PDA

View Full Version : A Little C&C:3 Rant

breathemetal
07-09-07, 09:30 PM
I dont know how many of you have beat the game, but...

After completing the GDI Campaign i was impressed. It was good, long, and challenged me. It took me a few days to beat it all in all. All the cutscenes were good, and the ending was good. It had closure.

Now onto the NOD campaign...
Well, it was good and all, and I liked playing it a lot better. I've always liked being the bad guys. But anyways, even though I liked it better than GDI, the ending was so...not there. There was no closure at all! You walk into the light, and then thats it...you have to be kidding me?

And the Scrin campaign. BY FAR the shortest, but I just love playing the alien race. It was way to short for my tastes, but there isnt much they could do to make it longer besides taking it off of earth and doing something that had nothing to do with C&C. The ending on this one was a bit...looming. No closure, but it gave you a clue to an expansion or what will come next in C&C:4.

Anyways. What are your thoughts?

Do you think there will be more additions to the game?
Or will this be the end of it?
Expansions?

All in all, I give the game a 9 out of 10
1 point taken away from the odd endings on the NOD and Scrin Camps.

CaptNKILL
07-09-07, 10:20 PM
I've had this since it came out (the Kane edition with preorder package actually) but I just havent had time to play it.

I'm going to force myself to finish a few games before I get into this one.

I really enjoyed the demo though. It seemed to mix the good parts of Generals and the previous games.

breathemetal
07-09-07, 10:23 PM
I have the Kane Ed myself.

What was the C&C that was released before this one?
I cant remember

SH64
07-09-07, 10:45 PM
Generals.

so far i only played the game on skirmish & online modes .. its great , though my rant is the Scrin are way too powerful which makes the gameplay unbalanced esp with the improvement of the mothership's attack power in the latest patch.

JasonPC
07-09-07, 10:53 PM
I think an expansion is really going to carry out what goes on with Nod and the Scrin. They don't want to give anything away I suppose. It did feel a little unsatisfying since they really got you interested and then abruptly ended. The Scrin missions were seriously fun though. Short but sweet. The one where GDI and Nod are fighting like cats and dogs up at the top of the map was amazing. You're just down at the bottom saying, "don't mind us aliens!"

crainger
07-09-07, 11:07 PM
I'm still going through it. Had to reinstall Vista with my upgrade, but I have all my saved games there. I think I'm almost finished NOD. Can't wait to try out these Scrin guys.

nVidi0t
07-09-07, 11:35 PM
I haven't had an issue taking out Scrin players online.

CaptNKILL
07-09-07, 11:40 PM
Well, what a coincidence... I didn't realize I was on the last level of CoH (which was really easy and short surprisingly) so I think I'll fire up C&C 3 since im in the RTS mood. :)

nutcrackr
07-10-07, 02:45 AM
Scrin campaign was a tack on, don't care what anybody says, cutscenes that were nothing but a few effects. 4 missions total with no real distinction to them like the GDI/Nod. I mean they built the side and just wanted to extend the campaign. I like that they were harder and you unlock the campaign but more effort would have been nice, Supreme commander had 3 good campaigns. Oh and the Nod ending was so-so but obviously it's exp material.

breathemetal
07-10-07, 09:43 AM
That reminds me, I need to find my SupCom disk...hmmm, where is it? *wanders*

I'll have to find Generals as well:)

LycosV
07-10-07, 11:56 AM
The scrin mothership is a freaking juggernaut since the latest patch. Its chain reacting effect on units and buildings makes it unbalancing to an extreme degree in my opinion.

But it sure is fun to watch an entire enemy team go up by firing on a single building, good stuff.

breathemetal
07-10-07, 12:11 PM
I love the mothership :D

BOOM! :captnkill:

SH64
07-10-07, 02:51 PM
The scrin mothership is a freaking juggernaut since the latest patch. Its chain reacting effect on units and buildings makes it unbalancing to an extreme degree in my opinion.

But it sure is fun to watch an entire enemy team go up by firing on a single building, good stuff.
Yeah fun to watch.
the mothership-mastermind trick is being used everywhere which makes the game rather boring .. i hope next patch changes that.