PDA

View Full Version : By far the best game for the Wii....

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
07-08-07, 01:25 AM
is Mario Strikers Charged Football

I played it tonight. Had a blast. It doesn't really take advantage of the wiimote all that much, but a HELL of a fun game. When it is finally released in the US I will definitely be buying it. :)

nrdstrm
07-08-07, 04:42 AM
And how/why did you get to play it pray tell? If your at the "before E3" parites and you do not get me into E3...I swear I'll....

3DBrad
07-08-07, 01:11 PM
Do you move around, like actually get a small workout, or do you just sit and press buttons?

The only games I plan on buying for the Wii are ones that make you exercise, I do enough sitting in front of the PC. (nana2)

Tygerwoody
07-08-07, 02:21 PM
Do you move around, like actually get a small workout
how on earth can a person consider ANYTHING on the wii a "workout". If you want to workout, go to the gym. Depending on a Wii for a workout is like depending on "Guitar Hero" to become musically talented.

And no, its "button pressing". Very little use of wii controller as i said earlier.

3DBrad
07-09-07, 09:06 AM
Go box for a few hours, that's an aerobic workout. :)

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 09:50 AM
No, thats waving your arms around like an idiot.

I box in RL. Holding a baby controller and punching at the air with no technique is not even CLOSE to a workout. Try wearing 16oz gloves and punching a heavy bag continuously for a tiny 3 minutes. I guarantee you won't make it. ;) Thats not an insult at you, I'm just saying how hard a boxing workout can be. And I do it for 2 hours minimum.

boxing workout > *

tornadog
07-09-07, 09:57 AM
And how/why did you get to play it pray tell? If your at the "before E3" parites and you do not get me into E3...I swear I'll....

I am sure it has to do with an anagram of "parties"

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 11:34 AM
Anyway, if you are interested in getting a workout and losing weight, I would suggest you give real boxing a try. You like the game, so chances are you will like it in RL too. :)

Just be prepared to get your ass kicked the first few bouts.(I know I sure as hell did :p )

nVJoe
07-09-07, 12:18 PM
Anyway, if you are interested in getting a workout and losing weight, I would suggest you give real boxing a try. You like the game, so chances are you will like it in RL too. :)

Just be prepared to get your ass kicked the first few bouts.(I know I sure as hell did :p )
Aerobic workouts like boxing do not make you lose weight. Lowering your calorie intake alone will make you lose weight. You add o that weight training and you will lose weight faster. Weight training burns fat cells workouts like boxing only increase the heart's ability to to pump blood and move oxygen to the cells.

Dr. nVJoe must rest now.

BTW, I have yet to see a boxer beat a MMA fighter. LOL! Oh sure there may be one here and there but boxing is for YMCA emo kids. LOL!

3DBrad
07-09-07, 02:05 PM
I've been lifting weights since highschool on and off. My problem was I always loved lifting weights and gaining mass, but hated running 'n' stuff (except for basketball).

I stopped using Creatine and whey protein, now I just use flaxseed oil, vitamins, etc. The CKD diet helped a bit, but I need to get back to being serious about it. :)

Ninjaman09
07-09-07, 02:17 PM
Aerobic workouts like boxing do not make you lose weight. Lowering your calorie intake alone will make you lose weight. You add o that weight training and you will lose weight faster. Weight training burns fat cells workouts like boxing only increase the heart's ability to to pump blood and move oxygen to the cells.

You lose weight by taking in less calories than you use in a day. Whatever means of exercise you use to burn calories will increase your calorie use per day. Aerobic exercise is a very effective way to help lose weight. Weight training's advantage over aerobic exercise is that it develops and tones your muscles while aerobic exercise increases your cardiovascular efficiency. They are two sides to the same coin.

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 02:50 PM
Aerobic workouts like boxing do not make you lose weight.
:rofl

nVJoe
07-09-07, 03:09 PM
:rofl
You can laugh but it is true. There have been many studies that have come to this conclusion. If aerobic activities like boxing make you lose weight then how do you explain all the flabby heavy weight fighters. Take Butterbean for example.

