im sure) and the yellow sticker says that it should only be used for trial/academic/government/evaluation purposes and should not be installed on your personal machine.

like anyone listens to them anyways.

CDE_1246
07-16-07, 08:18 PM
(lee63)

LycosV
07-16-07, 10:10 PM
It's a version of Ultimate, but as stated above the copy was probably sold at a discount to a government instutition or employee. It was a violation of the terms of sale for it to be sold to you. Because it was sold outside of the terms of sale, it's not right to install it on your personal machine. But you wouldn't be the first person to do this. Look at how many people run academic versions of Office & Windows. I guarantee they aren't all students.