PDA

View Full Version : device manager problem

Niot
07-08-07, 05:01 PM
I keep getting this yellow question mark under other devices. It's for a "PCI" device. PCI bus 0 device 27 function 0. I have no idea what device that is because it doesn't tell me. Does anyone know what's wrong here? The error code is 1.

AthlonXP1800
07-08-07, 05:36 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

It mean no hardware driver was installed, it seem the OS do not have a build in driver that is compatible with the device.

What OS are you using and listing the complete hardware please that will help me find the correct driver for the device.

Niot
07-08-07, 06:22 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

It mean no hardware driver was installed, it seem the OS do not have a build in driver that is compatible with the device.

What OS are you using and listing the complete hardware please that will help me find the correct driver for the device.
I installed all of the drivers available but it still says the driver was not installed. I have been using the computer with the device disabled, and nothing is going wrong. I think it might be an intel driver bug. I'm using win xp sp2 home.
The problem is that I don't know what hardware it's supposed to be. I have one creative sound card, one pcie video card, and that's it. It's the p 965 chipset.

AthlonXP1800
07-08-07, 07:20 PM
Look like it may be a device driver for motherboard. Try scanning for driver from motherboard CD supplied with your motherboard.

Niot
07-08-07, 09:42 PM
Look like it may be a device driver for motherboard. Try scanning for driver from motherboard CD supplied with your motherboard.
I already went to gigabyte and downloaded the newest driver. It didn't work, the driver on the site is better than the one that came with the CD because it's newer right?

AthlonXP1800
07-08-07, 10:48 PM
I already went to gigabyte and downloaded the newest driver. It didn't work, the driver on the site is better than the one that came with the CD because it's newer right?

Yes, sometime the supplied CD contained very new drivers that the site did not posted the same drivers from the CD. Check to compare the drivers versions. It may be possible that the drivers from the site may caused the bug you mentioned and the recently drivers on the CD could not have a bug.