You lose weight by taking in less calories than you use in a day. Whatever means of exercise you use to burn calories will increase your calorie use per day.
No it isn't a matter of what ever exercise you use. The fact it that cardio exercises do what I said the do earlier. The area where you will lose weight is in the legs because you are using those muscles. You do not lose weight around the waste because you are not using those muscles. I am not saying that aerobic exercises are bad but they do not do what you say. It is the muscle exercise that burns the fat cells and replaces them with muscle cells. It is not the aerobic part that is making you lose weight.

Now weight training will directly burn the fat cells on the muscles you are working out on. You couple this with controlling your calorie intake and you will lose weight.

You can look at all the women who walk everyday and they never lose any weight. Shoot, go talk to women who walk every day but still complain about the amount of fat is on their bodies. You get those women in a gym and do weight training and the fat will be gone.

With all this being said, walking is terrific for your health. It is just as effective as running, in fact it is better because running is hard on your knees and ankles.
[quote]Aerobic exercise is a very effective way to help lose weight. Weight training's advantage over aerobic exercise is that it develops and tones your muscles while aerobic exercise increases your cardiovascular efficiency. They are two sides to the same coin.
How? How does the body's increase ability to move red blood cells to your muscles help you actually burn fat cells?

Yes it tones your body because it is burning the fat cells. The muscle burns the fat cells and replaces the cells with muscle cells. At the same time micro-tears in your muscles by lifting weights are replaced with new muscle cells and thus your muscle mass gets bigger.

So yes, control your calorie intake and you will lose weight alone. Walking is not what is making you lose wight.

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 03:12 PM
BTW, I have yet to see a boxer beat a MMA fighter. LOL! Oh sure there may be one here and there but boxing is for YMCA emo kids. LOL!
This is such a pointless response. Its equivalent to saying "A baseball player can hit a baseball further than a football player!!! duuurrrrrrr!!!!"

MMA is a sport. Boxing is a sport. Of course an MMA could probably win a cage fight against a boxer. Its what they are trained to do. Just like if you put an MMA fighter in a boxing ring he would get creamed. I'm failing to see your point.

People who watch MMA, watch it to see athletes who can be GOOD at all types of Martial Arts(btw, Boxing is a Martial Art ;) ). People who watch boxing, watch it to see athletes MASTER the art of punching. I personally find more enjoyment watching boxing than MMA, even though I like MMA. Hell, even MMA fighters use boxing, they just arent very good at it.

I know you are just being yourself Udawg trying to start something, so don't expect me to take you too seriously in this. :D

nVJoe
07-09-07, 03:18 PM
This is such a pointless response. Its equivalent to saying "A baseball player can hit a baseball further than a football player!!! duuurrrrrrr!!!!"
It isn't pointless. It is intended to get under your skin. :D LOL!

MMA is a sport. Boxing is a sport. Of course an MMA could probably win a cage fight against a boxer. Its what they are trained to do. Just like if you put an MMA fighter in a boxing ring he would get creamed. I'm failing to see your point.
No I am talking about out on the street. I don't care about the ring. Your kung fu is weak. :D

People who watch MMA, watch it to see athletes who can be GOOD at all types of Martial Arts(btw, Boxing is a Martial Art ;) ). People who watch boxing, watch it to see athletes MASTER the art of punching. I personally find more enjoyment watching boxing than MMA, even though I like MMA. Hell, even MMA fighters use boxing, they just arent very good at it.
I like boxing more also. I grew up with Ali, Parnel, Sugar Ray, Holmes, Hector, Haglar and the list goes on. I loved boxing. Now it is just a bore and pathetic. The talent level is down. The alphabet title belts are just annoying. The sport I love is basically a joke. It is too bad.

MMA is stupid IMO.

I know you are just being yourself Udawg trying to start something, so don't expect me to take you too seriously in this. :D
I never do. LOL!

Ninjaman09
07-09-07, 03:27 PM
You do not lose weight around the waste because you are not using those muscles. Now weight training will directly burn the fat cells on the muscles you are working out on.
That is absolutely false. You do not lose weight in localized areas, the body does not work that way. Your body burns stored fat cells when needs energy that your diet for the day has not provided and does so in an even fashion - i.e., it pulls from all over the body evenly. This is the reason doing 500 crunches a day won't give you a six-pack if you have a lot of body fat. I have no idea where you got this idea but it's commonly known to be a myth about weight loss.

