PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted Drake's Fortune Only Using 30-50% of PS3's Power

SwedX
07-08-07, 08:50 AM
Oh man does this game look good.
It's defenitly a game that make me wants to bye a PS3 and cant wait for jax and daxter and of course Ratchet..PS3 future looking good and IMO the only console you will ever need :D

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-50182.aspx

Take a look at the video, it blew me away the textures, water, animation and all. PS3 is the Powerhouse thats for sure :captnkill:

|MaguS|
07-08-07, 08:53 AM
The negative thing I have heard is that the jungle is very linear, path isn't very open. But most interesting thing I have heard is that the foilage is interactive like Crysis (minus the blowing up trees part, probably due to lack of firepower in the game).

I also think the game is using far less then that, GT3 on the PS2 was said to be using almost everything the PS2 has to offer and yet GT4 looked better as did other games...

CRZSG80NRIG
07-08-07, 08:59 AM
Oh man does this game look good.
It's defenitly a game that make me wants to bye a PS3 and cant wait for jax and daxter and of course Ratchet..PS3 future looking good and IMO the only console you will ever need :D

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-50182.aspx

Take a look at the video, it blew me away the textures, water, animation and all. PS3 is the Powerhouse thats for sure :captnkill:

I will be getting a PS3 once prices come down to earth. I cant see any reason to own a 360 along side a high end PC such as mine when I can play most games on my PC thats also available for the 360 but at much much nicer settings and FPS. :)

SwedX
07-08-07, 09:02 AM
Yepp its one game that seems amazing and one of the first to really show what the PS3 can do and same goes for Ratchet witch looking better every time I see it :)

Have you checked the vid Magus? ..they say it now using probably 30% and they recon when it ships it would use around 50%

I really must have a PS3 and before that a HDTV...where can I found the money tho..

BTW so true about GT3 vs GT4.
just wait for em to unleash the beast it will be awsome :D

SwedX
07-08-07, 09:07 AM
I will be getting a PS3 once prices come down to earth. I cant see any reason to own a 360 along side a high end PC such as mine when I can play most games on my PC thats also available for the 360 but at much much nicer settings and FPS. :)

I did have a xbox360 but dident like it so I sold it and upgraded my Pc and think its the best thing I ever did.

PS3 seems like a perfect complement to my Pc gaming tho :D

LurkerLito
07-08-07, 09:18 AM
Honestly I dislike comments like that. Those are just statements waiting to be torn apart by people. When they get close to release of the game then they decide they have to do something like lower the AA, resolution, or cut levels, then even if the problem wasn't necessarily about the power of the system, that statement will come back and bite them on the rear.

muaddib
07-08-07, 09:18 AM
To be honest the future of the PS3 is looking much brighter than its Microsoft rival. Ratchet And Clank, probable next-gen Jak and Daxter (the games belonging to both franchises are in my personal, all-times top ten list of best games, in addition to Insomniac and Naughty Dog being my most favorite developers of all times); Uncharted (AMAZING!), Folklore, LittleBigPlanet, Lair, Tekken 6, Resistance sequel, MGS4, Haze. Additionally, I hope that the brilliant team behind Ico and SotC (masterpieces; also in my top ten) will produce another title. Almost all of these games are exclusives and are sure to remain so.

I hope that the PS3 will follow the PS2 path, which, IMHO, is the console with the best game library ever, with many, many exclusive games. Besides, many upcoming PC and 360 titles are also coming to the PS3...

|MaguS|
07-08-07, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=muaddib]Additionally, I hope that the brilliant team behind Ico and SotC (masterpieces; also in my top ten) will produce another title. QUOTE]

Rumor has it that they will announce something at E3.

LurkerLito, I would agree if it were any other developer but Naughty Dog has already shown the game in a playable state that looked and ran great... if anything I can see it getting better. Remember these are the guys that did Jak 2/3 which can be said to be a technical masterpeice on the PS2. They also aren't going for 1080p so their aim isn't insane by any means nessecary.

My only negative gripe about Sony Platforms is the lack of American Style games. While they do have some they have nowhere near the amount that MS has, but then it can be said that MS is lacking the Japanese and European styled Games of Sony.

Marvel_us
07-08-07, 09:52 AM
The way they got that number is when they ran the Gamer's Day code they had in their profiler. So I don't think there's a reason to doubt it.

Lyme
07-08-07, 07:25 PM
It has to suck when the amount of work required to use the full extent of a system is so immense.

mrrolf
07-08-07, 09:58 PM
<rant>
I find it hilarious when people claim PS3 (or any platform) only uses XX% of it's power. The people saying this usually no nothing about what's going on under the hood, they just throw out numbers to look smart. It's just marketing or producers trying to use buzz words/phrases. It's sad that so many interweb arguments come from things like this.
</rant>

Marvel_us
07-08-07, 10:03 PM
<rant>
I find it hilarious when people claim PS3 (or any platform) only uses XX% of it's power. The people saying this usually no nothing about what's going on under the hood, they just throw out numbers to look smart. It's just marketing or producers trying to use buzz words/phrases. It's sad that so many interweb arguments come from things like this.
</rant>

You do know that profilers exist right? It's not like they pulled the number out of their ass.

|MaguS|
07-08-07, 10:07 PM
<rant>
</rant>

Yup the developers know nothing about whats going on with the devkits during testing... um yeah they know exactly whats going on, they can see the memory usuage aswell as the CPU usuage. Your rants retarded and misinformed like most arguements on the interweb...

EDIT: Watch this Haze video, after the 10min mark or so you can see one of the programmers mess with the debug kits performance management.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/rumble-sixaxis-in-developers-hands-276014.php

mrrolf
07-08-07, 10:27 PM
Yup the developers know nothing about whats going on with the devkits during testing... um yeah they know exactly whats going on, they can see the memory usuage aswell as the CPU usuage. Your rants retarded and misinformed like most arguements on the interweb...

EDIT: Watch this Haze video, after the 10min mark or so you can see one of the programmers mess with the debug kits performance management.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/rumble-sixaxis-in-developers-hands-276014.php

'Developer' is used loosely around here. Artists are game developers, producers are game developers, designers are game developers. Yet they probably know nothing about what's going on in the engineering world.

If it's an actual programmer that is quoting numbers then I will listen. But any numbers that come from media, marketing, producers, designers, artist, etc.. are most likely BS.

|MaguS|
07-08-07, 10:51 PM
'Developer' is used loosely around here. Artists are game developers, producers are game developers, designers are game developers. Yet they probably know nothing about what's going on in the engineering world.

If it's an actual programmer that is quoting numbers then I will listen. But any numbers that come from media, marketing, producers, designers, artist, etc.. are most likely BS.

Did you even watch the video?!?! The Programmer for the actual game (not a producer or designer but the guy who sits there and codes) said it himself...

It's like talking to a freaking wall...

mrrolf
07-08-07, 10:56 PM
Did you even watch the video?!?! The Programmer for the actual game (not a producer or designer but the guy who sits there and codes) said it himself...

It's like talking to a freaking wall...

I wasn't specifically talking about that video.. but their tool does looks interesting.

brady
07-09-07, 01:23 AM
That game looks pretty cool. Nice graphics and seems like it will have decent gameplay too. Nevertheless, statements like that are seriously annoying and I wish devs would stop saying crap like that.

Amuro
07-09-07, 03:10 AM
I also think the game is using far less then that, GT3 on the PS2 was said to be using almost everything the PS2 has to offer and yet GT4 looked better as did other games...
GT4 used more advanced memory compression methods than older games like GT3.