PDA

View Full Version : Counter strike source

ATOJAR
07-07-07, 07:34 AM
Ok im basically looking for a little advice\help with counter strike source, i know alot of people here play it and have for a while so as i said just got a few questions.

1) ive noticed in some severs i play in that the players have different logos on there backs, is there anywhere i can go for advice on learning how to create a personal logo\skin?

2) while playing i see people saying\typing "bet ct all" or "bet t all" ... now im guessing that there is some way to bet on either the counter terrorists or terrorists right? how would i do this?

Thanks.

j0j081
07-07-07, 07:55 AM
logos on the actual player models back is probably a custom admin skin for the server you are on so not really a way to do that yourself. as for betting you pretty much answered your own question. if a server has betting enabled just type "bet ct all" or "bet ct 500" and your bet will be placed about which team will win.

ATOJAR
07-07-07, 08:04 AM
Ahh right, i understand the player skin part BUT!...

Say if i type "bet ct all" would that mean im actually asking everybody to bet ct? or is that like saying bet all MY money on ct?

WeReWoLf
07-07-07, 08:26 AM
If you typed bet ct all, it would bet all of your money that the CT's would win.

ATOJAR
07-07-07, 10:52 AM
Ok thanks, sorted that, great having little bets, makes it a little more exiting watching when your dead..

One more thing, for example ive see the following in the text chat:

ATOJAR(for example)has a $1000 bounty started.

what does this mean? obviously that a bounty has been started lol but i don't know what relevance it has to the game? anybody any ideas?

Thanks.

jcrox
07-07-07, 10:58 AM
Get enough kills without dying and a bounty is placed on you, the more kills the higher the bounty, the person that finally kills you collects the bounty

ATOJAR
07-07-07, 11:10 AM
Ahh right, thanks man, sounds cool.

I wonder what the least kills is to start a bounty is and what the smallest bounty is? 5 - 10 kills in a row = $1000 bounty?

Gnaddel
07-07-07, 11:32 AM
The bounty system is not a part of the game itself. It's a script that is used to customize a server. Therefore the settings can differ from server to server. You'll have to read the server infos to know the exact effect of such scripts. Same answer applies to the betting scripts as well as server stats or server bank accounts.

Sazar
07-07-07, 11:43 AM
On those servers running mods like Mani mod and what not, you can simply type "settings" and it will bring up the settings available.

A lot of the persistent GUI based indicators annoy the piss out of me so I turn them off :)

You can also look up your own info on any game session by typing "session" or "statsme" for persistent stats.

Betting is your own personal call and not all servers support it.

Some servers also have "banks".

Type "bank" to deposit or withdraw money to purchase equipment.

ATOJAR
07-07-07, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all your help guys. :thumbsup:

Technoholic
07-07-07, 08:41 PM
Worthy thread to read before I start playing CSS for the first time. :p

fizix
07-07-07, 09:27 PM
cl_Cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 rate 25000 or 30000 cl_interp 0.01 cl_smoothtime 0.1 fps_101 cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 in console and -noforcemspd -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -freq x in your launch options. (x=refresh rate) Most play with a resolution under 1024. VSYNC = OFF.

CDE_1246
07-07-07, 09:43 PM
cl_ragdoll_collide 1
That command makes the physics of the bodies more realistic.

http://www.csbanana.com

Thats a great website for any type of CSS modification you can think of. Theres also plenty of other games.

Sazar
07-07-07, 09:43 PM
Also, to change your crosshair size, use cl_crosshairscale xxxx

I typically use between 5000 and 9999, depending on how drunk I am when I play.

j0j081
07-08-07, 07:36 AM
yeah also once you've got the basics of the game down from playing in pubs, if you want to get good it's better to start ringing with clan/pugs on irc then eventually try joining one yourself. matches/scrimming is really what counter-strike is all about but if you get too used to playing in pubs it can give you some bad habits like baiting all your teammates for easy kills. however I would say pubs are necessary to begin with to get aiming under control and whatnot.