How? How does the body's increase ability to move red blood cells to your muscles help you actually burn fat cells?
When you get exercise you use calories. When you use more calories in a day than you take in, your body uses stored fat cells for energy. This causes weight loss.

Yes it tones your body because it is burning the fat cells. The muscle burns the fat cells and replaces the cells with muscle cells.
This is another commonly believed myth about "converting fat to muscle". This is just a figure of speech - fat cells are not literally converted to muscle tissue. They are used up if the body needs them to provide for your energy needs.
At the same time micro-tears in your muscles by lifting weights are replaced with new muscle cells and thus your muscle mass gets bigger.
This is the only part of your post that is accurate in any way.

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 03:28 PM
\ If aerobic activities like boxing make you lose weight then how do you explain all the flabby heavy weight fighters. Take Butterbean for example.

Maybe because he eats alot of fatty food? Captain obvious to the rescue!

Now weight training will directly burn the fat cells on the muscles you are working out on. You couple this with controlling your calorie intake and you will lose weight.

You can look at all the women who walk everyday and they never lose any weight. Shoot, go talk to women who walk every day but still complain about the amount of fat is on their bodies. You get those women in a gym and do weight training and the fat will be gone.

I agree. Weight training is very good for burning fat. However, the reason why most people cant lose weight is because they have a piss poor **** diet. You can lose more weight sitting on your ass eating health food than lifting all the weights in the world eating hoho's and cheese poofs.

With all this being said, walking is terrific for your health. It is just as effective as running, in fact it is better because running is hard on your knees and ankles.

:rofl what garbage. RUNNING is light years better. Ever heard of HITT?

So yes, control your calorie intake and you will lose weight alone. Walking is not what is making you lose wight.
Calories counters are for the clueless. Eat GOOD food and in the right quantities and you will be a healthy weight PERIOD.

Boxing is a GREAT way to lose weight and get in shape. But of course you need a diet to back it up.

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 03:35 PM
The muscle burns the fat cells and replaces the cells with muscle cells.
:udawg: I know you really didn't just say that did you? Fat cells and muscle cells have NOTHING to do with one another. Neither replace each other and neither have ANY sort of relationship together. You can gain fat. You can lose fat. You can gain muscle. You can lose muscle. "Turning fat into muscle" is such a load of bologna smothered in democratic ketchup.

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 03:38 PM
I'm begining to think Udawg is just playing around. He basically pulled out every false argument there is about losing weight. "turning fat to muscle" "localizing fat loss"(which is impossible. fat can NEVER be lose in one area, it is lost all around you body at the same time.) "walking is just as good as running" :udawg:

yea, i think udawg is just screwing around or has the brain of a Vanguard Horse :D

m3dude
07-09-07, 03:39 PM

this is the most hilariously ignorant statement ive ever seen

wow rofl this whole thread is full of gems by this guy knot knowing a damn thing about fitness but acting like he does

"The muscle burns the fat cells and replaces the cells with muscle cells."

"The area where you will lose weight is in the legs because you are using those muscles. You do not lose weight around the waste because you are not using those muscles. I am not saying that aerobic exercises are bad but they do not do what you say. It is the muscle exercise that burns the fat cells and replaces them with muscle cells. It is not the aerobic part that is making you lose weight."

"Now weight training will directly burn the fat cells on the muscles you are working out on"

"You can look at all the women who walk everyday and they never lose any weight. Shoot, go talk to women who walk every day but still complain about the amount of fat is on their bodies. You get those women in a gym and do weight training and the fat will be gone."

this guy is the biggest dummy since.....wait are u nv40?

Tygerwoody
07-09-07, 04:00 PM
this guy is the biggest dummy since.....wait are u nv40?
I think he's Kevplay

nVJoe
07-09-07, 04:13 PM
That is absolutely false. You do not lose weight in localized areas, the body does not work that way. Your body burns stored fat cells when needs energy that your diet for the day has not provided and does so in an even fashion - i.e., it pulls from all over the body evenly. This is the reason doing 500 crunches a day won't give you a six-pack if you have a lot of body fat. I have no idea where you got this idea but it's commonly known to be a myth about weight loss.
True I mispoke about this.

