HOME PAGE
http://ryzza007.googlepages.com/vgee

so far i can't get it to work, but beta 3 is very close

Wolfhound
07-08-07, 07:09 AM
I try it when I get home.

RAY16
07-08-07, 02:39 PM
I was hoping somebody would release something like this.

|MaguS|
07-08-07, 03:01 PM
I don't get it, his guide shows you how to do it without his program... what does his program do?

XxDeadlyxX
07-08-07, 07:32 PM
Be careful with what items you alter with this program, I had to reformat because I totally borked the Games Explorer using this program when messing with games which were already detected properly by the Explorer. It's good for adding games which aren't in the explorer though, such as STALKER.

Also aside from Lost Planet, Steam games such as CS, CSS, HL2 etc are really incompatible with the Games Explorer, there are multiple entries added for each and none of them actually WORK in launching the game. Changing the file path with this program didn't help either. So I hid all my Steam games except for Lost Planet, which works well in the Games Explorer.

crainger
07-08-07, 07:39 PM
Nice. I've always wanted Stalker in the Games Explorer as more than just an icon. :D

RAY16
07-08-07, 09:14 PM
Be careful with what items you alter with this program, I had to reformat because I totally borked the Games Explorer using this program when messing with games which were already detected properly by the Explorer. It's good for adding games which aren't in the explorer though, such as STALKER.

Also aside from Lost Planet, Steam games such as CS, CSS, HL2 etc are really incompatible with the Games Explorer, there are multiple entries added for each and none of them actually WORK in launching the game. Changing the file path with this program didn't help either. So I hid all my Steam games except for Lost Planet, which works well in the Games Explorer.

Thanks for the heads up.

nekrosoft13
07-09-07, 12:06 AM
I don't get it, his guide shows you how to do it without his program... what does his program do?

that guide was done before the program. program does what the guide does.

btw, i can't get it to work, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

for those that got it to work, what did you excactly do?

XxDeadlyxX
07-09-07, 12:34 AM
that guide was done before the program. program does what the guide does.

btw, i can't get it to work, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

for those that got it to work, what did you excactly do?

I selected one of the Steam games which don't work anyway at the beginning of the Wizard, then from there you load whatever game you want to change, put your own settings in and click 'Update'. Then you should see the new entry in the Games Explorer.

Games like Half-Life Source and HL2:EP1 box art which I don't even own showed up, when I looked up the shortcuts for those they were actually other games that I do own like Lost Coast, but the Games Explorer seemed totally confused as to what was what. I think Valve and Microsoft really need to work on this a bit. No game other than Lost Planet seemes to even launch properly from the Games Explorer, regardless of whether Steam is open or not.

Wolfhound
07-09-07, 02:18 AM
I selected one of the Steam games which don't work anyway at the beginning of the Wizard, then from there you load whatever game you want to change, put your own settings in and click 'Update'. Then you should see the new entry in the Games Explorer.

Games like Half-Life Source and HL2:EP1 box art which I don't even own showed up, when I looked up the shortcuts for those they were actually other games that I do own like Lost Coast, but the Games Explorer seemed totally confused as to what was what. I think Valve and Microsoft really need to work on this a bit. No game other than Lost Planet seemes to even launch properly from the Games Explorer, regardless of whether Steam is open or not.
Thatīs true I have 3 icons that said Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and 2 icons that said Counter-Strike: source, the 3 icons correspond to HL2, lost coast and Episode 1 and the 2 CSS icons correspond to CSS and Insurgency.

Wolfhound
07-09-07, 02:19 AM

Sin Episodes: Emergence works well too, but if you have Steam running and try to run an Steam game from Game explorer, it gives the message saying that Steam is running

nekrosoft13
07-09-07, 06:22 AM

i initially picked UT 2004, and when i tried to edit an entry for a game that wasn't detected by game explorer, settings won't take effect.

nekrosoft13
07-09-07, 05:51 PM
interesting

https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb173435.aspx

anyone found a download link

|MaguS|
07-10-07, 09:47 PM
It's included in the Direct X SDK.

XxDeadlyxX
07-10-07, 10:18 PM
Damn I thought I would be able to manually add game ratings with that, but then I read this:

For the ratings to be interpreted and displayed by Game Explorer, you must digitally sign the DLL or executable file that contains the GDF data by using a trusted Certificate Authority. If your game is not signed, parental controls considers your game to be unrated, even if you have specified a rating in the GDF

|MaguS|
07-10-07, 10:26 PM
I got the official MS one if anyone wants it... its 91Kbs big, hehe. It allows you to make it exactly how the official ones come without any chance of screwing up windows. :)

nekrosoft13
07-10-07, 11:21 PM
send it over!! PM send

i go this so far

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/8089/clipboard01nl8.jpg

crainger
07-11-07, 12:17 AM
Looking good Nekro. :D

Wolfhound
07-11-07, 07:25 AM
send it over!! PM send

i go this so far

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/8089/clipboard01nl8.jpg

Nice :cool:

LycosV
07-11-07, 12:45 PM
Nekro: how much hardrive space are you using on all those games?

Rakeesh
07-11-07, 02:52 PM

This is more due to bugs in steam than anything else. If you notice, with about half of the games and modifications on there, if use that "create desktop shortcut" option, half of the time icon it creates doesn't even work right.

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 03:16 PM
Nekro: how much hardrive space are you using on all those games?

217gb

nekrosoft13
07-12-07, 01:27 PM
I got the official MS one if anyone wants it... its 91Kbs big, hehe. It allows you to make it exactly how the official ones come without any chance of screwing up windows. :)

works, just don't like one thing about it, it doesn't like normal box art size images, it stretches box art to aquare images.