PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

nV`andrew
07-09-07, 05:01 PM
Ordering tonight, what is the best one i can get for under $50
Mainly for gaming, but can still listen to some decent sounding music. The ability to hear footsteps would be nice :p

I was looking at the eDimensional headset on the egg, not sure how good it is though. Mic is a must.

Thanks

Absolution
07-09-07, 05:22 PM
http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=AHS515

above par sound, very comfy + mic

only thing better imo is those $150+ headsets

nV`andrew
07-09-07, 08:21 PM
Thanks, looks good, yeah im kinda looking for comfort, after a whole year i finally got used to my headset

nV`andrew
07-09-07, 09:34 PM
well i ended up going with some creatives. they were the same price, HS-600's or something like. Only reason was because Altec's site doesnt take paypal

j0j081
07-10-07, 07:36 AM
I can't stand headsets. I just use my hd555s and this Logitech desk mic that was 10 bucks on newegg. Everyone says I sound a lot clearer than the people with really expensive gaming headsets lol.

nV`andrew
07-10-07, 11:53 AM
i would use a nice 5.1 setup but my computer is downstairs in a tiled room (helps with the cooling but then the speakers would echo throughout the house)

my friends headset was a $10 logitech and his mic is amazingly clear

nV`andrew
07-10-07, 04:19 PM
I've never ordered from tigerdirect before. I ordered it yesterday, the 9th, and it said today that it was already shipped and i have my UPS tracking number but nothing comes up under it. I know it has been shipped yet, but tigerdirect says it has. wtf? or do they just say that and you have to wait for something to pop up on ur tracking number. doesn't make sense.

EDIT: nevermind...