When you get exercise you use calories. When you use more calories in a day than you take in, your body uses stored fat cells for energy. This causes weight loss.
That is what I said. This is what I said in my first response to this.
What is wrong with saying that walking with out reducing your calorie intake wont result in weight loss. This is the post that you all said was wrong but then you reply by saying exactly what I said.

If you want to lose a lot of weight and in the best way possible, reduce your intake, walk and lift weights. Why is that wrong?

This is another commonly believed myth about "converting fat to muscle". This is just a figure of speech - fat cells are not literally converted to muscle tissue. They are used up if the body needs them to provide for your energy needs.
I didn't say that fat is converted to muscles. I said that fat cells are burned and replaced by muscle cells just as micro-tears replace the tear with more muscle.
This is the only part of your post that is accurate in any way.
No, you guys just don't like what I said in my initial post and you lost sight of my argument with my examples. You wanted to turn what I said into something I never said. I can prove what I said in my first post. Go ahead and get someone over weight and have them walk while not reducing their intake in calories.

:udawg: I know you really didn't just say that did you? Fat cells and muscle cells have NOTHING to do with one another. Neither replace each other and neither have ANY sort of relationship together. You can gain fat. You can lose fat. You can gain muscle. You can lose muscle. "Turning fat into muscle" is such a load of bologna smothered in democratic ketchup.
Read what I said. The oxygen that is delivered to the fat cells while exercising burns the fat cells. Put this in context with lifting weights, which is what I was talking about and the fat cell (which was burned up by the oxygen) will be replaced by muscle cells.
Let me post what I said again.
The muscle burns the fat cells and replaces the cells with muscle cells.
I didn't say it turns fat cells into muscle cells. Why did you just lie about what I said? What I did do is not say the oxygen is what burns the fat cells.

You guys keep thinking I am saying that walking and aerobic exercises don't help. I never said that.

nVJoe
07-09-07, 04:31 PM
Maybe because he eats alot of fatty food? Captain obvious to the rescue!
Yeah, I had to say that in support for my argument and you just agreed with it. You are thinking I am saying something very different than I am

I agree. Weight training is very good for burning fat. However, the reason why most people cant lose weight is because they have a piss poor **** diet. You can lose more weight sitting on your ass eating health food than lifting all the weights in the world eating hoho's and cheese poofs.
BINGO!
This is EXACTLY! what I am talking about. If you just reduce your calorie intake you can lose weight, walk and you will lose even more, lift weight and you can maximize your weight loss.

:rofl what garbage. RUNNING is light years better. Ever heard of HITT?
No it isn't. Recent studies have shown that walking is just as healthy for you as running is. If you want to lose more weight then yes run. You keep seeing one part of what I am saying all because you just want to oppose what I am saying. When I said that walking is just as healthy for you as running I meant in terms actual health not weight loss.
http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/1/3079_883
http://healthgate.partners.org/browsing/LearningCenter.asp?fileName=14642.xml&title=Walk%20This%20Way%20to%20Fitness
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/fitness/la-he-matters4jun04,1,262495.story?coll=la-health-fitness-news
http://health.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=148126

The toll your knees and ankles pay from running is not good. I'd rather walk.

Calories counters are for the clueless. Eat GOOD food and in the right quantities and you will be a healthy weight PERIOD.
True and I never said count your calories, I said control it.

Boxing is a GREAT way to lose weight and get in shape. But of course you need a diet to back it up.
This is my FRIKING POINT! YOU DOLT! (said with love, of course. :D)

Right now I want to smash a rock against your genitals. (said with love, of course. :D)

m3dude
07-09-07, 04:49 PM
weight training sucks for losing fat.......jesus what is going on here

nVJoe
07-09-07, 06:11 PM
weight training sucks for losing fat.......jesus what is going on here
I am going to give you the courtesy you have not shown me and just reply with a link or two instead of insults.

http://www.shelterpub.com/_fitness/_office_fitness_clinic/OFC_wt_mgmt.html
http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightloss/a/bestbody.htm
http://www.myfooddiary.com/resources/articles/weight_lifting_lose_weight.asp

Combine cardio workouts with strength training.
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blcircuitwkout.htm
http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_100/131_fitness_tip.html